Statewide Ban On Homeless Encampments Approved By Texas Senate!

Reagan

13 hours ago, bullets13 said:

But what do you do with them?  I don’t want Texas to end up like California with people crapping on the sidewalk, but I don’t really care if the homeless group together in out of the way places that don’t affect public safety.  

It’s a problem with no good answers that I can see.  From what little I know of Hobos, they used to stay out in the woods.  Today, the homeless want to be in town where they can panhandle and get alcohol and/or drugs.  I suppose they use bathrooms in local businesses, but that’s not fair to the owners.  It’s a line between being compassionate and trying to keep an orderly society.  It’ll take someone smarter than me to figure out a solution that meshes the two.

Most homeless people I see are men and they are there by choice. I see very few women and no children (I’m sure there are with my limited range), but homeless are not simply family men, down on their luck waiting for a good job to come along. Contributing to their panhandling only exacerbates the problem 

4 hours ago, baddog said:

Most homeless people I see are men and they are there by choice. I see very few women and no children (I’m sure there are with my limited range), but homeless are not simply family men, down on their luck waiting for a good job to come along. Contributing to their panhandling only exacerbates the problem 

In Bmt it’s in the 90% range for men.  Due to my job I drive all over Bmt, so I See a lot of them and usually multiple times thru out the day.

They all made a choice.  
I offer food to them every so often but a majority of the time they don’t want it.