Texas City at PNG

Stattrax

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

I am thinking BH controls its destiny for 2nd seed. Not sure though.  

Y’all don’t. If TC wins out they are second place. BH also needs TC to beat PNG so y’all aren’t in a 5-2 tie with them which would go to PNG. Basically y’all need TC to beat PNG and then y’all beat TC the last game of the season to secure 2nd. 3rd place will be the easier draw for what it’s worth though. 

34 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Thanks, I will take you word for all that. 

Q: Why do you think 3rd is better than 2nd? I do know 4th place is terrible --FBM awaits.  

Because I think Texas High is better than Montgomery. 2nd place will get Texas High in the area round, 3rd will get Montgomery. 

TC plays defense and defense “travels”. Their offense isn’t that good but just like every other team in the district outside of Crosby, PNG probably isn’t going to score much more than 7 meaningful points on them. On the offensive side of things PNG’s defense is so porous that I don’t think TC will have much trouble grinding out 35+ points on them. 

36 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

PNG has to beat TC to get in. That would put them in as the 2 seed. If all plays out like it should, no upsets, PNG can only get in with a win because of head to head and point differential. So it’s 2 seed or out of the playoffs.

That’s pretty wild when you look at it that way. We said we wanted tougher district play though. There is still a scenario where TC beats both PNG and BH and PNG still gets in but yeah, this is basically a play-in for PNG. Let’s see how they perform in front of the home crowd in a very winnable game even though they’ll be at a personnel disadvantage. Opportunity to play 12 games vs 10. 

25 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That’s pretty wild when you look at it that way. We said we wanted tougher district play though. There is still a scenario where TC beats both PNG and BH and PNG still gets in but yeah, this is basically a play-in for PNG. Let’s see how they perform in front of the home crowd in a very winnable game even though they’ll be at a personnel disadvantage. Opportunity to play 12 games vs 10. 

Points differential is not even close on PNG getting in on a 3 way tie, unless we beat Santa Fe by triple digits. I think it’s a great opportunity for a put up or shut up for our coaching staff. Put a game plan together to win. If you watch film, it’s rather simple. But I say that week in, week out. Maybe we got out of this zone that gives up 50 points a game in district, and 600 yards a game, and we try something different. Whats crazy, is we are giving up 50 a game in district, and still have a win and get in chance for the #2 seed. If that doesn’t light a fire, I’m not sure what will. But if it goes like the bookies would say, your liking at Crosby, TC, BH, Nederland. 

If PNG wins, it goes Crosby, PNG, then 2 more 

If Bh beats Dayton, they are in regardless. Even with a Loss at TC.

Nederland can hope for #4 seed at best.

And as I said, a PNG loss end it for the season.

Should make for some exciting football IMO…. 

2 hours ago, Stattrax said:

PNG has to beat TC to get in. That would put them in as the 2 seed. If all plays out like it should, no upsets, PNG can only get in with a win because of head to head and point differential. So it’s 2 seed or out of the playoffs.

Not true.  If PNG loses to TC and so does Barbers Hill.  It would be a 3 way tie between PNG, Barbers Hill and Nederland.  PNG and Barbers Hill own the point differential and would both be in and Nederland out.

1 minute ago, the weasel said:

Not true.  If PNG loses to TC and so does Barbers Hill.  It would be a 3 way tie between PNG, Barbers Hill and Nederland.  PNG and Barbers Hill own the point differential and would both be in and Nederland out.

PNG beat BH by 14, Loss to Nederland by 10 = a +4;  Nederland loss to BH by 38 but can only get a -17 by UIL Rules and Beat PNG by 10 = -7; BH gets +17 against Nederland and -14 against PNG = +3.  There you go...

49 minutes ago, the weasel said:

Is it district point differential or just between the teams?