Port Neches-Groves 22 Nederland 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

47 minutes ago, baddog said:

Well, your assessment of our RB was off just a tad, wouldn’t you say? He took one to the house from about 65-70 yards that no one could gain on. The rest of his yards were between the 20s. Ned had an excellent chance to win this game with 21 points.

Mazyck was unstoppable. Without that fumble it was all over for png 

19 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Ned #10 is an outstanding RB.  Vision, tough runner, quickness, and speed.  He is not going down on first contact or with arm tackles.  When Ned loaded up and ran on the right side, good things happened.  Ned has some meat on the OL and they can move the line of scrimmage.   When #10 cuts it back, he can take it to the house in a hurry.  PN-G got a TO and had a shot at the end for the W.  As usual, the last team with the ball wins.  Great HS football game.  It  could have gone either way.  Not sure why anyone would be down on PN-G or Ned.  We both have issues, but who doesn't?  The PN-G defense is not the best, but our kids are coachable and playing hard.  I'll take it.  Ned can correct some things and move on to the next game.  I feel like other teams need to worry about PN-G and Ned.  The Indians and Dogs will have opportunities to grab a W in each and every game, Barbers Hill and Crosby included.  In each game, if things break right, if some variables go our way, then PN-G will have its shot to get a W...same for Ned.  No reason for either team to hang its head or throw in the towel.  Lots of football left in district.  15 - 18 year old kids make mistakes.  It happens.  Get up and go play.

Go Indians.  Peace.

I absolutely think both Ned and PNG can beat Barbers Hill. I’m not sure about Crosby. 

Is there a way for both coaches to file a complaint about the officiating crew? They may be the worst overall I’ve ever seen. They never seemed to know what they wanted to do, and they appeared determined to make the game and the outcome about themselves. I don’t know if there is a process for that, or what that process would be. 

2 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Is there a way for both coaches to file a complaint about the officiating crew? They may be the worst overall I’ve ever seen. They never seemed to know what they wanted to do, and they appeared determined to make the game and the outcome about themselves. I don’t know if there is a process for that, or what that process would be. 

Ask @RaiderGirl2010 she's the POC for that. Trust me. 😁

28 minutes ago, outanup said:

Not one to ever blame officials here but, If you have Facebook look up James Mosleys video of the PI call at the end of the game..... 

I seen this angle.  Looks to me if the Nederland player didn’t push off on the PNG receiver, kid would’ve at least put a hand on the football.  

On 10/24/2020 at 8:42 AM, spidersal said:

Your usual Nederland vs PNG game down to the wire

however it does not look like either team can beat BH and Crosby this year. They could possibly come in 3rd and 4th, if they can beat Dayton, KP, Santa Fe, and TC

i think PNG can, but I don’t know about Nederland. Whoever comes in 4th will be one and done in the playoffs

if you look at Barrow’s record since he took over, it is not impressive and PNG will never play defense as long as Faircloth is there

Never play defense? Held Nederland to 7 in second half with starting QB? Really did you watch the game? Give a little credit. I heard on here that Nederland was going to put up 40? I think the defense did a pretty good job. Proud of the boys. Both teams played hard. 

PNG gave up 38,37, and 30 the 1st 3 games. This is not what I would call good defense.  Nederland got beat by a highly overrated Lufkin team and beat a very weak   Jacksonville team. They still have a weak offense and struggle on defense, example the last PNG drive.  Yes, both teams played hard, but as of today, they are average at best and will have to improve tremendously to beat BH and Crosby this year.  I am hoping they can, but as of now, I see 3rd and 4th in district

41 minutes ago, spidersal said:

PNG gave up 38,37, and 30 the 1st 3 games. This is not what I would call good defense.  Nederland got beat by a highly overrated Lufkin team and beat a very weak   Jacksonville team. They still have a weak offense and struggle on defense, example the last PNG drive.  Yes, both teams played hard, but as of today, they are average at best and will have to improve tremendously to beat BH and Crosby this year.  I am hoping they can, but as of now, I see 3rd and 4th in district

Have you happened to go back and look at the schools that PNG has played so far? It’s easy go to MaxPreps and look them up. Pa Memorial, Tomball, Beaumont United - please do if you don’t mind...I would Really like to hear what you think about those teams and how they would match up in our district? The teams PNG has played so far have been all quality teams and just look at how they are doing so far. I’m giving a little more credit to the defense holding Nederland to 21. 

5 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Yes PAM, BU, and Tomball are playing well, however PAM and BU are in an extremely weak district. Friendswood was the favorite, but is really struggling. Again 2-2 and 1-2 are not too good in my opinion 

And that's Memorial and United's fault? 

19 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Yes PAM, BU, and Tomball are playing well, however PAM and BU are in an extremely weak district. Friendswood was the favorite, but is really struggling. Again 2-2 and 1-2 are not too good in my opinion 

I asked how do you think these 3 teams would do in our district? Port Arthur Memorial, Tomball and Beaumont United?  I’m curious. I guess you don’t get what I’m saying here.... Png was in every one of these games and could have won. We went into overtime with Memorial which I think would win hands down in our district easily.