""Official Mid County Madness Thread" PNG/Ned Predictons

Guest TravelingBandsman

this one has the potential to be a great matchup; Ned is rolling offensively and PNG is holding things down on Defense. Ned Asa C. is a true threat I really like what im seeing from him; If the Indians can contain him and force the bulldogs to run there chances at pulling this one out goes up big time.Dont get me wrong Ned is capable of running the ball but I think PNG is a good run stopping Defense.PNG must limit Neds big Plays to Asa C.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMTsoula...did Central blitz Bellows a lot, and if so was Ned scuccessful in picking it up? To me, one of the keys to the game is pressuring Bellows. If we do we have a chance, if we do not we could be in trouble.

First half, they did pick up the blitz when we did blitz.  We didnt' do a lot of it, which is probably why he picked us apart.  Second half, we didnt' get any sacks on him, but we did get pressure in his face and knocked him down a few times. 

This INDIAN will have mixed emotions Friday!

Although Rooting for my Home Team, I have a connection through coaching the majority of these kids on both sides of the ball (Asa Cárdenas, Nick Cardenas, Eric Swann,...etc) Mid-County Gators.

It’s great to see these kids excel.

I remember from flag on up.

Thanks for the memories and many more to come.

I-N-D-I-A-N-S !  Scalp 'em, NDN's, Scalp 'em!  Here's hoping CHEROKEE will be the theme song for Mid County after Friday night!   Best of luck to both teams, both deserve to win, both are what high school football is all about!  Bulldogs vs. Indians....the MADNESS continues![/color]

BMTsoula...did Central blitz Bellows a lot, and if so was Ned scuccessful in picking it up? To me, one of the keys to the game is pressuring Bellows. If we do we have a chance, if we do not we could be in trouble.

In my opinion if PN-G blitzes all night then Bass will be catching a ton of screen passes. Nederland is getting much more comfy with the spread and so is Bellow. The beauty of the spread is that you take what is given to you. If y'all don't blitz, we have some good medium to deep routes. If y'all do blitz, then you will see a lot of short screens and dump passes. The beauty of being in the gun is you have a second or two to react to whatever the defense is doing. The best thing I like about our QB is that he does not lock in on one WR. He spreads the ball around realy well even though he has the best WR in the district on one side. Should be a good game. I think PN-G will have to mix up their defensive looks to try and confuse Kirby. If they blitz all night or just lay back all night, I think he will find a groove.

I know you PNG/Nederland fans are obviously giddy, but I'll be glad when channel 6 can get past this week and decides to cover some other area schools.  When a television sportscaster is asking which shirts are selling more at a store....c'mon.  Several other key games going on besides this one.  I bet the Buna and Kountze crowds would like some lovin' too.

Magic 8 ball has it being close with a late turnover helping the Injuns by 2. :P

"Offensively, PN-G can do both things well," said Neumann. "They (the Indians) try to base things on a grind-it-out running game, but they can take their shots passing the ball. Harrison Tatum is an excellent thrower, and he has some good receivers.

"Defensively, they're as sound as a silver dollar. Up front, they have two excellent ends in Burnett and Schexnider, and they're strong in the secondary and they get support from their linebackers. They make you be good to move the ball on them."

Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder