Brazosport at Vidor

Realville

According to DCTF, they have 6 coming back on offense/5 on defense. 

Picked to finish 4th in a district that also includes El Campo, Needville, West Columbia, Stafford and Bay City

They have a sophomore QB that they think will be good and a linebacker that is getting some FBS interest.

15 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

According to DCTF, they have 6 coming back on offense/5 on defense. 

Picked to finish 4th in a district that also includes El Campo, Needville, West Columbia, Stafford and Bay City

They have a sophomore QB that they think will be good and a linebacker that is getting some FBS interest.

👍

52 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I agree, but I don’t think they were playing 5A football last year when they were in 5A. That’s why they’re so glad they moved down! 😎

Imo, they were.   Four losses by points 1, 8, 14 and 4.   Not great, but respectable.  All against much bigger schools.  If they can play with the same intensity, they’ll be a force.  If they think it’ll be a cake walk, they’ll end up with another “respectable” season, and that’d be a shame.   Again, imo, they should make a pretty good playoff run.   I wish them nothing but the best.

26 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Imo, they were.   Four losses by points 1, 8, 14 and 4.   Not great, but respectable.  All against much bigger schools.  If they can play with the same intensity, they’ll be a force.  If they think it’ll be a cake walk, they’ll end up with another “respectable” season, and that’d be a shame.   Again, imo, they should make a pretty good playoff run.   I wish them nothing but the best.

You know I’m just being a turd. 

On 9/6/2020 at 11:24 AM, Hagar said:

MaxPreps has the Hudl clip of the Brazosport game.   They have some good speed in the backfield and one of their RB’s looks big.   Sweeny did gift them with 3 TO’s, two for TD’s.   This will be a good test for the Pirates.

Just watched the video, Brazosport had -5 yards passing and Sweeny had -2 yards passing. The 2 picks looked like lollipop throws into the air for easy interceptions. I might be crazy but I think Vidor may have a better passing attack than both of these two teams... The Pirates won't know what to do going into a game with the passing advantage over their opponent. Brazosport had 148 total yards, most of that on 2 runs shown in the highlight. It does look like they have a couple of speedy backs but I just don't see this game going their way unless Vidor gives them a few gifts like Sweeny did. Sweeny had nearly double the yards but gave them 3 turnovers, 2 for touchdowns. Brazosport was 1 of 6 on 3rd down and Sweeny 2 for 7, the stats say this was an ugly game to watch. You know Vidor would put up 300 yards rushing on just about anyone in 5a, if the Pirates take good care of the football they win this one easily.

This is the hidden content, please

Boneyard boys 

That is the JV film. The Varsity had nearly 500 yard of offense without the gifted turnovers. They had at least one 75 yard touchdown pass. I think it will be a good game. We have to limit the yards after first contact. If we were to wrap up, Sweeny wouldn’t have scored their only td. Brazosport will be a good test for vidor. 

12 minutes ago, Exporter said:

Boneyard boys 

That is the JV film. The Varsity had nearly 500 yard of offense without the gifted turnovers. They had at least one 75 yard touchdown pass. I think it will be a good game. We have to limit the yards after first contact. If we were to wrap up, Sweeny wouldn’t have scored their only td. Brazosport will be a good test for vidor. 

Welcome to the board. 😎