REGIONAL SEMIFINALS - POST INFO HERE

26 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Ummmm...yeah there's a reason.  They have one pitcher, one pitcher who is a lefty that throws low to mid 90's and has commited to Vanderbilt the #1 team in the nation. No brainer 

No brainer? Risk losing a one game series that anything can happen. Let me recall about 8 years ago when the silsbee tigers beat shepherd who had a guy throwing upper 90’s drafted number 2 overall. But go ahead vidorian believe what you want 

31 minutes ago, texas13 said:

No brainer? Risk losing a one game series that anything can happen. Let me recall about 8 years ago when the silsbee tigers beat shepherd who had a guy throwing upper 90’s drafted number 2 overall. But go ahead vidorian believe what you want 

You can recall this past election, 8 years ago, or the last time you sh!t the bed.  Yes, a NO brainer!  Would you rather take a chance in a one game series were you have the advantage of being able to throw your ONLY ace or let a team hang around for a series.  Put the ball in your aces hand and tell him to go win it...duh.  

1 hour ago, PirateNole984 said:

Ummmm...yeah there's a reason.  They have one pitcher, one pitcher who is a lefty that throws low to mid 90's and has commited to Vanderbilt the #1 team in the nation. No brainer 

Not to hijack the thread but: my Hogs from Arkansas is the #1 team in the nation and has been for quite awhile now. 

1 hour ago, texas13 said:

To be fair with the exception of the Kolek brothers on that Shepherd team the rest of the team was average at best….

1 hour ago, aTmfan06 said:

To be fair with the exception of the Kolek brothers on that Shepherd team the rest of the team was average at best….

And that's being nice... If memory serves the catcher couldn't handle Kolek.  Tigers were running at every chance and capitalized on few pass balls.

3 hours ago, PirateNole984 said:

You can recall this past election, 8 years ago, or the last time you sh!t the bed.  Yes, a NO brainer!  Would you rather take a chance in a one game series were you have the advantage of being able to throw your ONLY ace or let a team hang around for a series.  Put the ball in your aces hand and tell him to go win it...duh.  

The rusk coach knows that’s his best chance to win that’s the point I was making. they have to bring there A game as well or there going to the house and it’s just that simple, orangefield  is the better overall team 1-9. Anything can happen

3 hours ago, texas13 said:

Terrible comparison. Silsbee was a much better and deeper team than Shepherd. Shepherds only chance was a 1 gamer vs. Silsbee. Anyone in the know saw that.

Obviously the Rusk coach see's that way as well.

From what I know of these two teams, in a 3 game series I would say Orangefield has a 85-90% chance of advancing. A 1 gamer, it's probably 50-50.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

Terrible comparison. Silsbee was a much better and deeper team than Shepherd. Shepherds only chance was a 1 gamer vs. Silsbee. Anyone in the know saw that.

Obviously the Rusk coach see's that way as well.

From what I know of these two teams, in a 3 game series I would say Orangefield has a 85-90% chance of advancing. A 1 gamer, it's probably 50-50.

Not a terrible comparison silsbee had to bring it and they did and they advanced. One of the best years silsbee had 

6 minutes ago, texas13 said:

The rusk coach knows that’s his best chance to win that’s the point I was making. they have to bring there A game as well or there going to the house and it’s just that simple, orangefield  is the better overall team 1-9. Anything can happen

Please explain OF being the better team?  Have you watched Rusk play this year?  If so, how many games have you watched?  How many OF games have you been too?....guessing all of them

Just now, PirateNole984 said:

Please explain OF being the better team?  Have you watched Rusk play this year?  If so, how many games have you watched?  How many OF games have you been too?....guessing all of them

I have watched both teams and I’m not from orangefield. If rusk was the better team they would be playing a 3 game series. no coach would flip for a 1 game series if they thought they were better overall team than the other 

Just now, texas13 said:

I have watched both teams and I’m not from orangefield. If rusk was the better team they would be playing a 3 game series. no coach would flip for a 1 game series if they thought they were better overall team than the other 

and that's why Rusk wanted a 1 gamer. It was a no brainer for them.