Silsbee 95 Vidor 52/FINAL

WOSgrad

Ballgame is about over and there’s a dunk for Silsbee, they were looking for that one. Up 45, the Tigers continue to press, snow bird and look for leak outs. I’d say they wanted to show Vidor something tonight, mission accomplished. Good luck in the playoffs, if you play this way and get favorable crews there is no stopping you. #14 and #1 look like really good players for the Tigers.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Oh man a ref just took a header straight into the hardwood floor, not looking good over here on the Vidor side. A player bumped into him from behind and he took a nosedive, he didn’t catch his fall at all. You could instantly tell he was in the hurt box, blood all over the court, he’s going to need some stitches. 

Ref is now at hospital with his family. 

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Ballgame is about over and there’s a dunk for Silsbee, they were looking for that one. Up 45, the Tigers continue to press, snow bird and look for leak outs. I’d say they wanted to show Vidor something tonight, mission accomplished. Good luck in the playoffs, if you play this way and get favorable crews there is no stopping you. #14 and #1 look like really good players for the Tigers.

#14 Senior....... #1 Freshman 😁

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Silsbee 95 Vidor 52/FINAL
32 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I’d say... no other team plays defense like that, none that we’ve seen all season long. This team lost to Lumberton? The refs must have actually made some calls that night and put them on the line, either that or you guys laid back on D.

Well a few things that night 1) Lumberton played about as well as they could.  2.). It was only our first or second game back after 2 weeks of being out for COVID.  And 3) we did not full out press and trap until that 4th quarter.  By then it was too late.  All in all the way the teams played that night no question Lumberton should have won.  They played their best and we didn’t.

11 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Gotta say Lamarcus Bottley has really come on strong for us these past two games.

Nice to have a player like him coming off the bench.

Such a young team, I don’t think a Sr started, 2 FR, 2 Soph, 1 Jr. You know they are going to make some noise in the near future. If they play the way they did tonight and show no mercy, I wouldn’t be surprised if they make noise this year. I don’t see how teams deal with all that pressure unless you have a couple of guards who can handle it or if the refs take over the game. 

7 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Such a young team, I don’t think a Sr started, 2 FR, 2 Soph, 1 Jr. You know they are going to make some noise in the near future. If they play the way they did tonight and show no mercy, I wouldn’t be surprised if they make noise this year. I don’t see how teams deal with all that pressure unless you have a couple of guards who can handle it or if the refs take over the game. 

You saw good Silsbee tonight.

Problem is Tiger fans have also saw bad Silsbee this year. Those are games where we turn the ball over 20+ times, toss up a bunch of bricks from 3 point land, give up easy baskets, and get out rebounded by a whole lot. 

Some of that is just inconsistencies that come with being so young.

Hope to see good Silsbee from here on out, but you never know.

6 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

You saw good Silsbee tonight.

Problem is Tiger fans have also saw bad Silsbee this year. Those are games where we turn the ball over 20+ times, toss up a bunch of bricks from 3 point land, give up easy baskets, and get out rebounded by a whole lot. 

Some of that is just inconsistencies that come with being so young.

Hope to see good Silsbee from here on out, but you never know.

Yea that’s what I figured, they weren’t necessarily worried about killing Vidor or showing out but more concerned with setting a standard of consistency and getting primed for the playoff run. I know I like what I saw from them, hands down the best team we’ve seen and we played some really good ones early on.

5 hours ago, ST413 said:

Well a few things that night 1) Lumberton playe

d about as well as they could.  2.). It was only our first or se/cond game back after 2 weeks of being out for COVID.  And 3) we did not full out press and trap until that 4th quarter.  By then it was too late.  All in all the way the teams played that night no question Lumberton should have won.  They played their best and we didn’t.

Smart move coming off a team quarantine for a respiratory virus