Best High School Football Players you have ever seen

Two best players I ever played against.

Michael Bishop - Willis High School

and the next guy was in college but was far and away the best player I have seen on a football field:

Randy Moss - Marshall

Never got to see VY but Jacquizz Rogers from Lamar Consolidated is the best player I've seen in the last 6 years since I moved back to Texas.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TravelingBandsman

I'm surprised no one has mentioned him yet...but Garret Gilbert, quaterback for Lake Travis High School. Got to see what he was capable of in person last year and have seen the stats recently. He has skill, and I'm interested to see what Lake Travis will be like without him.

a 100 years ago a guy by the name of Parnell Lykes form Hull was a "load on wheels".  No one could stop the guy.  He single handily beat us 56-0 in 1980, like I said 100 years ago.  He ran over everyone they played.  He went on to play for LU but we know about that.   He was brute!!!   

I'm surprised no one has mentioned him yet...but Garret Gilbert, quaterback for Lake Travis High School. Got to see what he was capable of in person last year and have seen the stats recently. He has skill, and I'm interested to see what Lake Travis will be like without him.

I more interested to see what the Horns do with him.

HOOK 'EM

My great-great-great grandpa has video of a kid who was Crazy Horse's nephew.  Ran for 500 yds per game back in the early 1800's, I think he was absolutely the best to ever play in this area... please argue with me.  Don't ask how he has video, things were more advanced than you would think.

My great-great-great grandpa has video of a kid who was Crazy Horse's nephew.  Ran for 500 yds per game back in the early 1800's, I think he was absolutely the best to ever play in this area... please argue with me.   Don't ask how he has video, things were more advanced than you would think.

:D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D :-X

I'll stick with some small school guys that I've seen play or played against:

Brian Gamble - QB/LB, Alto, Texas A&M

Tony Bua - RB/LB , Liberty, Arkansas, Dolphins

Rodney Thomas RB, Groveton, Texas A&M, Oilers/Titans/Falcons

Jeff Spikes, RB Burkeville

Joe Allen Slack, RB, Hull-Dasietta

The Anahauc QB/FB/RB backfield of #1, #2, and #3....Micheal Ricks, Walter Terry, Jason Speights...all went to SFA together

Being from HD, we heard all about how awesome Parnell Lykes was in the mid 70's. State record holder for years in discuss, state champ in shotput, and he was a champion 100m sprinter :o :o :o. From what I understand after his family moved to Florida his kid brother was a decent player too......Warren Sapp.

Anyone remember a really good running back from Beaumont Kelly in the late 80's? I remembered they called him Kelly's Comet!!

You sure Slack fits in with the rest of those guys????

Maybe not with the top three I listed, but easily fits in with those Anahauc guys and Spikes. He was a two time All-State RB, and All-State basketball three years.

Joe was and still is a pretty darn good athlete.

Dayton---who was the broncos qb or maybe it was their rb in about 1999 or 2000? I remember yall having a great one in that time frame when they played PNG at LU

That was Dakari Pearson, who went on to start at DB for Texas. That was a heck of a game between Dayton and PNG with standing room only and everyone in purple and white!! Dustin Long was hookin up in the first half with one of the Coburn twins for about 6 or 7 completions and a couple TD's with Pearson only playing QB. The second half he played both ways and locked down on Coburn I want to say holding him without a catch in the second half and helped shutdown PNG's offense. Long vs. Pearson was one very good matchup of two completly different great quarterbacks. Pearson was one heck of a player!!

Jerry Ball WB was a bruiser. Talk about run over you. OUCH

Ivory Williams ( either Central or Ozen ) speed to burn.

J Charles Lincoln

and probably a ton more that have already been listed :-D

I believe that Jerry Ball played mostly LB in HS & carried the ball some. That being said, he was certianly a load when he did have the ball.

Guest rykerx144

Theres one that didnt just stand out in high school but he has stepped it up and having an amazing college career and thats Sean Weatherspoon "Spoon" from Jasper.  He is having an awesome year leading the Missouri defense this year. 

Jerry Ball WB was a bruiser. Talk about run over you. OUCH

Ivory Williams ( either Central or Ozen ) speed to burn.

J Charles Lincoln

and probably a ton more that have already been listed :-D

He went to Central!  Don't every make that mistake again!   ;D ;D

Where is Ivory now? When I last met/talk with him, he was going to train with a coach at UofH. Nice kid.

I ASKED TWO QUESTIONS. I RECEIVED NO ANSWERS. I WILL ANSWER BOTH OF MY QUESTIONS. THE QUARTERBACK WHO BEAT W.O.S. FOR THE 4A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, YESR 2000 IS QUARTERBACKING TEXAS TECK SATURDAY AGAINST OKLAHOMA SOONERS. "GRAHAM HARRELL"  CAN YOU SAY HEISMAN TROPHY. DON`T TRY TO TELL ME THAT I DON`T KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.  I AM POSITIVE OF THIS.          AS GOOD AS DUSTIN LONG WAS,  HE "NEVER" BEAT W.O.S.  THANK YOU.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder