Nederland 21 Waller 14 FINAL

KFDM COOP

Bigdog/FB99, fact is we have a soph qb and are still have some things to work on.  I think this is good news, he has tremendous potential and that's with putting up 5 TD's in his first 2 starts.... that's the bottom line.  Nobody thought our football team would be 3-0 right now.  Awesome job, and the best is still yet to come... we haven't even scratched the surface to how good this team will be.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is time to put a little bit of Waller's perspective on the the game. Yall did play a great game, but try to put in perspective. Waller should have won this game hands down. Of the 7 fumbles, your defence caused 3. The long run by #2 should have never counted in my opinon. The qb's forward progress had been clearly stopped by being driven back 5 yards and the play should have been blown dead. The one TD by #1 called back because of a pentalty was bogous, they called the reciever off the line. The roughing the punter pentalty was bogous as well, the offical gave a 15 yd. instead of a 5 yd. pentalty. The punt was clearly away and the punters leg was already on the ground. The players slid into the punter, they did not run into him ??? When we were in the red zone it was not your "D" that stopped us, it was ourselves. A player ran the wrong play and cause the qb to have to fend for himself. The second time was a fumbled snap that yes yall did recover. Don't get me wrong, a win is a win and yall deserve it. Yall were ready to play and we were not. Mis Q's and mistakes costed us the ball game. Good luck to you and your team.

It is time to put a little bit of Waller's perspective on the the game. Yall did play a great game, but try to put in perspective. Waller should have won this game hands down. Of the 7 fumbles, your defence caused 3. The long run by #2 should have never counted in my opinon. The qb's forward progress had been clearly stopped by being driven back 5 yards and the play should have been blown dead. The one TD by #1 called back because of a pentalty was bogous, they called the reciever off the line. The roughing the punter pentalty was bogous as well, the offical gave a 15 yd. instead of a 5 yd. pentalty. The punt was clearly away and the punters leg was already on the ground. The players slid into the punter, they did not run into him ??? When we were in the red zone it was not your "D" that stopped us, it was ourselves. A player ran the wrong play and cause the qb to have to fend for himself. The second time was a fumbled snap that yes yall did recover. Don't get me wrong, a win is a win and yall deserve it. Yall were ready to play and we were not. Mis Q's and mistakes costed us the ball game. Good luck to you and your team.

I will agree that Waller had a strong offense and a good defense and had they won the game,  it would have been well deserved. Frankly I was shocked that they did not win, they SHOULD have one, but heck Waller threw the game away. THAT's the perspective that the Waller faithful should see. You have no one to blame but your own execution or lack thereof for the loss. The team played MORE than well enough to win,,, but they lost. Not because of referees but because of turnovers,,, forced or unforced. Stop losing the handle and you win the game.

1. When you say that Nederland did not create all the turnovers,,,, well you are just proving the point. If Waller was really that good they would not be putting the ball on the ground 4 times in 1 game. That shows nerves, inexperience or just hideous execution. Paint it any color you want, there is no good excuse for dropping the ball 4 times. It just shows that Waller has a lot of work to do.

2. Just for the sake of argument and pure opinion. On the TD, the quarterbacks progress was not stopped, he was in the open field trying to spin off of the defenderand could have just as easily broken free and scored. If he would have, we would not be having this discussion, you would not be saying,,,"They should not have given Waller the TD, because our progress was stopped", you would have been jumping for joy .  Bottom line... A prepared football player would never allow a defensive player to yank the ball out of his hands like that, not just rip it right out of there... It was like being "****" slapped by Grogan for petes sake.

Had he protected the football and just gone down like he should have, again we would not be having this conversation. Somebody needs to find the handle or this is going to continue to happen to you.

Bottom line, Waller is a kick butt team, your defense was very good and your offense is a good running team, but you are one dimensional, that is not good. We have been deep into the playoff and beaten supposedly unstoppable run teams that could not throw time after time.  I did not see the stats, but I would venture to guess that the Waller offense had the ball for over 30 minutes of the game and you only scored twice... Our defense was asked to hold off a smash mouth offense for that long and they only gave up 14 points? Man, you SHOULD have scored 5 times and you did not.. Sounds like Waller just needs some work.. Just like we do!!

Good luck to Waller for the rest of the year. You have an great team and deserve a good run!

I agree with all of you, just wanted to put in my two cents of what I saw. Waller does need to stop the fumble problem, it bit us when we played against Lamar Consolidated. Please understand I'm not making excuses for the team, just looking from it from our perspective. Yall have a class act and great coaches in Nederland, as we do here in Waller. Hope everything works out for both teams.

Titan, that's cuz everyone LOVES Nederland.  It's hard not to pull for them when you're out there in your zebra shirt carrying a flag around... sometimes you just get caught up in loving the Dogs.  You can't blame em, it's kind of expected.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw