Lumberton at Vidor

SmashMouth

I have Ltown winning in a close one.  To many Pirates down.  If the ship was full, Vidor by 20, but the Pirates have to many peg legged running backs.  They have heart but that’ll only take you so far.

BUT, if there’s some game mateys that come up from JV that are unbeknownst to me, the scourge of the Spanish Main may sail to victory. That said, don’t strike the colors just yet.  Load the cannons and be prepared to repel boarders.  Durn the Raiders and full speed ahead.

3 hours ago, BattlinBear02 said:

Game of the week for sure. Hard to pick who wins lol

IMO, as far as this district is concerned, the game of the week should be Livingston/Huffman. It's by far the most important game next week. Winner goes to playoffs, loser ends season. It's just like a playoff game.

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

IMO, as far as this district is concerned, the game of the week should be Livingston/Huffman. It's by far the most important game next week. Winner goes to playoffs, loser ends season. It's just like a playoff game.

I can tell you there are 3 teams that disagree. Lol. 

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

I have Ltown winning in a close one.  To many Pirates down.  If the ship was full, Vidor by 20, but the Pirates have to many peg legged running backs.  They have heart but that’ll only take you so far.

BUT, if there’s some game mateys that come up from JV that are unbeknownst to me, the scourge of the Spanish Main may sail to victory. That said, don’t strike the colors just yet.  Load the cannons and be prepared to repel boarders.  Durn the Raiders and full speed ahead.

Seppy broke leg, clean break,ankle shifted. Don’t know which bone. With
Gall out also, backups/JV players will have to step up

41 minutes ago, BattlinBear02 said:

Is "Seppy" #7? If so, that may hurt vidor big time. That kid is GOOD. Hate to see him go down

Yea he made a couple of good runs against HH in the first quarter and then got hurt. Our offense never really got it going again after that, the kid does his job very well on every play. Even when he doesn’t get the ball he makes his blocks or executes his fakes. The kid they brought in to replace him got knocked out too and probably won’t play this week. We were down to third string and even had DBs carry the ball. I’m sure they will need to make some moves to fill that spot.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Heard anything about #1, Humberson I think?  Got taken out on the sideline.

I haven’t heard anything but he was very wobbly on the sideline, he popped up once and then stumbled back down. Stayed down being attended to for a while, looked like a head injury to me but idk for sure. If it was a concussion, you know how careful they are with that. I would think it’s going to be hard for him to play this week. The HH trainer looked pretty upset with the referees that they continued to play the game with that kid just barely on the sideline being cared for. She even ran out onto the field to get the head officials attention and have them stop play while they moved him. Could you imagine if another play had went that way, carried out of bounds and caused another collision.

15 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Nothing would be better than Lumberton winning at Vidor’s house. I have no animosity towards Vidor. I love em. But the Raiders winning at Vidor would be too sweet. Moreover, they would have an easier 1st playoff round. 

I felt this same way last year when both teams had to battle it out for the 4th seed.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yea he made a couple of good runs against HH in the first quarter and then got hurt. Our offense never really got it going again after that, the kid does his job very well on every play. Even when he doesn’t get the ball he makes his blocks or executes his fakes. The kid they brought in to replace him got knocked out too and probably won’t play this week. We were down to third string and even had DBs carry the ball. I’m sure they will need to make some moves to fill that spot.

3 carries for 31 yards, more than likely on his way to a nice game. 

39 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

What happened to Dilley?

I’m pretty sure it was #1 (if that’s Dilley) who in the 4th Qtr was almost tackled for a loss, broke lose & ran down the sidelines for a 6-8 yard gain, but we got another holding penalty.  He was tackled hard.  Thought the TexanLive announcer said Humberson, but I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’m pretty sure it was #1 (if that’s Dilley) who in the 4th Qtr was almost tackled for a loss, broke lose & ran down the sidelines for a 6-8 yard gain, but we got another holding penalty.  He was tackled hard.  Thought the TexanLive announcer said Humberson, but I could be wrong.

I heard he was out of bounds when clobbered….no flag though