Best High School Football Players you have ever seen

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince Young in a land slide. No one close. He had a certain it in HS. My nephew went to Hightower. And when they Played Madison in the playoffs, he seemed so relieved when he'd heard Vince probably wouldnt play in that game. Well, I knew very little about VY. When the teams came out of the tunnel, Vince wasn't their. Then he suddenly appeared surrounded by a few Madison coaches. My nephews exspression was that of, UH OH! The rest is history, Vince almost single handedly murdered a power Hightower Defense that year. His poise as a HS athlete was incredible. By far the best.

I played against Kenny King of Clarendon. Kenny played FB at OU and went on to the NFL with the Oakland Raiders.

One of the best HS RB's I ever saw play was a kid named Brad Beck from Perryton Texas. He received a scholarship from UT. He was so good, UT's Fred Akers gave his dad a job as assistant coach to ensure they could sign him.

UT didn't work out for Brad. I understand he allowed the temptations of Austin to get the better of him.

James Brown(WB), Frank Middleton(WB), Calvin Collins(WB), Corey Pullig(Deer Park),Kendall Cleveland(WOS), Michael Hendricks (Bayton Sterling), Gerald Moore (Yates), Leeland MCelroy(Central) these are the one's I played with and against that I think were the best HS players that I've seen.

Briles(Stephenville), Katy RB a couple of years ago, LaMarque QB a couple of years ago, Riley Dodge(Southlake Carroll) are just a few that I can remember as a fan that stood out

Ever in High School?  "Lil Joe" Washington at PA Lincoln.

I was just a kid at the time (and most of you weren't born yet), but 1972's      PA Lincoln VS PNG game that featured "Lil Joe" Washington VS Jeff "The Jet" Bergeron may still be the best high school game I've ever witnessed.

Ever in High School?   "Lil Joe" Washington at PA Lincoln.

I was just a kid at the time (and most of you weren't born yet), but 1972's       PA Lincoln VS PNG game that featured "Lil Joe" Washington VS Jeff "The Jet" Bergeron may still be the best high school game I've ever witnessed.

Oh yea - and only one team went to playoffs back then to.

Same era up in Kirbyville - a runnin back named Earnest  "Bubba" Bean - Played for the Aggies and Falcons

I've only seen film, but Kenneth Hall from Sugarland in the early 50's was simply outstanding. I think he still holds some state rushing records to this day.

Ken Hall still holds the national and state records for career yards and season yards and he never played more than 12 games in a season.  He was ahead of his time.  Ran a 9.6 100 and was big for a back in that era.  Signed to play for Bear Bryant at A&M.  Got married the summer before he started college.  The Bear didn't like married players so he wouldn't play him at RB.  I think Hall only played 2 years at A&M.  Signed a free agent contract a few years later with the expansion Oilers and hurt his knee I believe his rookie year and didn't play but 2 or 3 years.  Later in life the Bear said that the way he handled Ken Hall was the biggest coaching mistake of his career.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder