Kapernick: everything slavery

5GallonBucket

According to the article, he made $40 million being akin to a slave. He was able to come and go anywhere he wanted and could afford to buy just about anything he wanted….. but they made sure he was the right guy beforehand. AND…. it was all voluntary. He was not forced to play football in high school, he could’ve turned down a scholarship for college, he could’ve turned down millions for the NFL and walked away to do something else non-slave like. 

I wonder if any slaves from the mid-1800s would consider trading places with him.

Yes, I assume according to him, everything is slavery.  If you go for a routine job interview, they are probably trying to determine who is best just like the NFL. So I guess technically he is correct. Almost everything we do can in some way be compared to slavery. Well, at least with a couple of big exceptions….  it is all voluntary and compensated. 

I don’t think it is true but it seems that CK has a skewed view of what slavery was. 

Didn’t he also sue the NFL and win for being B-L-A-C-K balled? I guess no one wanted to “purchase” that slave. He’s a POS and so is anyone who follows and believes his ideals. I think anytime one wins a lawsuit there should some stipulation that there be no further contact or harassment by the plaintiff. You won, so take the money and disappear. The money is all he is about anyway, because he promised not to kneel for the National Anthem if an NFL team would pick him up. This makes him a TRAITOR to his cause, but blacks are too blind to see that. The NFL should file a suit for his Netflix program but they won’t due to “wokeness”.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Didn’t he also sue the NFL and win for being B-L-A-C-K balled? I guess no one wanted to “purchase” that slave. He’s a POS and so is anyone who follows and believes his ideals. I think anytime one wins a lawsuit there should some stipulation that there be no further contact or harassment by the plaintiff. You won, so take the money and disappear. The money is all he is about anyway, because he promised not to kneel for the National Anthem if an NFL team would pick him up. This makes him a TRAITOR to his cause, but blacks are too blind to see that. The NFL should file a suit for his Netflix program but they won’t due to “wokeness”.

CK got a deep pockets settlement so I guess you could call that a win. He did not beat the NFL in court and doubt that he could unless he had a recording of two or more owners claiming they were going to stop him from getting a contract. In the deep pocket theory, you sue someone that has a lot of money and make it more expensive for them to win than to settle. For example you could sue the NFL for $100 million for discrimination, then drag it out in court for a decade and cause  $25 million in legal fees….. or they could make an offer of $10 million to just drop the whole issue. The NFL can spend $25 million to win and prove their case or they can spend $10 million to say, just go away. It is like, you have no case and we can beat you in court but to beat you will cost twice as much money.

Now ask why insurance rates are so high…

9 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

CK got a deep pockets settlement so I guess you could call that a win. He did not beat the NFL in court and doubt that he could unless he had a recording of two or more owners claiming they were going to stop him from getting a contract. In the deep pocket theory, you sue someone that has a lot of money and make it more expensive for them to win than to settle. For example you could sue the NFL for $100 million for discrimination, then drag it out in court for a decade and cause  $25 million in legal fees….. or they could make an offer of $10 million to just drop the whole issue. The NFL can spend $25 million to win and prove their case or they can spend $10 million to say, just go away. It is like, you have no case and we can beat you in court but to beat you will cost twice as much money.

Now ask why insurance rates are so high…

Yes, and I understand that completely. I worded it wrong. It wasn’t a “win”, it was a settlement. It seems there has to be some substance to it though or anyone could pull the same stunt, and yet, frivolous lawsuits abound.

Still should be a “now go away son, you bother me” stipulation.

2 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

No dog in the fight so to speak, but to me, comparing a football contract to slavery is insulting to the people whose ancestors where actually slaves..  ......You would think they would be totally against his comments. 

I’m sure many are but there s been some that have been trained.

media on the other hand ….well it’s media

2 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

No dog in the fight so to speak, but to me, comparing a football contract to slavery is insulting to the people whose ancestors where actually slaves..  ......You would think they would be totally against his comments. 

That sums it up.  He just loves the limelight, and doesn’t care who he offends or how stupid he sounds.  How someone who reaped so much from this country can denigrate it so much is beyond me.