Is this the best Lumberton team ever????

Guest football09

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ST4life

Is there anyone left who will argue that this is not the best Lumberton team ever?

i agree this is not the best Lumberton team they just are playing in a down district this year and weak playoff teams

Guest abovetherim

They are the best coached team Lumberton has ever had.

Totally agree there DP. I hope they keep him and the rest of the coaching staff for many years. Easy answer here: Yes, hands down this is the best team to date up I believe they have several underclassmen on the team so next year could be even better!!!!

i agree this is not the best Lumberton team they just are playing in a down district this year and weak playoff teams

I wouldn't consider LaMarque a "weak" playoff team.

No other Lumberton team has come close to equalling what this team has done.

This team may not have the talent of past Lumberton teams, but as a unit, they have to be considered the best.

I am about to make two good points here on this thread, which by the way is probably one of the best threads yet.  #1 This is exactly why the better coaches get the better pay.  I  believe this years team is a perfect example of a Head Coach who put together a staff of his liking, and made the best of it.  Coach Credeur is a perfectionist, and never lowers his bar of expectations.  Talk to any of his players, they believe that there is nothing that they CANT do.  #2 The 2007 Lumberton football team is a perfect example of football being a team sport.  There is not ONE athlete on that team that is of D1 caliber, but yet when they play the Ozens, Daytons, and I am sure even Cleveland will have someone go D1 from their school, they can beat them.  When you have ALL 11 guys doing their jobs, and not trying to do more, you will have a successful football program.  Now is this team more talented than the years past, Heck no.  Do they have some Good athletes yes, they do.  Light, Eckert, Luttrell were GREAT athletes all with D1 potential, however they didn't have the nucleus like this team does.  As a former coach, my hat goes off to these coaches and players, because they have worked hard for this to happen. "The cream rises to the top."  Soon it will become a common theme, Lumberton will eventually get into the play-offs year after year.  Good Coaching beats Good athletes 9 times out of 10.

wow they are good your right but im intrested in the redistricting, we amy get Dayton back, but if not i feel sorry for that district because what it looks like is every year you will have four teams killin for three spots, DAYTON, PNG, NEDERLAND, AND LUMBERTON, not to minchin those other schools aren't pushovers.

Is there anyone left who will argue that this is not the best Lumberton team ever?

Thanks westend1.  You sure brought this back to life. ;)

I know this is opinion and not fact but I look at it this way.  This thread isn't asking about the coaches or the players or their talent.  This subject refers to the TEAM.  This group of kids and coaches is definitely the best team.

Although, from what I read on wikipedia Lumberton's Lady Raider Soccer is the best team year in and out. :D

...man, i know this will cost me some karma...

Guest kvillecheer

if this is the FIRST team to EVER make it to the play-offs in Lumberton... wouldn't it only make sense that they are the BEST team that has past through L-town??  ???

You hit that right on the head!!!

Aw, guys come on, ST is just upset because there weren't any tiger stripes in the playoffs this year, that and the fact that had they stepped on any field these Raiders were playing OR practicing on they would have gone back to their mommas with their tails between their legs........LOL.

This IS the best Boys team to ever walk through the halls of Lumberton H.S. by far, with extra emphasis on "team".

I wouldn't consider LaMarque a "weak" playoff team.

No other Lumberton team has come close to equalling what this team has done.

This team may not have the talent of past Lumberton teams, but as a unit, they have to be considered the best.

i also wouldn't say that a district which swept it's first round games, and took 2 of 3 teams to the third round is having a down year.  i really am starting to like the odds of ltown and dayton meeting in round 4.  down year?  i don't really think so.  and to say that LaMarque is weak is rediculous.  Just because they aren't the same team that was winning championships in years past doesn't mean that they aren't better than about 90% of the 4A teams out there. 

I didn't see when it started, but that means it was just a couple of weeks ago and Lumberton had ALREADY won more games than any team previous to this years!  LOL.  I'm not cuttin'...I think it's great that everybody is so excited! 

It kind of reminds me of the early years of WOS ('86, '87 '88).  Granted, we still love our Mustangs, but it seems like there were a lot more people and a lot more people excited about the playoffs (there were tailgaters and RV'ers, etc.) and a lot more attendance.  I think it's just awesome that your whole town is behind your team.  It's very special!!!!  Enjoy!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder