Lumberton at Vidor

SmashMouth

2 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

That is an interesting perspective.   Is it mostly legal to hit a Passing Q in the knee cap?  Is it mostly legal to crack back into the box on a linebacker or D End from a slot in the knee cap?   

or are those artistically illegal?  I am by far an expert but I think Hi/lows (chop blocks) are illegal because they break femur bones and destroy ACLs.  

Vidor may or may not Chop Block but I doubt anyone in football including Vidor coaches feel that blocking up high to stand them up and in the “blink of the eye” smashing a knee cap or femur bone down low is artistic.  

I only said "mostly legal" because if there is not enough separation between blocks, it can be perceived (especially by a low paid high school ref) as a chop block - even though it is not. A cut block within in the tackles is definitely legal. It's just a high block by player A - a moment of separation, then a cut block by player B. It's an excellent combo especially on a backside pass block.

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

I only said "mostly legal" because if there is not enough separation between blocks, it can be perceived (especially by a low paid high school ref) as a chop block - even though it is not. A cut block within in the tackles is definitely legal. It's just a high block by player A - a moment of separation, then a cut block by player B. It's an excellent combo especially on a backside pass block.

I agree. Big difference in a cut and a chop.  

9 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

Vidor may or may not Chop Block but I doubt anyone in football including Vidor coaches feel that blocking up high to stand them up and in the “blink of the eye” smashing a knee cap or femur bone down low is artistic.

You are very descriptive - I don't think anyone one mentioned "smashing a knee cap or femur bone". Just for clarity, a cut block doesn't mean using a knife. Figured I would head that one off at the pass... 😆

1 minute ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

Have they?  Is that legal?  

do you know what a Low crack block is?  Is that legal? 

Just now, BelichikYoSelf said:

By a WR split out it is not legal anymore. By a pulling Guard or fullback sometimes legal. 

It all depends on your definition of a crack back. If a receiver goes in motion, for instance, clears the tackle, the ball is handed off to a RB and the receiver blocks the LB above the waste then it's definitely legal. But you are correct, a wideout can't commit the good old blindside block anymore...

4 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

"By a WR split out" ... do you know the positions in football SMH.  

No I do not apparently.  

WR split out Wide.  I edited it so you now understand that sometimes WR aren’t split out wide.   Sometime WR are bunched up right next your TE or Tackle. 

you sure you played college football?Or are you just trying sound super duper cool.  

1 minute ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

No I do not apparently.  

WR split out Wide.  I edited it so you now understand that sometimes WR aren’t split out wide.   Sometime WR are bunched up right next your TE or Tackle. 

you sure you played college football?Or are you just trying sound super duper cool.  

Just for clarity. If they are not split out wide, then they are considered a Split End. Off the line in close is a Slot Receiver. It's a fair mistake.

6 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

No I do not apparently.  

WR split out Wide.  I edited it so you now understand that sometimes WR aren’t split out wide.   Sometime WR are bunched up right next your TE.  

Whether a WR is bunched in tight, split out wide, motioned to the back field (unless he is handed the ball, then becomes a RB)...STILL A WR or other titles like, slot, split can be used.  And yes, I just wanna be a super cool dude saying I played college football.  What benefits would I gain from saying that?  Learn to explain and comprehend before you start spouting off like you're Ed Hochuli.

7 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Whether a WR is bunched in tight, split out wide, motioned to the back field (unless he is handed the ball, then becomes a RB)...STILL A WR or other titles like, slot, split can be used.  And yes, I just wanna be a super cool dude saying I played college football.  What benefits would I gain from saying that?  Learn to explain and comprehend before you start spouting off like you're Ed Hochuli.

Oh I had the comprehension problem.  Got it Super Duper cool Dude.  

For the record a WR Handed a ball in the backfield or anywhere else on the field is probably still a WR.  Only now he is a WR running with a football in his hand.  

But like I said I’m no expert and didn’t play college football.  

Well you don't have to worry much about Vidor WRs coming at you with a crack back block or chop block. They rarely ever split anyone out wide, mostly everything comes from the bunch formation. I think what the original complainer was seeing on the film was the Pirates throwing their cut blocks on every play, they definitely teach that. Vidor has a well known reputation for cutting you and its a major part of our blocking scheme. Of course they are trying to execute the blocks legally, whether or not it's a penalty, well that's up to the interpretation of the referees,. All I can say is there hasn't been a big problem with chop block flags this season, that to me means they are executing their blocks very well. Cause you definitely know when we get called for one, those things are drive killers for the Pirates.

17 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

Anyway.  Let’s get back on topic. 

Can the Vidor Pirates actually win this game without using illegal rolling starts?  

Oh boy, here's another issue. You only have to come set for what, maybe a second? But since ya'll are bringing it up, we have been flagged for that. Illegal procedure, men in motion penalty has been called quite a few times this year.