THE WORST YOU ACTUALLY SEEN YOUR TEAM GET BEAT

Scooter, do you remember the basketball score between Lincoln and WOS that year after that loss? It was a BRUTAL beating in payback given by Lincoln...

I'll assume, though, that if you combined the scores of the two games, we won ;)

Anyone who saw WOS' district games last year saw a lot of worst defeats including:

Jasper's worst loss since 1973

Hardin-Jefferson and Hamshire-Fannett's worst losses since at least the 1980's, posslbly earlier

Bridge City's worst loss since 2001

Kirbyville and Orangefield's worst loss of the season

I was at HJ in 2001, and we started out 8-0.  we had a bunch of injuries and ended up losing our last 3.  the first two games we lost by a total of 4 points, but then BC spanked us in our first playoff game 35-7.  i know by the standards that HJ is setting these days(WO-S this past year), that's not a real bad loss, but it was the worst loss i experienced while i played there.  on the flipside, we did beat anahuac 69-0 that year.

The worst for PNG in recent history would have to be the 1st round of the play-offs in like 03', against eventual State Champs Kilgore.  Somethng like 48-0, but it coulda been worse.  The 1st 5 plays netted 4 TD's.  There was just no stopping them...as the rest of the state later found out. 

To make matters worse, the game didn't start till like 10:30 because of thunderstorms, so the fans were soaked for HOURS before the game ever started.

WO-S has been beaten by 30 pts or more only three times in it's 30 year history:

Jasper - 41

WO-S - 0

Nederland - 35

WO-S - 0

LC-M - 37

WO-S - 6

I remeber in FB season 1991 I was playing for the Brook and we played at WOS. We won 34-7 after WOS was ranked #1 in 4A that year pre-season. It was great to finally beat and I mean beat WOS. Great winning tradition at WOS. Those fans were rough though having to go under the home side to get to our locker room. I remember before the game WOS had all these newspaper clippings in the visitor locker room talking about state in the 80's, and how great thier team was, I guess someone forgot to take those down before we got there ;D

Guest EagleFan01

I watched Newton get waxed in the playoffs in 96 or 97 not sure but it was 82 to 6 against Sealy it was a bad night for us... :(

Guest ECBucFan

Didn't they try a 2-point conversion on the final score that failed?

I think you are right. I couldn't remember exactly, but I was thinking that. He also kept passing and calling timeouts. Obviously trying to hit triple digits. He was fired soon thereafter for another incident (if memory serves...) Sad episode in our local history. 

Guest ECBucFan

Sometimes I think maybe a "run-rule" should be imposed. 

Most coaches will not run up the score. We are represented in SETX (for the most part) by good coaches that have alot of class. Again, that was back in 81', and hasn't really happened again.

Six man football has the 45 point rule, I think it is 45 anyway.  If you are up by 45 at the half then the ball game is over.  Some times it seems like we need that around here in regular 11 man football.  But you know in the old days, you took your beating and went home and learn to deal with it.  Now a days we don't want to demoralize the kids.  HMMMM  I can see it both ways I guess. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder