HJ vs Huffman Seeding Game

whsalum

29 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

My personal opinion is that this particular incident should be treated as an altercation that occurred on the floor, regardless if it occurred before, during or after the game. Punches was thrown on the court.  If the altercation would have occurred in the parking lot, law enforcement would have gotten involved.  Coaches, and players should be held accountable for their actions.  If the UIL doesn't respond to this incident with suspensions it may open the door for players to just wait until the end of games to seek their revenge.    

#5 for HJ should be gone for good.! And everyone who left the bench on both sides..!

1 minute ago, hjhawks said:

It wasnt a fight... two players tied up the ball and neither would let go.... that it was at the buzzer and folks were on the court made it seem like something was happening... pretty big over reaction to two dudes playing hard to the end...

Great job by both teams... good luck in the playoffs!

I think the people coming on the floor made it look like a skirmish when in all honesty I know the players couldn’t hear the buzzer. They kept trying to get possession of the basketball. I had a pretty good view looking down the baseline and it looked pretty uneventful to me .

1 minute ago, whsalum said:

I think the people coming on the floor made it look like a skirmish when in all honesty I know the players couldn’t hear the buzzer. They kept trying to get possession of the basketball. I had a pretty good view looking down the baseline and it looked pretty uneventful to me .

So you didn't see the player from HJ throw and punch, and the player from Huffman bleeding after the skirmish, little brawl, or fight.  I know three people that saw a few punches and someone needed a cut doctor.  

33 minutes ago, hjhawks said:

It wasnt a fight... two players tied up the ball and neither would let go.... that it was at the buzzer and folks were on the court made it seem like something was happening... pretty big over reaction to two dudes playing hard to the end...

Great job by both teams... good luck in the playoffs!

I would say that too if it was my team...! But I have already went through this with my team and top players where sitting out for two games and lost a Starter for the rest of the year.! But we still won the State Championship .!😁

5 minutes ago, Who That said:

I would say that too if it was my team...! But I have already went through this with my team and top players where sitting out for two games and lost a Starter for the rest of the year.! But we still won the State Championship .!😁

How’d y’all do this year?

42 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

So you didn't see the player from HJ throw and punch, and the player from Huffman bleeding after the skirmish, little brawl, or fight.  I know three people that saw a few punches and someone needed a cut doctor.  

I was sitting about 15 feet from it in the corner.. I didnt see a punch.  Watched the video my daughter filmed with her phone of the last play and didnt see it there either.  Once everyone ran around them, you cant see the players anymore..  

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

I have to say i saw and heard HJ fans complaining about the huffman students(during the game not the aftergame part). Yet i really didnt see anything any different than i have seen from HJs students in the past.  Now one question i do have and it is just based on an observation but i saw Davis complaining to the refs i believe between the 3rd and 4th quarter and pointing towards those students, then getting upset with the response.  I was wondering what the complaint was, maybe there was so ething i missed.

Know the facts before you respond.   Coach Davis and HJ book has the score as 35-31.  But scoreboard had it 35-30.  That’s what he was complaining about. 

1 hour ago, Jason_Kidd said:

I assume you are taking into the account that one team went into a stall in the middle of the 3rd quarter?

😂😂😂😂 39 points in 3 quarters is low for a good boys varsity team. You could have told me the game ended in the middle of the 3rd quarter and I’d expect more points to be scored.

57 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

So you weren’t there to see it clearly happen in person? 

2 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I did not see that and it would be hard to have a better view than I had. I was about 6 rows up looking straight across the baseline. I left shortly after horn sounded and didn’t see anything that will warrant a suspension. 

1 hour ago, Lazeek said:

Know the facts before you respond.   Coach Davis and HJ book has the score as 35-31.  But scoreboard had it 35-30.  That’s what he was complaining about. 

It looks like he was asking a question, not stating a fact. He was just wondering what Davis was complaining about. 

2 hours ago, undiscovered said:

😂😂😂😂 39 points in 3 quarters is low for a good boys varsity team. You could have told me the game ended in the middle of the 3rd quarter and I’d expect more points to be scored.

Didn't Argyle make it to the state semifinals in the last few years winning games in the mid-40s? As stated multiple times in this thread neither team shot the ball well, but a lot had to do with the pace of the game where there were multiple possessions that lasted over 45 seconds without a shot taken. 

4 hours ago, Lazeek said:

Thats why i asked i never said he was complaining about the students just that he pointed towards them.  Obviously, if that was the complaint he was pointing towards the scoreboard that was right beside them.

5 hours ago, whsalum said:

The players not hearing the buzzer would have been one thing if it had ended on the court.  They went all the way to the wall behind the baseline, which is where most of the activity took place and at that point is where the actual fighting occured.  Those two were the only ones i could see doing anything more than really pushing or shoving.  As far as the other players leaving the bench, most of the ones i saw were trying to seperate those involved.  And it was after the buzzer, so Huffmans players were already on the court celebrating and ran to the end when noticing it.  You could see on video or in person that  most of hjs players just walked that way and were redirected by another player back towards the bench.  Definitely not one of the bigger tustles i have seen but the two that were involved definitely went further than just fighting over the ball.

1 hour ago, Who That said:

We have done very good this year with this young team we have..! Corona cost us the District but we made that clear to the two teams we lost too the second go around. 

Ahhh lumberton beat y’all at Silsbee they would have had to play in a play in game for the district ship 

I can almost guarantee there will be no consequences for the actions of the athletes due to who both Coaches are friends with on a higher level. This incident will have no and I mean no Consequences. Its interesting at the least tho since these are the 2 Coaches whom voted to not let the kid from Fannet be eligible to play Varsity to his zoned school of attendance after leaving the private sector. Karma is real. 

53 minutes ago, Who That said:

Nope if Silsbee wins the other two games they would have gotten the #1 seed..! But that beating Silsbee is over now for another 20+ years 😂🤣

Definitely would have been tied with each team having one loss to each other. Would have been co district champs and play a seeding game