Carthage 38 Wimberley 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

10 hours ago, dj said:

Carthage qb better be right by next week .

Carthage QB handled Gilmer just fine last time these two teams played. And he’s handled every other defense just fine as well. Not sure why you have such a bone to pick with this kid, but he’s breaking the school record for completion percentage this year (says a lot, because Carthage is not a team that just throws short, they throw ALL over the field) which goes to show you he is very accurate. He also has only thrown I believe 2 INTs all year to close to 30 TDS at this point

4 hours ago, HikeMoncho said:

Carthage QB handled Gilmer just fine last time these two teams played. And he’s handled every other defense just fine as well. Not sure why you have such a bone to pick with this kid, but he’s breaking the school record for completion percentage this year (says a lot, because Carthage is not a team that just throws short, they throw ALL over the field) which goes to show you he is very accurate. He also has only thrown I believe 2 INTs all year to close to 30 TDS at this point

Im not against him. Calling what it is. He will struggle on the next level. Calling a spade a spade. If u know football stop looking at stats. What makes him look so gud is that oline.even on the 5A level. How many lines are better. Hey I take my hat off to there play calling. They are so well rounded. If u put him on a average team u want hear of him. Im sorry all I see is a pocket QB that can't move. In an era of the moving QB. That kid will struggle.he struggle for a while lastnite. Carthage defense was dominant. Biggest difference in the game lastnite.

15 hours ago, dj said:

Carthage qb better be right by next week .

He had on off night throwing the deep ball, maybe the rain or just an off night. It doesn’t matter. He will play better in Jerry’s house. 
The Dawg D will now get to show the entire state just how special they really are on the biggest stage in high school football. You people may not know but they start 9 juniors. Three D line, all three linebackers, one cornerback, and one safety are coming back. 
Add in D lineman number 80 a sophomore that has played in every game. 
This defense will be talked about for a very long time. 

1 hour ago, dj said:

Im not against him. Calling what it is. He will struggle on the next level. Calling a spade a spade. If u know football stop looking at stats. What makes him look so gud is that oline.even on the 5A level. How many lines are better. Hey I take my hat off to there play calling. They are so well rounded. If u put him on a average team u want hear of him. Im sorry all I see is a pocket QB that can't move. In an era of the moving QB. That kid will struggle.he struggle for a while lastnite. Carthage defense was dominant. Biggest difference in the game lastnite.

You don’t complete 70% of your passes just because of your o-line. With how often Carthage throws it and the kind of throws they ask of their quarterbacks, that is phenomenal. So yes, that statistic does matter. Any coach would LOVE to have that comp percentage and td to int ratio.

• WOSgrad changed the title to Carthage 38 Wimberley 7/FINAL

I agree and there are some teams around here this guy wouldn't start for but the team is playing for the title next week and will probably be the favorite, and got there convincingly. Everybody on your team can't be all state. Another thing is this, you look at this board, browse thru the posts and see some folk critiquing teams or certain players often times not flattering. That's cool. That's your opinion and opinions are the fuel. But now someone comes along and gives a point of view of their team, their little Johnny and it's not a positive one. All of a sudden it's not cool anymore. "You say what?" "Yeah right" "Why don't you go back and look at...."  Bottom line is, "if you can't take it, don't dish it."  Mrs. C. Mathews, teacher, 2nd grade.

23 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You also just described Ben Roethlisberger (11-1) and Drew Brees (10-2). While Patrick Mahomes’ or Lamar Jackson’s style is dynamic, it’s just a style. Name me a running current QB and I’ll name you a pocket guy that can match him. 

Then there it is, it all fits now. He plays for a team that's being compared to the Steelers, Saints, Chiefs and Ravens right here on this board.

Horton is an  incredible qb.  I don't know a team he wouldn't be starting on, certainly in our area.  Surratt is a quarterback guy and Horton is his qb.  Enough said.  His stats are very good.  Surratt puts a lot of faith in him and calls him the coach on the field.  He isn't perfect but anyone that thinks he is a mediocre qb just doesn't know what they are talking about.  

50 minutes ago, house said:

Horton is an  incredible qb.  I don't know a team he wouldn't be starting on, certainly in our area.  Surratt is a quarterback guy and Horton is his qb.  Enough said.  His stats are very good.  Surratt puts a lot of faith in him and calls him the coach on the field.  He isn't perfect but anyone that thinks he is a mediocre qb just doesn't know what they are talking about.  

At the end of the day. Carthage is a dominant team.  And tremendously coached team. I've said what I've said. I've seen alot better this year.and its my opinion that he want do well at the next level.im sorry I dont think he is as great as some of the ppl says he is.

11 minutes ago, 4thstring said:

Beckville would be playing this week if the starters that Carthage has from there would of stayed. 

Dude they have not went to b ville since before junior high and beckville would of needed more then two guys to still be playing by them getting whooped up by timpson and then timpson getting smacked around the next week

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Then there it is, it all fits now. A low rent hs football team being compared to the MLB Astros right here on this board.

😎

Aw hayle naw, you can compare Carthage to the 'Stros because they are that good, but low rent? No way, have you seen their facilities?  Man you need to put the brake fluid down.