• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some of the best players I've seen

1. DE-Bryan Smith- Newton, Mcneese St., Currently with Philedelphia Eagles

2. RB-Toddrick Pendland- Newton, Currently with Mcneese St

3. QB-Billy Malone- Paris, Currently with Abilene Christian University

4. QB-Vince Young- Houston Memorial, UT, Currently with Tenn. Titans

madison

ED PEVETO.  ORANGEFIELD HIGH-SCHOOL  1955. SCORED 6 T.D. IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. 6 MAN FOOTBALL.  THE NEXT YEAR I TOOK HIS PLACE. THINGS HAVE NENER BEEN THE SAME SINCE THEN, AT ORANGEFIELD. THOSE 6 T.D. WERE 60 YARD OR MORE. THAT WAS 53 YEARS AGO AND THATS THE WAY I REMEMBER IT.    IN ABOUT 1952, WALLICE HIGH HAD A "ONE MAN" TEAM. HIS NAME ,  J. C. JONES. HOW ABOUT ERNIE LADD, WALLICE HIGH.

I actually saw Tony Franklin (FW Eastern Hills) and Russell Erkslabin (FW Arlington Heights) kick 50+ yard field goals in the same game (Russell's name is mispelled I'm sure).

It was to my knowlegde the first time two different kickers kicked 50+ field goals in the same game (1976). They of course went on to kick for A&M and Texas, where they continued the battles and even into the NFL.

They may not have been the best athletes, but it was an incredible sight, one that does not get repeated often even in the pros today. 

From the 70's a kid from Lumberton called Pee Wee Langham he went on to play some Pro Baseball but was a standout RB for a not so good raider team!!!

Man someone went to the archives, I graduated with PeeWee but the best i've seen in person was Marvin Adams LB Lumberton he would tackle a tree if it had a ball!!!!And the man Mr. Hussey no DIS Jacob keep ROLLIN.

I did forget one other, Jamal Charles. I think some people are posting on players that ended up in pros or college standouts. I think if posters will think about it is about that player on Friday might only. All for of my choices were players that sperated everyone else on the field.

Guest Brubaker

If you're gonna ridicule a guy's opinion, at least throw somebody up there with better credentials.  McGuire is no where near head and shoulders above Long and Beasley, so your post is out in left field.

I would have to agree with many of the posts here but, since the topic is Best players I've seen, I would have to say Anthony Byerly at Newton. Watched him play against Orangefield and Crockett in the playoffs. This was back in the early 80's (I guess). I was just a kid. Byerly went on to UT but it didn't pan out (Dang Longhorns!). I also enjoyed watching Dakari Pearson at Dayton a few years back (another Longhorn). I'm sure I could think of a dozen more but I'll stop with these two for now.

Two names I can't believe have not been on here yet, Deon Beasley of WOS and Dustin Long of PNG

Are you serious, deon and dustin, thats the best you've EVER seen? you need to watch more h.s. football gabe, theyre ok but the best...NO SIR.

Jay Mcgwire from silsbee was one of the best h.s. athletes ive ever seen play.

Like I care what you think? You bash every post I ever put. I am only 28 years old and seen more HS football than you can dream of - plus I was smart enough to find a way to get paid for it.

As for as my picks, Long was a great, great QB. If you question that start watching ice skating.

As for as Beasley - he was worth price of admission.

Then take a second grade class again to help read because I never once even said they were the best I seen. I said I can't believe their names had not been brought up and I wanted to give them some respect.

Two names I can't believe have not been on here yet, Deon Beasley of WOS and Dustin Long of PNG

Are you serious, deon and dustin, thats the best you've EVER seen? you need to watch more h.s. football gabe, theyre ok but the best...NO SIR.

Deon Was more than OK.

Guest Brubaker

You either ain't seen enough, or don't know what you're looking at.  I've seen all three play in person and would have a hard time distinguishing why one was better than the other... all three very good.

Guest tigersvoice

Like I care what you think? You bash every post I ever put. I am only 28 years old and seen more HS football than you can dream of - plus I was smart enough to find a way to get paid for it.

As for as my picks, Long was a great, great QB. If you question that start watching ice skating.

As for as Beasley - he was worth price of admission.

Then take a second grade class again to help read because I never once even said they were the best I seen. I said I can't believe their names had not been brought up and I wanted to give them some respect.

Gabe, Gabe!  You're displaying the temper of an Editor.  I remember when you were that happy-go-lucky, quick witted sports writer. ;D  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder