#4 West Orange-Stark

3A DII

#6 Newton

2A DI

#3 Timpson

1A DII

#4 Calvert

12 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I’m sure I’ll receive hate for this… But I just don’t think they are a top 10 team in 5A based off their results. Not saying they are a bad team because they aren’t .

Hater!! Nederland is easily the class of this area.

I think Dave Campbell’s is basing their ranking off of the fairly deep run last year, beating Crosby in the final, reputation and then won loss record. Nederland might start 5-0 and end with 0-5. I really don’t see how they’re in the top 10 but it is interesting while it lasts. 

22 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I think Dave Campbell’s is basing their ranking off of the fairly deep run last year, beating Crosby in the final, reputation and then won loss record. Nederland might start 5-0 and end with 0-5. I really don’t see how they’re in the top 10 but it is interesting while it lasts. 

Lol well said 

6 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

How come next opponent is who they played last week?

Looks like the website isn't updated yet.   As far as the ranking goes, I really don't put much into to that,  just beat the team you are playing this week and the rest takes care of itself.

4 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I think they are sleeping on Crosby. 
The QB and running back are good. 
The front 4 on defense may be as good as any in 5A DII. 
I may be wrong but I think they will make a deep in run in the playoffs. 

Nederland is a hard team to address.  They are scrappy.  They take advantage of miscues.  They do have a hand full of excellent players.  They don't give up.  #8 and Monte is their key.  Playing Texas City and Crosby, big Ned has to have a descent start.  I am hoping the match up with them.  I do know one thing they will have to play 4 quarters to beat us.

I do like the scrappiness of the Bulldogs. I think they will beat Dayton, Kingwood Park, and Santa Fe.  I just don’t know about Barbers Hill, Crosby, or Texas City.  I think anywhere from 7-3 to 9-1 before post season.  I just believe after watching them, the QB and defense must improve for them to win district.  I think they will certainly improve and am hoping it is enough.  You just don’t ever know when your dealing with 16-18 year old players and they must avoid injuries.