Lumberton @ The REZ the battle for first/SETXsports Game Of The Week

I have been reading this forum all season (mostly for comedic value).  My prediction is….

Lumberton 38

PNG 14

And here is why.  PNG is coming off its biggest game/win of the year and can help but have a let down after an emotional win against your rival coupled with the fact PNG has a preconceived notion that the same old “small and slow†Lumberton team will show up.  If the LCM/PNG game is any indication of what PNG has for Lumberton, it will be a long night for the home team (no disrespect, just my opinion).

If you have not attended a Lumberton game this year, you would not understand what this team is about.  Even to date, I do not believe Lumberton has put together a complete game on both sides of the ball.  Example, the Central game should have been much worst than a 3 touchdown victory but offensive mistakes killed some scoring drives. 

There is something special happening in Hardin County right now with this group of young men.  No disrespect to PNG and others in the district.  This is one of those special moments in sports where all of the stars and moons have lined up for a team (“in the zoneâ€)

At 10:00 pm on Friday night, I will just sit back, smile and enjoy every minute of the win for the Raiders.  This has been 40 years in the making and I have been there for almost all of them.  Good Luck to both teams, stay safe and show good sportsmanship all night long.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading this forum all season (mostly for comedic value).  My prediction is….

Lumberton 38

PNG 14

And here is why.  PNG is coming off its biggest game/win of the year and can help but have a let down after an emotional win against your rival coupled with the fact PNG has a preconceived notion that the same old “small and slow†Lumberton team will show up.  If the LCM/PNG game is any indication of what PNG has for Lumberton, it will be a long night for the home team (no disrespect, just my opinion).

If you have not attended a Lumberton game this year, you would not understand what this team is about.  Even to date, I do not believe Lumberton has put together a complete game on both sides of the ball.  Example, the Central game should have been much worst than a 3 touchdown victory but offensive mistakes killed some scoring drives. 

There is something special happening in Hardin County right now with this group of young men.  No disrespect to PNG and others in the district.  This is one of those special moments in sports where all of the stars and moons have lined up for a team (“in the zoneâ€)

At 10:00 pm on Friday night, I will just sit back, smile and enjoy every minute of the win for the Raiders.  This has been 40 years in the making and I have been there for almost all of them.  Good Luck to both teams, stay safe and show good sportsmanship all night long.

And if you lose?  And PN-G beat LC-M 42-13...what kind of indication is that as far as the Lumberton game goes?

Watching the LCM/PNG game and comparing to the Lumberton team, I did not see anything that made be go WOW, this team is unstoppable or watch out for "that" kid.  Yes, PNG looked like a well coached team and executed but comparing them to the Raiders I see a lopsided match up in the Raiders favor.

If we lose?  Well anything can happen, that is why they play the games.  I will tip my hat to PNG and say good job.  I was expressing to others this is not a normal Lumberton team OR weak opponents - This is something real.  Heck, I bet a good percentage of Lumberton players parents are PNG / Nederland graduates back in the day - The Raiders have good genes.

Watching the LCM/PNG game and comparing to the Lumberton team, I did not see anything that made be go WOW, this team is unstoppable or watch out for "that" kid.  Yes, PNG looked like a well coached team and executed but comparing them to the Raiders I see a lopsided match up in the Raiders favor.

If we lose?  Well anything can happen, that is why they play the games.  I will tip my hat to PNG and say good job.  I was expressing to others this is not a normal Lumberton team OR weak opponents - This is something real.  Heck, I bet a good percentage of Lumberton players parents are PNG / Nederland graduates back in the day - The Raiders have good genes.

the raiders have good genes...that my good sir we do....

8)

Akifan94, I know it is hard to understand - It is hard for me being a long time Raider fan to comprehend.

All will see come Friday night.

The only thing I am trying to figure out is what "excuses" is everyone going to use to downplay the win over PNG

PNG not that good anyway?

Emotionally let down after MCM?

Referees called a bad game?

What is the Lumberton haters gonna say Sunday Morning?

I'm going with Lumberton.  However, to say that they are going to blow out PNG or Nederland is crazy.  Lumberton still has to take one game at a time, and the game this week will be a dogfight.  Also, I hope that the players will take a more humble approach unlike Maverick24.  Lumberton needs to win and play with class.

I just do not see how you can improve in one year enough to go from being blown out at home to thinking you are going to blow that team out at their place. I am not saying Lumberton does not have a good team, or that they cannot win. A blowout. Don't bet the farm on it.

what most people dont understand is that we didnt just imporove overnight or suddenly get better this year

with our new coach last year we dramatically improved we just needed a year to completely flush john fuller out of our system and now credeurs raiders are here to dominate and so far thats what they have done... lets keep the L-train rolling right through the reservation!

For the record, Lumberton has already proven themselves. So Lumberton fans don't run around saying that you guys haven't already done that. We PN-G fans have nothing but respect for Lumberton players. Let the guys settle it on the field. The two teams are very similar and it should be a very interesting, close game.

This will be a hard faught game, I think Lumberton will win if they can cut down on a few of the mistakes they made in the Central game. Its funny with two good teams it may just come down to who makes the fewest mistakes, Lumberton is better than I have ever seen them and I believe it will be a one or two score ball game, I wouldn't say at it was going to be a blow out.

For the record, Lumberton has already proven themselves. So Lumberton fans don't run around saying that you guys haven't already done that. We PN-G fans have nothing but respect for Lumberton players. Let the guys settle it on the field. The two teams are very similar and it should be a very interesting, close game.

what the heck are u talking about i know we have proved ourselves but almost every game people are like "win this one and you'll have my respect" thats been goin on for three weeks now

Lumberton has my respect right now. I think it is great for the school and community to be experiencing what you are. I hope you lose Friday night  ;) but still make the playoffs. I personally would like to see PN-G, Ned, and Lumberton in the playoffs. We will see how it goes.

Lumberton - 21

PNG - 10

Lumberton will run the ball well beard will be the guy to shut down that big #33 by the way hes not very good png got very luck last year

You must be out yo mind.  That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time.  I guess all 8 of his TD's this year was luck too.  One young man won't be able to bring Hemmings down.  He is our Senior leader and he would love nothing more than to send another undefeated team home with a loss. 

Guest maverick24

I'm going with Lumberton.  However, to say that they are going to blow out PNG or Nederland is crazy.  Lumberton still has to take one game at a time, and the game this week will be a dogfight.  Also, I hope that the players will take a more humble approach unlike Maverick24.  Lumberton needs to win and play with class.

Glad to see you want a ticket on the L-Train. Trust me ATM we dont care who you are going with, if you have not rode with us in the past and had to deal with all the smack talked from every team in District we don't want you now. It is funny to see some of the same people that talked that trash now try to be nice. We dont have to be Humble we took crap for 40 years and now yall hate that we finally get to talk some back. Trust me we will take one game at a time and we know this game win or lose does not mean anything but one game. We also know that the Haters will come out of the woodwork when we do lose a game.

You must be out yo mind.  That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time.  I guess all 8 of his TD's this year was luck too.  One young man won't be able to bring Hemmings down.  He is our Senior leader and he would love nothing more than to send another undefeated team home with a loss. 

we want it more  ;D plus it wont be jus beard...we are known for gang tackling

Guest maverick24

You need to leave the gang activities in Lumberton.  In MC all it takes is one PNG Defender to bring a weak running back to the grass at the Rez.

That is funny right there. After they are hit by the Trio of backs and the 2 FB's all night they won't think anyone is weak!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder