Port Arthur Memorial 27 Galena Park 8/FINAL

WOSgrad

My take from the game last night is...Defense actually looked a little better other than the blown coverage which was simply the DB peeking in the backfield. Neal moving to safety looked like a good move, linebackers are still...EH!!!! Offensively, the O-Line can't sustain blocks, and they just come out there with no life. If they lose to GCM next week, it will be hard in my opinion to make the playoffs. I think they will win though. BTW, when they started playing the umbrella song as I was walking out, I was thinking to myself, is this a time to play it lmao!

11 hours ago, BoGip7387 said:

I personally don't care if we win 3 to 2 every game as long as we get the win. The defense showed a little bite tonight, they at least tried to hit something tonight instead of trying to hug their grandma. Inexperience at the QB position is holding them back right now, I hope the light comes on, but Ned dropped a TD, a bad  fumble call on the 8 yardline, my son gets stripped at the 50, and a blown coverage for a td. This could have easily been a 49-0 game. 

Even if they lose to NC, 7-3 ain't bad considering what they lost from last year, current injuries, and a sophomore which may be trying to do too much

6 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Even if they lose to NC, 7-3 ain't bad considering what they lost from last year, current injuries, and a sophomore which may be trying to do too much

They are right there, I see the week to week improvements, they had over 400 yards of offense Thursday. GP, couldn't do anything with them, self inflicted wounds stopped them and kept them in the game. All they have to do is continue to clean up their game by the end of district and they will be fine. Even if they don't, I'm still 100% in with these kids.

As a fan, I’m taking into account it’s hard to grade if there is any improvement when you play a very bad team. Like in the Madison game. A bad team can make u look good. Yes a win is a win. If the goal is to get to playoffs, I think a third place finish is realistic, but 4th would not surprise me. They are about 2-3 years from being good again

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

As a fan, I’m taking into account it’s hard to grade if there is any improvement when you play a very bad team. Like in the Madison game. A bad team can make u look good. Yes a win is a win. If the goal is to get to playoffs, I think a third place finish is realistic, but 4th would not surprise me. They are about 2-3 years from being good again

What are you looking for, when at team plays a poor team to see if there's any improvement? When they played Madison, the defense was arm tackling and there was a ton of missed tackles. Thursday, there were few blown assignments, and they played behind their pads and actually was hitting people.....improvement. O line played with somewhat of a mean streak, and actually fired off the ball and held blocks better......improvement.  The QB consistantly found the open WR, he under threw some, or the receiver dropped some but he's shown that he's starting to process what he's seeing....improvement. You actually notice that we had linebackers this game "GIANT IMPROVEMENT!!" I can see the potential in this team, and I can see it coming together. Will they get there? I dunno, but if they do....it's gonna be interesting, because they are getting better every week. 

3 minutes ago, BoGip7387 said:

What are you looking for, when at team plays a poor team to see if there's any improvement? When they played Madison, the defense was arm tackling and there was a ton of missed tackles. Thursday, there were few blown assignments, and they played behind their pads and actually was hitting people.....improvement. O line played with somewhat of a mean streak, and actually fired off the ball and held blocks better......improvement.  The QB consistantly found the open WR, he under threw some, or the receiver dropped some but he's shown that he's starting to process what he's seeing....improvement. You actually notice that we had linebackers this game "GIANT IMPROVEMENT!!" I can see the potential in this team, and I can see it coming together. Will they get there? I dunno, but if they do....it's gonna be interesting, because they are getting better every week. 

Speaking of OL I kept hearing Caines name all night long along with Rodriguez. Caines had some pancakes from what I was hearing. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Speaking of OL I kept hearing Caines name all night long along with Rodriguez. Caines had some pancakes from what I was hearing. 

Yeah Caines got at least 3 cakes that I saw, if #52 is Rodriguez, he stood out too. He was playing with a chip on his shoulder. DE #41 Thomas the sophomore had good game too, he did a great job holding his outside leverage. There was a lot of good things happening out there, QB dropped 2 snaps on like 2nd a 3, making it 3rd 15 putting them behind the chains. Small things was killing drives. The only thing I hate, I won't say no names but there's a kid or 2, who's more concerned about getting touches and numbers than they are about winning, that can become problematic. 

6 hours ago, BoGip7387 said:

Yeah Caines got at least 3 cakes that I saw, if #52 is Rodriguez, he stood out too. He was playing with a chip on his shoulder. DE #41 Thomas the sophomore had good game too, he did a great job holding his outside leverage. There was a lot of good things happening out there, QB dropped 2 snaps on like 2nd a 3, making it 3rd 15 putting them behind the chains. Small things was killing drives. The only thing I hate, I won't say no names but there's a kid or 2, who's more concerned about getting touches and numbers than they are about winning, that can become problematic. 

Lmao I think I know who you are talking about!!!