Brazosport at Vidor

Realville

33 minutes ago, Exporter said:

Boneyard boys 

That is the JV film. The Varsity had nearly 500 yard of offense without the gifted turnovers. They had at least one 75 yard touchdown pass. I think it will be a good game. We have to limit the yards after first contact. If we were to wrap up, Sweeny wouldn’t have scored their only td. Brazosport will be a good test for vidor. 

Thank you, that would certainly make more sense. Some of those passes were, lets just say very JVish… I'll see if I can find the tape and form a better opinion. Do you have a link?

4 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Just watched the video, Brazosport had -5 yards passing and Sweeny had -2 yards passing. The 2 picks looked like lollipop throws into the air for easy interceptions. I might be crazy but I think Vidor may have a better passing attack than both of these two teams... The Pirates won't know what to do going into a game with the passing advantage over their opponent. Brazosport had 148 total yards, most of that on 2 runs shown in the highlight. It does look like they have a couple of speedy backs but I just don't see this game going their way unless Vidor gives them a few gifts like Sweeny did. Sweeny had nearly double the yards but gave them 3 turnovers, 2 for touchdowns. Brazosport was 1 of 6 on 3rd down and Sweeny 2 for 7, the stats say this was an ugly game to watch. You know Vidor would put up 300 yards rushing on just about anyone in 5a, if the Pirates take good care of the football they win this one easily.

This is the hidden content, please

Only problem, those stats are so weird, them and the score don’t seem to go together.   Maybe B’port got some TD’s on special teams - KO’s/Punt returns?  Regardless, I’m anxious for this game to see if Vidor’s dropping down is going to make them a force in 4AD1 this year.   

UPDATE:   Just looked at the local newspaper for B’port.  They said B had 468 yards total O, and picked up 4 turnovers from Sweeny.   That makes more sense.

I've been duped into thinking this will be a cake walk... Probably not at all looking at the box score, Brazosport definitely dominated their opponent last week. MaxPreps only has highlights of the damn JV game up though, same on Hudl. I'd like to get a look at their Varsity squad but I guess we'll get an up close and personal look Friday night.

This is the hidden content, please

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

Only problem, those stats are so weird, them and the score don’t seem to go together.   Maybe B’port got some TD’s on special teams - KO’s/Punt returns?  Regardless, I’m anxious for this game to see if Vidor’s dropping down is going to make them a force in 4AD1 this year.   

I had it all wrong, its going to be a good game. MaxPreps only has JV highlights up, that's good though we need to be tested in these first 3 games.

On 9/6/2020 at 5:06 PM, Physical Atmosphere said:

Honestly, I don't think they're gonna need another Quirante this year. This team was going to be  this year. good even if they stayed in 5A. That defense is pretty well rounded and very STOUT . The defense was imo the best in their district last year. I say that because they were on the field the entire season with the offense being absolutely horrible. They still managed to finish the year with good numbers regardless of playing 10 times the downs of most defenses in the district. That defensive line will give people fits and the secondary is very good. They have their QB back who already showed potential when he played for them two years ago. He's a true QB. Unfortunately , png held him hostage on their sideline last season.

I don't think PNG held anyone hostage I believe it was a move the young man made on his own and let's see how things progress before we start appointing ourselves as the big bad bully they scrimmaged 1 good team so far and put up 0 points so let's not get carried away and if the same kid that played qb last yr would be the qb this year they would have the same success just because he wouldnt be playing near the talent he did last yr so hold your horses just a bit your qb played 1 opp. And put up a goose egg 

11 minutes ago, astros4141078 said:

I don't think PNG held anyone hostage I believe it was a move the young man made on his own and let's see how things progress before we start appointing ourselves as the big bad bully they scrimmaged 1 good team so far and put up 0 points so let's not get carried away and if the same kid that played qb last yr would be the qb this year they would have the same success just because he wouldnt be playing near the talent he did last yr so hold your horses just a bit your qb played 1 opp. And put up a goose egg 

Pretty strange right, starting QB for one program and on the bench for another program. I think he will do fine because he finished the season as our QB his Sophomore year and did pretty well.

13 minutes ago, astros4141078 said:

Periods help.

45 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I don’t think this game will be a easy win for Vidor as some may think. 

Starting to think it’s a real possibility, being our first game who knows what you’re going to get. We could start slow and build going into district. I do recall dropping the first game last year to Montgomery 33-32. That would have been a W if the special teams personnel was set up the way it was the rest of the season. We gave up a bunch of points in that game, made a lot of adjustments and were pretty stingy the rest of the year. 33 points to a 2-8 team and around 14 average in district. 

18 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Pretty strange right, starting QB for one program and on the bench for another program. I think he will do fine because he finished the season as our QB his Sophomore year and did pretty well.

There's no doubt the kid will be successful the team won't play near the competition but that guy has been bashing last yrs qb and hb since last yr I promise you this if last yrs qb was still the qb the team would have just as much success that is a fact

1 minute ago, astros4141078 said:

There's no doubt the kid will be successful the team won't play near the competition but that guy has been bashing last yrs qb and hb since last yr I promise you this if last yrs qb was still the qb the team would have just as much success that is a fact

Oh I see, I understand where you’re coming from.

59 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Welcome Expo!

How does y’all’s district look over there, is El Campo running things this season? We also play Bay City, any opinion on their program? 

ElCampo will be stout. Needville and Bport will be battling for second despite what DC says. Bay City has a new coach who is an alum of BC. He was a coach for BPort last few years. He will get those athletes back and they will be tough in the next few years. 

55 minutes ago, astros4141078 said:

Interesting, based on what? And if your right then it’s good to know if the starting QB goes down the QB from last year can step right in. 

39 minutes ago, Realville said:

Interesting, based on what? And if your right then it’s good to know if the starting QB goes down the QB from last year can step right in. 

Based on the fact that when the qb went down for a bit in scrimmage he stepped right up offense never missed a beat and the team won't be playing teams like png, Crosby, barber's hill, nederland 

26 minutes ago, astros4141078 said:

Based on the fact that when the qb went down for a bit in scrimmage he stepped right up offense never missed a beat and the team won't be playing teams like png, Crosby, barber's hill, nederland 

Well that’s good to know but just because we’re in 4a that doesn’t mean it’s going to be a cake walk. If they bring it like they did in 5a they should have some success. Ready for some Friday Night Football! Go Pirates!

18 minutes ago, Realville said:

Well that’s good to know but just because we’re in 4a that doesn’t mean it’s going to be a cake walk. If they bring it like they did in 5a they should have some success. Ready for some Friday Night Football! Go Pirates!

Oh I agree completely we have proved nothing yet and regardless of how the season goes the defensive units we face won't be near what we faced last year

4 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I don’t think this game will be a easy win for Vidor as some may think. 

I agree.  I think Vidor better have their big boy pants on.   Brazosport b-slapped a decent Sweeny team.  They got a game under their belt.  Home field will help Vidor, but if they give them gifts like Sweeny did, Vidor will start 0-1.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I agree.  I think Vidor better have their big boy pants on.   Brazosport b-slapped a decent Sweeny team.  They got a game under their belt.  Home field will help Vidor, but if they give them gifts like Sweeny did, Vidor will start 0-1.

Excuse me sir... take a step back young man. You are making too much sense.

9 hours ago, astros4141078 said:

Oh I agree completely we have proved nothing yet and regardless of how the season goes the defensive units we face won't be near what we faced last year

I just don’t take much from the scrimmage against 3a Hemphill. I was there. I do like our defense. The verdict still out on the effectiveness off the offense. I believe the offense will look better in the 2nd half of games being that a lot 4a teams have kids going both ways. Either way I know the kids have worked hard an are ready to play some football. Go Pirates!

48 minutes ago, Realville said:

I just don’t take much from the scrimmage against 3a Hemphill. I was there. I do like our defense. The verdict still out on the effectiveness off the offense. I believe the offense will look better in the 2nd half of games being that a lot 4a teams have kids going both ways. Either way I know the kids have worked hard an are ready to play some football. Go Pirates!

Yes sir with all going on ready to see some Friday night lights