Desmond Demas denied transfer to Tomball

BADSANTA

23 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Coaches weren't the crybabies changing schools.

This kid will never suit up at A&M.  If he actually does, it will be one of at least 3 colleges he attends.

How do you know that about the kid. And if so that's the kid's right. Why would a coach want to keep a kid that didn't want to be there? Smdh...

Just read a letter on an Aggie website from the mom of the quarterback at Tomball blasting the UIL. The young man in question lives in that house and seems to have been living there a while. Everyone is blasting the forest brook coach who to me is the courageous one. Like I said earlier, HISD is fed up with their good players leaving for the burbs. Tomball s district schools voted 6-1 to NOT let him play, what do they know, probably the same that the Forest Brook coach knows. There are so many questions in this case, it is an easy decision for UIL to UPHOLD what Tomball s district already decided. Sorry, but RULES are RULES and in today’s society everyone is looking for a loophole. I love all Texas pro, college and high school teams, but rules must be followed.

20 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

How do you know that about the kid. And if so that's the kid's right. Why would a coach want to keep a kid that didn't want to be there? Smdh...

Oh, keeping him wasn't an option.  Keeping him from playing for another team is.... and that's exactly what just happened.  

The fact is this.   If a parent chooses to transfer their kid for athletic purposes, that parent has forfeited that kid's right to play.  

That's how it is, and that's how it should be.  

How is Zeke helping the Cowboys by refusing to play out his contract?  How is AB helping his team by refusing to play because he can't wear his lucky helmet?  

Why would you even sign your kid up for a team sport if all that you're concerned with is your kid?  Go buy him some golf clubs, sign him up for fencing lessons,  or hire a boxing trainer.  Those are great sports for kids whose parents can't understand the concept of "team."  And parents like that raise kids who are crappy teammates. 

On a side note, I haven’t seen anything about the dad. His dad was a tough running back at CE King in the 90s who wore a huge neck brace. I was DC at Crosby then and my former cougar players still rub their heads when they reminisce tackling or trying to tackle him. Definitely great genetics.

1 hour ago, coach bear said:

Just read a letter on an Aggie website from the mom of the quarterback at Tomball blasting the UIL. The young man in question lives in that house and seems to have been living there a while. Everyone is blasting the forest brook coach who to me is the courageous one. Like I said earlier, HISD is fed up with their good players leaving for the burbs. Tomball s district schools voted 6-1 to NOT let him play, what do they know, probably the same that the Forest Brook coach knows. There are so many questions in this case, it is an easy decision for UIL to UPHOLD what Tomball s district already decided. Sorry, but RULES are RULES and in today’s society everyone is looking for a loophole. I love all Texas pro, college and high school teams, but rules must be followed.

What's courageous about trying to keep a kid from playing? If you don't want to be on my team then peace, I wish you well on wherever you're going. And of course the district teams are going to vote it down. Like they really want to deal with a 5 star WR. 

Guest ECBucFan

Follow the rules and none of this happens.

Yeah, I know rules "only apply to others, because I AM SPECIAL", but I applaud those who have the audacity to play by the rules year in and year out. Just Crazy, right??. 

4 hours ago, Yeoj said:

What's courageous about trying to keep a kid from playing? If you don't want to be on my team then peace, I wish you well on wherever you're going. And of course the district teams are going to vote it down. Like they really want to deal with a 5 star WR. 

You are right, what the north forest coach did by checking off on the previous participation form ,that he believes the said athlete moved for athletic reasons, should be the norm from the leadership of a head coach and not COURAGEOUS . Doing the right thing, not the easy thing, shouldn’t be courageous, just part of a responsible adult. To follow the rules. If a coach is unethical, the new district members will find this out and allow him to play. Coaches do want what is best for athletes, but best doesn’t mean bending to their momentary wants. Many of us weren’t given the candy when we cried for it at the store. Others were, and they continue to cry as adults.                                                                                          If the athlete feels the district committee is wrong, they can appeal to the state UIL .Present their case and let the state decide. Remember 3 of the 8 cases were allowed to play, so due diligence does work on deserving cases. It’s obvious by the numerous discrepancies in the article, his case wasn’t deserving .In today’s society it sometimes takes courage to do the right thing.

6 hours ago, coach bear said:

This is something that also brings Demas' narrative into question.  Recall that, according to Adam Coleman's article, Demas testified at the hearing that he spent "only a few nights" with the Dunn family. 

5 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

This is something that also brings Demas' narrative into question.  Recall that, according to Adam Coleman's article, Demas testified at the hearing that he spent "only a few nights" with the Dunn family. 

I think the whole situation probably had a lot to do with the kid’s connection with “The Footwork King.” 

1 hour ago, coach bear said:

You are right, what the north forest coach did by checking off on the previous participation form ,that he believes the said athlete moved for athletic reasons, should be the norm from the leadership of a head coach and not COURAGEOUS . Doing the right thing, not the easy thing, shouldn’t be courageous, just part of a responsible adult. To follow the rules. If a coach is unethical, the new district members will find this out and allow him to play. Coaches do want what is best for athletes, but best doesn’t mean bending to their momentary wants. Many of us weren’t given the candy when we cried for it at the store. Others were, and they continue to cry as adults.                                                                                          If the athlete feels the district committee is wrong, they can appeal to the state UIL .Present their case and let the state decide. Remember 3 of the 8 cases were allowed to play, so due diligence does work on deserving cases. It’s obvious by the numerous discrepancies in the article, his case wasn’t deserving .In today’s society it sometimes takes courage to do the right thing.

You're right coach, the right thing shouldn't be difficult to do and following the rules is the right thing to do.  However, the reaction in this very thread shows why it is the difficult thing to do.  Coach Terrell, who honestly filled out the former school version of Demas' PAPF by checking yes on not just one, but potentially 3 of the 6 questions that coaches who fill out the form are required to answer. 

For that, he is called a "crybaby" and accused of keeping an athlete from playing because that athlete didn't want to play for him.   He gets dragged to Austin as he is preparing his team for the 2019 season.  It is easy to see why many coaches simply look the other way, as it is, to many,  not worth the trouble.

Remember this, of the 13 people that heard Demond Demas' case (7 at the DEC level, 6 at the SEC level), including 6 that would never be across the field from him had he be cleared to play at Tomball, 12 of them agreed with Terrell.  coach bear is right, it is not about vindictiveness, it is about doing the right thing.

14 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

You're right coach, the right thing shouldn't be difficult to do and following the rules is the right thing to do.  However, the reaction in this very thread shows why it is the difficult thing to do.  Coach Terrell, who honestly filled out the former school version of Demas' PAPF by checking yes on not just one, but potentially 3 of the 6 questions that coaches who fill out the form are required to answer. 

For that, he is called a "crybaby" and accused of keeping an athlete from playing because that athlete didn't want to play for him.   He gets dragged to Austin as he is preparing his team for the 2019 season.  It is easy to see why many coaches simply look the other way, as it is, to many,  not worth the trouble.

Remember this, of the 13 people that heard Demond Demas' case (7 at the DEC level, 6 at the SEC level), including 6 that would never be across the field from him had he be cleared to play at Tomball, 12 of them agreed with Terrell.  coach bear is right, it is not about vindictiveness, it is about doing the right thing.

It's the world we live in....

31 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Occam's Razor.  

10 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think the whole situation probably had a lot to do with the kid’s connection with “The Footwork King.” 

I have to agree along with mom having a good QB for a son  and seeing a chance to get a stud WR on the same team .

I have seen him at  numerous camps around Houston and  he would take the time with younger kids who are WR to show 

them proper way to run routes along with helping them with foot work. 

I don't see how this is still a conversation.  I read an article that said the kid's parent/caregiver didn't move into the school district he's trying to transfer to.  That is literally close to zero chance of being approved.. and literally the reason why the UIL rule states that a kid has to sit a year if their guardian doesn't actually change/move their permanent residence to one that's in the new school's district.  It's a little ridiculous that anyone thought this would fly.  "We still live in the same place but I want to change school's because of academic reasons and to improve my quality of life.."  Umm.. yeah that doesn't work. Whether it's true or not, it won't work.  Only way it could've maybe had a remote chance would've been if the mom/dad/whoever legally gave up guardianship rights of the kid.  Even then probably not happening.  

34 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I don't see how this is still a conversation.  I read an article that said the kid's parent/caregiver didn't move into the school district he's trying to transfer to.  That is literally close to zero chance of being approved.. and literally the reason why the UIL rule states that a kid has to sit a year if their guardian doesn't actually change/move their permanent residence to one that's in the new school's district.  It's a little ridiculous that anyone thought this would fly.  "We still live in the same place but I want to change school's because of academic reasons and to improve my quality of life.."  Umm.. yeah that doesn't work. Whether it's true or not, it won't work.  Only way it could've maybe had a remote chance would've been if the mom/dad/whoever legally gave up guardianship rights of the kid.  Even then probably not happening.  

Or just move.  What's a year-long lease in the grand scheme of things?  Rent your own house out and set up shop in a rental in Tomball.  At least then you have some plausible deniability for your athletically-purposed transfer.

apartmentfinder.com

Guys like "The Footwork King" have a revenue stream that comes largely from getting talented athletes to attend anxiously waiting D1 schools.  NOT getting kids scholarships.  Those guys work around the NCAA rules regarding payments to athletes and their families, as well as who knows what all else.  It's no shocker to recognize that the three schools complaining (LSU, Mississippi, and Oklahoma State) are the ones complaining.  Most of "The Footwork King's" "clients" end up at UT, A&M, and Oklahoma. 

The UIL is just trying to keep that kind of thing out of Texas High School Sports. And failing pretty miserably in Basketball, I might add.  

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Or just move.  What's a year-long lease in the grand scheme of things?  Rent your own house out and set up shop in a rental in Tomball.  At least then you have some plausible deniability for your athletically-purposed transfer.

apartmentfinder.com

Guys like "The Footwork King" have a revenue stream that comes largely from getting talented athletes to attend anxiously waiting D1 schools.  NOT getting kids scholarships.  Those guys work around the NCAA rules regarding payments to athletes and their families, as well as who knows what all else.  It's no shocker to recognize that the three schools complaining (LSU, Mississippi, and Oklahoma State) are the ones complaining.  Most of "The Footwork King's" "clients" end up at UT, A&M, and Oklahoma. 

The UIL is just trying to keep that kind of thing out of Texas High School Sports. And failing pretty miserably in Basketball, I might add.  

I know that..  Originally I wasn't aware that they didn't move.  That's a no-brainer denial.  Apartment complexes are truly the answer to the question of "can we stop kids from transferring?".  It's no..no you can't.  But in this case it was an easy decision from the state committee.  

17 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

apartmentfinder.com

And another one.

Lol, smh

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Can you post the link to that article please….. Thx. 

2 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I know that..  Originally I wasn't aware that they didn't move.  That's a no-brainer denial.  Apartment complexes are truly the answer to the question of "can we stop kids from transferring?".  It's no..no you can't.  But in this case it was an easy decision from the state committee.  

Couldn’t he still suit up for the JV squad?