Trump - Biden Debate

Realville

2 minutes ago, Reagan said:

100% brain washed statement!  

I speak from knowledge and experience. I was in the 6th grade in Silsbee Tx when schools here began voluntary integration. My friends, some still living here, and more white kids in general than not would say at various times in various settings say “I hate n*****s”. Ten, eleven year old kids. Hate like that is learned. It is taught. Hate is a strong emotion that will influence anyone’s thinking. Many of these kids had parents who were school teachers, business people, civic leaders. They were taught this kind of thinking at home, just as I was fortunate enough to have parents who taught acceptance. Their parents were taught that hatred, and their parents before them and so on back to the settlement of this land by the white conquerors.  When it is ingrained that deeply in any society, the norms and laws will reflect it. You can deny it all you want, but that don’t mean it ain’t true.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:22 PM, TxHoops said:

No I get what @AggiesAreWeis saying and how he feels.  He obviously feels other candidates are worthy of his vote.  I’m sure he is far from the only one who cannot, in good conscience, cast a vote for either one of those two buffoons.   And I’m not about to try and judge someone else’s conscience.  

Yeah, that was a little extreme on my part. Thanks for the call.

20 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I speak from knowledge and experience. I was in the 6th grade in Silsbee Tx when schools here began voluntary integration. My friends, some still living here, and more white kids in general than not would say at various times in various settings say “I hate n*****s”. Ten, eleven year old kids. Hate like that is learned. It is taught. Hate is a strong emotion that will influence anyone’s thinking. Many of these kids had parents who were school teachers, business people, civic leaders. They were taught this kind of thinking at home, just as I was fortunate enough to have parents who taught acceptance. Their parents were taught that hatred, and their parents before them and so on back to the settlement of this land by the white conquerors.  When it is ingrained that deeply in any society, the norms and laws will reflect it. You can deny it all you want, but that don’t mean it ain’t true.

So today is no different than when you were in the Sixth grade?  Minorities are treated the same as they were then?  voluntary integration date suggest precisely when you were in the sixth grade.  The hatred of which you speak is, WITHOUT A  DOUBT, taught/learned on BOTH SIDES of the racial spectrum.  If you cannot acknowledge that, then further exchanges are unnecessary.  I have grown children who have kids in their teens and I do not see any of what you are suggesting.  Furthermore, explain this to me.  I have a close family member who is a reasonably accomplished high school basketball coach.  A few years ago, there were two jobs for which he decided to apply.  The athletic director in both and separate incidences, told him that, regardless of his resume, a black coach had to be hired.  At that moment, was his white privilege showing?

25 minutes ago, stevenash said:

So today is no different than when you were in the Sixth grade?  Minorities are treated the same as they were then?  voluntary integration date suggest precisely when you were in the sixth grade.  The hatred of which you speak is, WITHOUT A  DOUBT, taught/learned on BOTH SIDES of the racial spectrum.  If you cannot acknowledge that, then further exchanges are unnecessary.  I have grown children who have kids in their teens and I do not see any of what you are suggesting.  Furthermore, explain this to me.  I have a close family member who is a reasonably accomplished high school basketball coach.  A few years ago, there were two jobs for which he decided to apply.  The athletic director in both and separate incidences, told him that, regardless of his resume, a black coach had to be hired.  At that moment, was his white privilege showing?

There is a BIG difference in hatred borne out of fear and hatred borne out of superiority. If you can’t acknowledge that, no further exchanges are necessary. 

And no, I am not suggesting sixth grade is the same as it was. But, 400 years of thinking is not going to go away in 50 years. The change is slow, but it could accelerate with some basic acknowledgments.

2 minutes ago, SW1966 said:

baddog, you responded to the other post with an automatic belief the black person had a long list of crimes, even though that post said nothing about either one having a criminal record.  What say you?

If you can’t look at it without tunnel vision, then what is the point of discussion? That scenario is one that could play out. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it unacceptable. 

34 minutes ago, UT alum said:

There is a BIG difference in hatred borne out of fear and hatred borne out of superiority. If you can’t acknowledge that, no further exchanges are necessary. 

And no, I am not suggesting sixth grade is the same as it was. But, 400 years of thinking is not going to go away in 50 years. The change is slow, but it could accelerate with some basic acknowledgments.

What "acknowledgments" will accelerate it?  Sorry, but wearing a black lives matter t shirt is not the answer.   Kneeling for National Anthem is not the answer.  Why no response to my relatives hiring issues because he is white?

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

What "acknowledgments" will accelerate it?  Sorry, but wearing a black lives matter t shirt is not the answer.   Kneeling for National Anthem is not the answer.  Why no response to my relatives hiring issues because he is white?

What goes around comes around. The sins of the fathers are visited to, what, seven generations?

On 9/30/2020 at 10:06 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

My point, I value my vote. Neither candidate is worthy of my vote.

Yeah, I was a little quick on the call out. A no-vote is a valid response if can find no reason to support either side. Passions running high, brother.

Sw1966, the man made a comparison between a black man and a white man saying that the black man would serve more time for the same crime as the white man. Now, how in the world can I pick the white man to have a rap sheet longer than your arm to make my point? It doesn’t work. In your devious plan to paint every white man as a racist, you find yourself failing to be alert enough to understand the goings on between two other people, in which you decide to interject your whopping two cents. I am sick of being called a racist by you and everyone else. If that’s all you got, then you are broke.

19 minutes ago, Realville said:

Hopefully, UTalum and the other associates watch this.  Other associates include SW1966 and his mama big girl.  They have continually said Trump has never disavowed white supremacy groups.  That just proved they have no clue.  Maybe they could come up with a video where Biden has ever been asked if he was against antifa or BLM.  It probably doesn’t exist.  But, we do know what exists.  A video showing Biden proudly proclaiming a quid pro quo concerning his son and Ukraine!  

2 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Hopefully, UTalum and the other associates watch this.  Other associates include SW1966 and his mama big girl.  They have continually said Trump has never disavowed white supremacy groups.  That just proved they have no clue.  Maybe they could come up with a video where Biden has ever been asked if he was against antifa or BLM.  It probably doesn’t exist.  But, we do know what exists.  A video showing Biden proudly proclaiming a quid pro quo concerning his son and Ukraine!  

Have you not yet learned that the left is exempt from all rules of conduct because "the cause is so noble" that the end justifies the means.