Hurricane Season 2020

PhatMack19

2 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is political?

We have a weather forum every year.  In the past, this was one of the best places to get local info.  Now with FB and all the rest maybe not, but still some good info can be posted here.  

1 minute ago, PhatMack19 said:

We have a weather forum every year.  In the past, this was one of the best places to get local info.  Now with FB and all the rest maybe not, but still some good info can be posted here.  

Yes I have participated in the past. Just thought maybe there was a reason for turning weather into politics. Oh wait, I remember now, it's called climate change.

18 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I can’t remember if it was here or Locker Room.  Much higher traffic here though. 

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Do you guys remember the days when if it was merely a tropical storm headed our way, nobody blinked?  I do but probably because that was less than 5 years ago.  What the heck happened?

It's because there were too many in a short period of time. I won't worry to much until it's a real storm and it's headed right at us though. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Do you guys remember the days when if it was merely a tropical storm headed our way, nobody blinked?  I do but probably because that was less than 5 years ago.  What the heck happened?

If my memory is correct, what happened was 48 inches of rain in a pretty short period of time.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

If my memory is correct, what happened was 48 inches of rain in a pretty short period of time.

I think it was just north of 60 inches in some areas in mid county.   More than 50 in other parts of our area. 

Prior to that, and the subsequent Imelda though, I thought of Tropical Storms as just that....storms.  

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I think it was just north of 60 inches in some areas in mid county.   More than 50 in other parts of our area. 

Prior to that, and the subsequent Imelda though, I thought of Tropical Storms as just that....storms.  

64.5” in Nederland. A world record for rainfall amount in shortest period of time........more than the Indian monsoons.

My wife gets upset with any type of “development” now.