Nederland 21 Waller 14 FINAL

KFDM COOP

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waller shot themselves in the foot, real good athletes and maybe suspect play calling. Haven't seen the stats, but it sure looked from the stands we were doubled up.

Defense is strong. Gave up a couple big plays, but I give Waller credit, they played hard and had the horses.

Grogan's play was awesome on the steal from Waller's runner and taking to the house for about 70. I hope Stewart is Ok, he played a great game on the defensive line. D Johnson, besides his fumble recovery for TD, ran down a sure TD by Waller late, next play they fumble.

Offense sputtered, Bellows has the skills to be a big time QB. Asa Cardenas, the WR for Nederland is a playmaker. He needs the ball more.

Overall, lucky to get out of this with a win. Scoreboard is WInner.  

I must admit, Waller had a formidable running game with maybe the best 1-2-3 punch I have seen. Their FB, QB and TB were all big, strong and ran hard.

They ran this nasty little QB keep play with an absolutely phenomenal fake that just ate our lunch all night. They must have run it 20 times and it worked 19 of them.

Wareall Grogan is the real deal. He pays hard. He had an awesome take away, he just tok the ball right out of the QBs hands, just took it away. It was pretty cool.

DJ is really good but Grogan has been the playmaker all 3 games.

To be honest I am really super stoked about our quarterback. I would bet that his throws hit their mark over 90% with 80% of those while trying to escape the pressure... and the passes were dropped. He threw a rifle pass on the run about 30 yards downfield and the ball hit the receiver in the shoulderpads dead center of the chest so hard that it bounced back about 10 yards. I am telling you we have a winner on our hands bigtime. If he can stay humble and just do his thing like he has been, especially with the defense playing this well ,,, well it could be a very good season,,, possibly.

Defense is good too, as was Wallers defense. They were agressive and they hit hard.

DJ had a really good night tonight and he really showed his toughness playing through a horrible cramp. It ate him up in the late 3rd and 4th qtr but he refused to give up and made an incredible save on a long run where #25 got away. You could see he was cramping bad as he caught the guy and went down, rolled over in agony and got up and just kept going.. He also had a sweet fumble run with the meanest stiffarm I have seen since Sumrall. It was bitchin'. It will be on his highlight reel I guarantee you. Not to take away from the whole defense. Waller had a great run offense and with the offense struggling they went nose to nose with the Waller offense for the most of the game. BTW, the defense scored 2 of the 3 TD's. Asa Cardenas caught a great pass and just willed his way into the end zone for the go ahead. It was sweet, but you gotta give Waller credit, they would have easily deserved the win, they really outplayed us but the Defense just never gave in.

This offense has potential but a few things need to happen.

1. The o-line was decent on pass blocking, but needs work on run plays.

2. Bellow needs to get his timing down.  He was holding the ball too long.

3 The WR need to catch the d*** ball when it hits them in the hands.

4. The Offense plays need to stretch the field more.  We stayed at 5 yards from LOS or less most of the night.

5. The O needs to show up before the last drive of the game.

Great job guys! It was a nail biter, but a Win is a Win is a Win...lol.

1) Offensive line needs to get a fire in their rear on run plays. We have two capable RB's that can run the football (Bass and Roy). We saw what Lil Bass can do when he gets a crease(40 yard run on the last drive to set up the game winning pass).

2) If our defense plays to this intensity every night, BOY, they are gonna be tough to play against. Looking forward towards the battle of the defenses on Oct. 12 against PNG.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder