Lumberton at Vidor

SmashMouth

21 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

IMO, as far as this district is concerned, the game of the week should be Livingston/Huffman. It's by far the most important game next week. Winner goes to playoffs, loser ends season. It's just like a playoff game.

Since losing their QB, Livingston is like a body running around without a head.  I’d think Huffman would be a 21 point favorite.  Sure, anything is possible, but Livingston beating Huffman is very, very unlikely.  Personally I’d like the Lions to win, and I hope you’re right implying that Livingston will be competitive Friday.  Go Lions.

56 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Since losing their QB, Livingston is like a body running around without a head.  I’d think Huffman would be a 21 point favorite.  Sure, anything is possible, but Livingston beating Huffman is very, very unlikely.  Personally I’d like the Lions to win, and I hope you’re right implying that Livingston will be competitive Friday.  Go Lions.

I didn't say anything about the game being competitive. I just stated what the importance was of it. It's basically a playoff game. Win move on, lose and your season ends.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I’d like for Huffman to beat Livingston but it wouldn’t upset me at all if the Lions pulled the upset. I just want the Pirates to win and HH go in as a 4 seed because I think they can give the east teams a hard time.

Not sure if I should trust maxpreps but it says the Vidor defense only allowed 150 total yards to Huffman. Crazy that they got 2 scores out of that but still an excellent performance by the defense and they also created several turnovers. Hopefully they can bring it like that against Lumberton and carry us to the 1 seed DC. Our offense put up 300 yards vs HH but only scored once. We have to find the end zone against the Raiders and finish off those nice long clock eating drives.

Edited: I had a misspelled word in the last sentence that made it a bit raunchy, sorry to those that may have seen that.

Edited by Boneyard Boys
Misspelled word… oops 😬

58 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I didn't say anything about the game being competitive. I just stated what the importance was of it. It's basically a playoff game. Win move on, lose and your season ends.

Well, if it wasn’t expected to be competitive, then the importance of the match becomes inconsequential doesn’t it? I guess Hagar was (rightfully so) thinking you were indirectly commenting that both teams had a chance to stay alive which would imply that it could be competitive. Transitive property. 

11 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Not sure if I should trust maxpreps but it says the Vidor defense only allowed 150 total yards to Huffman. Crazy that they got 2 scores out of that but still an excellent performance by the defense and they also created several turnovers. Hopefully they can bring it like that against Lumberton and carry us to the 1 seed DC. Our offense put up 300 yards vs HH but only score once. We have to find the end zone against the Raiders and finish off those nice long clock eating drives.

Edited: I had a misspelled word in that last sentence that made it a bit raunchy, sorry to those that may have seen that.

Yeah, I’ve never seen a drive that would have been considered that. Lmao. 

44 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Do we have any Pirate fans on here that know anything about our freshman team? I’m hearing they have a couple of good running backs, I wonder if they would move a youngster up for the rest of the season.

I’ve heard nothing about the freshman team all year. Always JV results but nada about the 9 graders. Was beginning to wonder if there even was a freshman team. 

15 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

I’ve heard nothing about the freshman team all year. Always JV results but nada about the 9 graders. Was beginning to wonder if there even was a freshman team. 

Just hearing from some of the older kids that they have 2 good backs and one of them is going to be really good. Just wondering if anyone has seen them or knew if the freshman team was doing good this year.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Not sure if I should trust maxpreps but it says the Vidor defense only allowed 150 total yards to Huffman. Crazy that they got 2 scores out of that but still an excellent performance by the defense and they also created several turnovers. Hopefully they can bring it like that against Lumberton and carry us to the 1 seed DC. Our offense put up 300 yards vs HH but only scored once. We have to find the end zone against the Raiders and finish off those nice long clock eating drives.

Edited: I had a misspelled word in the last sentence that made it a bit raunchy, sorry to those that may have seen that.

After the Splendora game the defense has been STINGY! I noticed the other day, they switched a safety to a DB and put the DB at the safety spot, which has worked out well! And of course, Odom at LB has been hitting everything that moves with a couple of INTs the last few games. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Okay, but when you said it should be game of the week, I thought you were implying it was competitive.  You’re absolutely right it’s win or go home, but imo a game of the week should be something competitive.  Just a difference of opinion/interpretation.

Vidor/Lumberton will bring in viewership and get alot of hits on all of their social media pages for the coverage over the week and for what's at stake on Friday. Pretty sure 12News or KFDM isn't gonna go two hours away to cover "basically a playoff game" when its highly likely not gonna be competitive.