Minneapolis

NetCat

11 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

That’s cuz Roger is a punk a $$ Be-otch who knows how to throw crumbs to his mostly black employees while using them to make his billions even at the expense of America. And they think they got to him. Lol. He will allow them to sit, kneel, do the splits, do whatever they want as long as they keep running the ball on that big green cotton field. The wrong side of history, you say? You’re already on it. Pelosi and the gang already took care of that. They give you free food and a little bit of healthcare and tell you, “Relax...you don’t have to work. You don’t have to try hard. You don’t have to take responsibility. Just vote for us and we will give you just enough to survive. That’s right. Go on now. Go cast that vote and fill up that cotton sack...You be a real good boy and we might even let y’all sit in the middle of the bus.” PAMFAM, I’m sure you’re one helluva good guy, but friend, you’re being led down the wrong path. 

Know I’m not whatever you believe about me in well educated. I do believe there are big problems in the black communities that black will have to fix first. But injustice is still injustice. And as a minority I will speak out on all of them. I’m neither democratic or republican... I’m just a American citizen hoping to live the America dream free from hate or depression. I’ve risen from situations that was forced on me and turned out OK. In don’t rely on CNN al sharpton or anything thing else to form opinion. I go from my life experiences and believe it or not at 28 years old. I’ve dealt with countless bullshit because of my skin. Having to constantly prove that I’m more than just my skin. I’m not a robot easily influenced by the masses. I talk from life experiences.

11 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

you mean it is a "pretend" protest because they are not stealing and burning like your liberal friends?

You can believe what you want I choose facts I know many whites friends who or genuinely more upset than me. Police chiefs or kneeling National guard dancing with the crowds in the street. But yeah we all just brought off libs from soros. ...... where’s my check.

14 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Unfortunately CardinalBacker already stole some of my thunder, so I’ll go deeper. 
Stick with me on this one. These numbers are what I found on the internet, then I extrapolated them myself to come up with some apple to apple comparisons:

Population:

Whites - 234,379,202

Blacks -    40,610,815

Total whites and blacks - 274,981,017 (W=85.23% & B=14.77%)

W on W Homicide 2018 - 6,088

B on B Homicide 2018   - 7,400

Total white and black homicides - (W=45.13% & B=54.87%)

So, even though whites account for over 85% of the white and black population, they only comprise 45% of the total same race homicides. Blacks account for an underwhelming percentage of less than 15% of the white and black population, but take credit for well over 1/2 the same race homicides at 55%. To put things in perespective, if whites killed whites at the same rate that blacks killed blacks, there would be about 42,706 instead of 6,088 - more than 700% increase! However, if blacks reduced their percentages to the level of whites, there would be only an approximate 1,055 black on black homicides.

So, explain to me again what the real problem is Mr. Bogey Man?

Economics. Well to do blacks in the suburbs do not kill each other like the inner city in Chicago. Blacks also Are more less economically stable. Blacks are jam pack in neighborhoods and complexes where up too 500+ can share a single block. I have a foot on both sides. The white that’s are stuck in the HOOD is just as violent. Financial stability. Is the key to curb almost all evils in any neighborhood.

5 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Economics. Well to do blacks in the suburbs do not kill each other like the inner city in Chicago. Blacks also Are more less economically stable. Blacks are jam pack in neighborhoods and complexes where up too 500+ can share a single block. I have a foot on both sides. The white that’s are stuck in the HOOD is just as violent. Financial stability. Is the key to curb almost all evils in any neighborhood.

Get a job, buy or rent a house and get out of the section 8 housing. Those who don’t are living the life the Dems want you to live. Packed like sardines causes cabin fever. That can put a strain on loving families.   

6 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

This is the hidden content, please

From the article 

When he was arrested, Rogers confessed to officers he is the president of the Ku Klux Klan in the state and claimed to be the highest-ranking member of the Klan that is not in prison.

I saw that.... I haven’t taken time to look, but I’ll bet his group is made up of himself and one sidekick. 

I spoke with one person (now deceased) twenty years ago that claimed membership in his past. He wasn’t active at the time. 

He was actually from West Texas (transplanted here) and his problem was with Hispanics, not so much blacks. Former DPS Officer, too. He’d be way up in his eighties if he were still alive. 

8 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

You can believe what you want I choose facts I know many whites friends who or genuinely more upset than me. Police chiefs or kneeling National guard dancing with the crowds in the street. But yeah we all just brought off libs from soros. ...... where’s my check.

Police chiefs are kneeling because they want to appear to be on the side of social injustice reform. Where were they before their towns were being set on fire? Politicians are kneeling because they want your vote. If they are so sympathetic, why weren’t they passing legislation to help solve the problems of social injustice? Drew Brees decides one day after posting about never kneeling for the national Anthem that he was wrong. Does he really think he’s wrong or is he just reacting to the backlash? I have no doubt that you are intelligent and have done quite a bit to better your position both financially and socially. So why don’t you preach on here about that? Why don’t you give others a look at what they can do to help their situation? The problem you said was economics. I don’t disagree. Just as big a problem is the lack of a strong family unit. This may not apply to you, but it is true that the people keeping the lower income people down are the ones who act like they are trying to help the most. Slavery by entitlement. 

10 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

free stuff comes with a price and that goes for all races.

10 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Your exactly right.

Finances yes can help but it shouldn’t take money for people to act right towards each other. Even people with money do terrible things to each other.

GOD and family.  

5 minutes ago, baddog said:

Sharpton on TV preaching about slavery at Floyd’s funeral. Go figure. Floyd’s family refused to let Biden attend the funeral because they didn’t want it to be political. Well shut my mouth! What a joke!

I bet a. sharpton and  j. jackson are members of the NAALCP!  If so, they are known racist.  Again, if they are, and the NAALCP are proud to have them, then doesn't this make the NAALCP a racist organization?  Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I bet a. sharpton and  j. jackson are members of the NAALCP!  If so, they are known racist.  Again, if they are, and the NAALCP are proud to have them, then doesn't this make the NAALCP a racist organization?  Thoughts?

No. It doesn’t. If a known Freedom of Choice supporter is a member of the Republican Party, does that make the Republican Party an abortion organization?

4 hours ago, Reagan said:

I don’t think it’s a racist organization, but Al Sharpton (Tawana Brawley) and Jessie Jackson (anti-Semitic slurs) are racists in my book. 

20 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I don’t think it’s a racist organization, but Al Sharpton (Tawana Brawley) and Jessie Jackson (anti-Semitic slurs) are racists in my book. 

Yep, I remember the Duke Boys. If I ever saw Sharpton I would scream at the top of my lungs,” How is Tawana doing? Did she ever graduate college on your dime? Why wasn’t she brought up on charges for lying to police?”

12 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Your exactly right.

Finances yes can help but it shouldn’t take money for people to act right towards each other. Even people with money do terrible things to each other.

GOD and family.  

you can take them out of the hood/trailer park but you cant take the hood/trailer park out of them

5 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

you can take them out of the hood/trailer park but you cant take the hood/trailer park out of them

I don’t know about all of that. 

I think it’s a dangerous mindset that present in the economically disadvantaged communities. This country was built by people who wanted to make something of themselves. “Just give a chance. I’ll do whatever it takes to provide a better life for me and mine. I’ll dig ditches, raise crops, build railroads... whatever it takes to get ahead.” It made us the greatest nation in history. 

The movement today is all about “you owe me.  I deserve what you have. This isn’t fair. I’m gonna burn this place down if you don’t give me what I want.”

“Fair” is where you go to kiss a pig and eat a corndog. We are all here because we like sports. To use them as an analogy, imagine going to play a team that wants to argue about then outcome of games from the last 200 years, demands to be given the next however many wins until both teams have .500 records, and then trashes their own dressing room to prove their point. How good of a team would they be?

43 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think it’s a dangerous mindset that present in the economically disadvantaged communities. This country was built by people who wanted to make something of themselves. “Just give a chance. I’ll do whatever it takes to provide a better life for me and mine. I’ll dig ditches, raise crops, build railroads... whatever it takes to get ahead.” It made us the greatest nation in history. 

The movement today is all about “you owe me.  I deserve what you have. This isn’t fair. I’m gonna burn this place down if you don’t give me what I want.”

“Fair” is where you go to kiss a pig and eat a corndog. We are all here because we like sports. To use them as an analogy, imagine going to play a team that wants to argue about then outcome of games from the last 200 years, demands to be given the next however many wins until both teams have .500 records, and then trashes their own dressing room to prove their point. How good of a team would they be?

Excellent analogy. I see an even bigger problem here. Is it really going to stop when both teams are .500?

18 hours ago, baddog said:

Sharpton on TV preaching about slavery at Floyd’s funeral. Go figure. Floyd’s family refused to let Biden attend the funeral because they didn’t want it to be political. Well shut my mouth! 

We weren't allowed to have a funeral for my great aunt last month because it "was too dangerous" but it's OK to have them now? Politics are all that matter apparently 🤬

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

it is an old saying.......

This is one of a large number of sayings of the form “You can take X out of Y, but you can’t take Y out of X”, where X is a type of person, or a named person, and Y is a place or a culture in which X lived. The implication is that this person/type-of-person will have acquired certain habits of thought when they lived in this place/culture; when they move elsewhere (or are moved elsewhere), there won’t be any easy way to make them give up these mental habits.

Example: at the end of the Vietnam war, there was a saying “You can take the soldiers out of Vietnam, but you can’t take Vietnam out of the soldiers.” It meant that, in Vietnam, many soldiers had acquired anti-social habits and attitudes: solving their problems by violent aggression, and taking hard drugs, for instance. Once they were brought back to America, many of them still had these undesirable traits.

Another example: it’s been said that “You can take the President out of real estate, but you can’t take real estate out of the President”. It means that Donald Trump acquired his problem-solving skills while working in the real estate market in various American cities; now that he’s President, he’s inclined to use the same techniques to solve problems in international diplomacy, and they don’t work.

The saying you gave us was “You can take the girl out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl”. If we assume that “the girl” means a young woman, and “the country” means a rural district where she spent her formative years, I would imagine that the saying means that if you move such a young woman to an urban setting, the rural attitudes that she has won’t work very well in a sophisticated place such as a city.

6 hours ago, baddog said:

Excellent analogy. I see an even bigger problem here. Is it really going to stop when both teams are .500?

No. There is no such thing. There’s no metric to measure it by. There already IS equality where it counts though.

Galatians 3:28 Context

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

No. There is no such thing. There’s no metric to measure it by. There already IS equality where it counts though.

Galatians 3:28 Context

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 
For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Totally agree. Just making my point that equality is a pipe dream, kinda like world peace. 

I was almost shot by HPD.  It probably would have been fatal.  And truthfully it was all my fault.  Let me tell the story, but first I got to set the scene.

I was working at a dps office in Houston.  We were shut down for renovations, for the 2nd time.  I could go into details about the renovations but it would take too long.   I didn't have a car then so I decided to go to the office that was the closest or easiest to get to by bus.  Then I bought a small 6 cylinder ford ranger pickup from a dealership in that area.

We had too many workers for that small office so they split us into three shifts. The good shift was from 730 to 430.  The 2nd best was from 8 to 5.  The worst shift was from 10a to 7pm,  We all hated that shift. The public didn't know we were open.  It was totally dead.

Anyway it was on a Friday.  As soon as it turned 7.  I jumped into my truck, glad to be off glad for the weekend. I had a good stereo head  unit & Jimi Hendrix was ripping thru machine gun.   I turn at a corner without stopping much.  It annoyed me that I would fail some person for not stopping at a stop sign.  My decision would get over ruled to keep the public happy.  So I figured I would drive like that too.  If you can't beat em join em.  Wrong.

I started going North, then I turned at a stop sign going East. Wide open street, nobody around, or so I thought.  Music is loud, Jimi is doing his thing.  Then I noticed red & blue lights in my rear view mirror.  OH Oh.  

Two of three times a day I would help fire men, and police officers with their license renewals, etc.  I enjoyed doing that.  I thought we were all on the same page.  Truth is they don't pay attention to who you are, no more than you do them.  Nothing racial.  They just wanted to get their license done and get out of the crowded office.  Same with civilians.

Anyway, the LEO had me pulled over and he said over the loud speaker for me to get my license out, etc.  I had this brain freeze of an  idea that I would get out of my truck go back & talk to the officer, let him see who I am, that guy at the dps office, and this would all go away.  Instead he yelled at me in a panicky loud voice:  get back in your truck!!  I didn't even look at him.  I knew he had a pistol pointing at me.  I was real close to getting plugged with a. 9mm or a 40.  

So I got back into my truck, and was glad to be in there too.  I could hear him on the radio getting information, checking me out.  Finally he came up to window and asked "why did you get out out your vehicle.  Only thing I could say was I did it because I was stupid.  Those were my exact words.  He asked me where I was coming from.  I told him I worked at the dps office down the street.  As soon as I said that I could feel the tension easing up a bit.  Then he said if you work for dps then you know you have to stop at a stop sign right?  He had me on that one.  

So he wrote me a ticket.  He could of lit me up good, but he wrote it in such a way that I could take defensive driving and get it all forgotten eventually.  And that is what I did.   For the record, in case someone is keeping score, he was not a white cop.  He was Asian, probably Vietnamese.

This happened 8 to 10 years ago, way before more recent incidents had made it to the news.  Before Ferguson,before that guy was shot in the back in Charleston SC, before all the recent ones.  

I think about it all the time.  I live in my own little world.  I go to work, or I did, then back home.  I drive to church, then we go out to eat, to a high school basketball game occasionally,  and that's it.  My wife likes to stay home as much or more than I do. I watch shows like the 1st 48, drugs inc,  but that is about as close as I get to it.  Meanwhile it is a real war going on.  All kinds of stuff comes through H town on the highways.  The good guys have guns, and the bad guys do too.  Crazy.