Get Woke -- Go Broke!

Reagan

When you have to resort to scantily clad women doing a sexual bump with each other to attract an audience, you know you are in trouble anyway. There is no music out there today, so what the heck is there to celebrate? I’m stuck in the 60s-70s music. You know, the music in most of the commercials today, and the decades when all the good songs were written.

17 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Ahhh yes... boycotting professional sports because precious feelings were hurt. Then celebrating lower ratings (less profit, less jobs) The original snowflake cancel culture way of life. 

All jokes aside, it's not a boycott.  A boycott is a publicized effort to withhold business to make the company change its behaviors.  Nobody is asking the NFL (or any other league) to do anything.  They've just decided to stop watching/attending... I don't think a subtle move to stop broadcasting the anthem is going to fix anything.   Nobody cares if the NBA makes changes....nobody is asking them to.   People are just finished with them.  Sports were a way to escape the negativity that exists in our world... up until the decision was made to politicize sports.  With that and the changes in our viewing habits/attention spans, I think those numbers won't be coming back.  You see the same thing with awards shows like the Oscars.  When it became less about the performances and more about actors preaching their views during acceptance speeches and awards given based on skin color, people just tuned out.  Good luck getting them back. 

29 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

All jokes aside, it's not a boycott.  A boycott is a publicized effort to withhold business to make the company change its behaviors.  Nobody is asking the NFL (or any other league) to do anything.  They've just decided to stop watching/attending... I don't think a subtle move to stop broadcasting the anthem is going to fix anything.   Nobody cares if the NBA makes changes....nobody is asking them to.   People are just finished with them.  Sports were a way to escape the negativity that exists in our world... up until the decision was made to politicize sports.  With that and the changes in our viewing habits/attention spans, I think those numbers won't be coming back.  You see the same thing with awards shows like the Oscars.  When it became less about the performances and more about actors preaching their views during acceptance speeches and awards given based on skin color, people just tuned out.  Good luck getting them back. 

Spot on. 

48 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Semantics 

58 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Believe or not I agree 100%

22 hours ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

Semantics 

No, it's not... when the Rainbow Push Coalition calls on everybody to boycott Texaco until they get more people of color into upper management, you have a boycott.  

When an unorganized group of people say, "screw those guys, I'm just going to go work in the yard instead" and ask for nothing in return, it's just a massive migration away from that type of entertainment.  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

No, it's not... when the Rainbow Push Coalition calls on everybody to boycott Texaco until they get more people of color into upper management, you have a boycott.  

When an unorganized group of people say, "screw those guys, I'm just going to go work in the yard instead" and ask for nothing in return, it's just a massive migration away from that type of entertainment.  

A boycott is an act of nonviolent, voluntary and intentional abstention from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest, usually for moral, social, political, or environmental reasons.

11 minutes ago, InMAGAWeTrust said:

A boycott is an act of nonviolent, voluntary and intentional abstention from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest, usually for moral, social, political, or environmental reasons.

Right... a boycott is a form of a protest.  It's done to draw attention, and to force a change.

Have you noticed that nobody is like "Hey!  Let's all quit watching football and write the team owners and let them know that we won't come back until they force everybody to stand for the anthem!"  Because that would be a boycott.

Instead you just have a bunch of people saying... "you know, I watch sports to get away from it all... I guess I'm done watching those clowns."  That's not a boycott. 

47 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Right... a boycott is a form of a protest.  It's done to draw attention, and to force a change.

Have you noticed that nobody is like "Hey!  Let's all quit watching football and write the team owners and let them know that we won't come back until they force everybody to stand for the anthem!"  Because that would be a boycott.

Instead you just have a bunch of people saying... "you know, I watch sports to get away from it all... I guess I'm done watching those clowns."  That's not a boycott. 

Where is it said that you have to write team owners and make demands? Did you make that up yourself or do I need to read up on my boycott manual? Geez, some people.