BISD board member is a NAACP member???

5GallonBucket

35 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

since you agree that the NAACP is a racist group

where do you draw the line for acceptable racism opposed to unacceptable racism?

You’re twisting my words. I do not believe that the NAACP should be classified as a racist group. 
That’s the fallacy of the whole “you’re a racist” declaration. Just because my beliefs don’t line up with the progressive left wing of the Democratic Party doesn’t make me a racist. 
I believe that God created us all equal in his eyes. What we do after that is up to us. If you’re 20 years old, a high school dropout, a criminal record, a couple of illegitimate kids, can’t speak the King’s English, and have neck tattoos.... your lack of personal success is not the fault of racism, oppression or privilege. That’s just bad life choices on your part. I’m never going to feel guilty over somebody else’s bad decisions. I don’t hate anybody, much less a group of people for the color of their skin. But I’m not going to pretend that the Emperor has on clothes for you, either. 
I’m not going to apologize for something that may or may not have happened to somebody’s ancestors by somebody who may or may not have been one of my ancestors. 
Slavery has existed since the dawn of mankind. It’s still going on in Africa today. There’s not another country in the world that doesn’t have a history that includes slavery. But it’s our “original sin.” 
Slavery was a bad thing. We got it wrong to start, and we fought hard and got that institution outlawed, as it should be. But to hear the Mayor of Minneapolis blaming the looting on 400 years of horror is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. 

On 5/29/2020 at 12:00 PM, SmashMouth said:

I still have no issue with it. He’s not a member of the militant black panthers or the infamous KKK. 

This has nothing to do with the board member personally. I do not know him and cannot speak of him. This has to do with the interest group NAACP and what it says with its name.

so in reading this keep that in mind.

these are my issues and this goes for any group that singles itself out based on race No Matter the Race.

such groups seek for the minority of people (See further down in post) which can lead to pluralism....no common good, as there are many conflicting interest in society.

also can lead to hyperpluralism

as far as school board member being part of such group....it could be a conflict of interest. That school board member approves the hiring of employees at all levels, make policies, rules, guidelines for the district staff and students.

last I checked Beaumont isd has many employees and students of all races.

given the name NAACP.....does that not leave a certain group out.???? 

Do we as humans not want all advancement of ALL people no matter color?

this is not slavery years or after to the 50s and 60s. This is 2020. I can understand the NAACP being around then because of the great travesty and oppression of blacks during those times. Today there are many many many successful blacks....actors actresses coaches athletes, drs, lawyers, teachers, comedians...we ve had a mixed President with a black First Lady....  

think about this....if there was a white person on the school board that was a member of NAAWP.....how would that go over? I can tell you now I would be against it and posting this same exact post.

just like the media uses the colors “black” and “white” In headlines to grab attention and bring divisiveness and play on people s emotion so can such groups 

last thought

”....NAA colored people” - Are white people not a color?

again this is my opinion and at face value of the groups name it can be divisive and givin that most humans want unity such names don’t help.

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

This has nothing to do with the board member personally. I do not know him and cannot speak of him. This has to do with the interest group NAACP and what it says with its name.

so in reading this keep that in mind.

these are my issues and this goes for any group that singles itself out based on race No Matter the Race.

such groups seek for the minority of people (See further down in post) which can lead to pluralism....no common good, as there are many conflicting interest in society.

also can lead to hyperpluralism

as far as school board member being part of such group....it could be a conflict of interest. That school board member approves the hiring of employees at all levels, make policies, rules, guidelines for the district staff and students.

last I checked Beaumont isd has many employees and students of all races.

given the name NAACP.....does that not leave a certain group out.???? 

Do we as humans not want all advancement of ALL people no matter color?

this is not slavery years or after to the 50s and 60s. This is 2020. I can understand the NAACP being around then because of the great travesty and oppression of blacks during those times. Today there are many many many successful blacks....actors actresses coaches athletes, drs, lawyers, teachers, comedians...we ve had a mixed President with a black First Lady....  

think about this....if there was a white person on the school board that was a member of NAAWP.....how would that go over? I can tell you now I would be against it and posting this same exact post.

just like the media uses the colors “black” and “white” In headlines to grab attention and bring divisiveness and play on people s emotion so can such groups 

last thought

”....NAA colored people” - Are white people not a color?

again this is my opinion and at face value of the groups name it can be divisive and givin that most humans want unity such names don’t help.

If you don’t mind, you’re being too general. The only real reason you listed that might be an issue in regards to the school board member’s membership to the NAACP is that

“as far as school board member being part of such group....it could be a conflict of interest. That school board member approves the hiring of employees at all levels, make policies, rules, guidelines for the district staff and students.”

Can you be specific to the conflict? Do you have an actual example where this has been a problem in the BISD?

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

If you don’t mind, you’re being too general. The only real reason you listed that might be an issue in regards to the school board member’s membership to the NAACP is that

“as far as school board member being part of such group....it could be a conflict of interest. That school board member approves the hiring of employees at all levels, make policies, rules, guidelines for the district staff and students.”

Can you be specific to the conflict? Do you have an actual example where this has been a problem in the BISD?

what hadn't been a problem at BISD.

perception is reality.

41 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Again I said interest groups involving race I said nothing about NRA and no I’m not a member but I do own many guns.

I can see your point and I think it’s a good one.  Anyone that is a member of a group that leans towards promoting the welfare of one race (any race) over another has no business on a school board.  

7 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I can see your point and I think it’s a good one.  Anyone that is a member of a group that leans towards promoting the welfare of one race (any race) over another has no business on a school board.  

Why? Should we not have ex-high school athletes on the board because they will vote on funding of sports over education? She we make sure to not have Jews either because they won’t promote a mainly Christian agenda? Why is race so special?

5 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Why? Should we not have ex-high school athletes on the board because they will vote on funding of sports over education? She we make sure to not have Jews either because they won’t promote a mainly Christian agenda? Why is race so special?

I don’t want any agenda promoted by a school board other than education.  No favoritism should be shown when hiring, firing, or anything else.

Read up on the modern day NAACP, maybe you’ll see what we’re talking about.

8 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I don’t want any agenda promoted by a school board other than education.  No favoritism should be shown when hiring, firing, or anything else.

Read up on the modern day NAACP, maybe you’ll see what we’re talking about.

I did. Your point?

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

It’s self explanatory and I also eluded to it.

also you never answered or anyone else for that fact....

replace black man with white man and the “C” with a “W”.....you wouldn’t have a problem with that?

32 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Race is not but the interactions of races with other races is ....given the conversations we re having 

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Everyone wants to stop gun violence in schools NRA or not

Yeah but you equate s civil rights organizations with not having the best interest of all students but dismiss an NRA member as not a factor. Every time there is a school shooting, the NRA catches grief of putting too much pressure on lawmakers to maje guns to easy to access.

No matter how you look at it, many people blame the NRA rightly or wrongly for shootings. You are doing the same for the NAACP.

12 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Why was the NAACP founded?

16 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

It’s self explanatory and I also eluded to it.

also you never answered or anyone else for that fact....

It’s only self explanatory if the people think just like you. Can you be specific for those that really don’t understand what you are saying or what conflict it causes? I feel like you are being elusive because you’re either too scared to say it in a public forum or you don’t really have a reason other than you don’t like the NAACP. If that’s the reason, then just say it.