*HJ 7 Jasper 6 Final/Saturday*

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell ya'll what. With three games to go you have three teams tied for first and one team one game behind them. You have two of the top teams playing one of the top teams in the next three games. One of the top teams has to play two of the top three teams in the next three games. The team that is one game behind has to play one of the top three teams in the next three games. This sounds like a lot of fun. So don't even try to figure out this district just yet. It looks like we won't find out till the last out is called. Go Tigers.

Guest LionKing

Both pitchers pitched the entire game (9 innings) and both put in a gutsy performance.  Both pitchers also hit home runs.  Treece was a 2-run HR and #19 for Jasper was a solo shot.

Great ballgame...congratulations, Hawks!  After what was an emotional loss for Jasper, the team was out on their field after the game playing with young children.  The children were getting at-bats, name being announced on PA system, running bases, mixing with the Bulldogs, etc.  Great sight to see.  What a classy act.  The children were loving it!  What character!

Enjoyed the baseball game.  A little of everything in this one.

They HJ coach called the score in to Coop last night and said they just had to win 2 of the last 3 and they would be in the playoffs.......All remaining games are on the road at OF, BC, and WOS. I see them winning 2 of 3 which means 1 of the "big" 3 will probably be left out.

I admit other then W-L records, I don't know how the playoffs would stack up....

what would be the tiebreaker other then records??

if HJ wins 2 of 3, they would have a 10-4 district record.  (O-field, BC, WO-S)

if Silsbee takes 2 of 3, they would have a 11-3 district record. (Jasper, O-field, HF)

if Jasper takes 2 of 3, they would have a 11-3 district record. (Silsbee K-ville, BC)

if BC takes 2 of 3, they would have a 11-3 district record. (WO-S, HJ, Jasper)

So in that scenerio, HJ could win 2 of 3 and NOT make the top 3.

So it appears HJ would need to win at least 2 out of 3 and hope one of the top 3, goes 1 for 3, which would put 2 teams tied for 1st and 2 teams tied for 2nd.

It is a possible scenerio, but who can predict the future??

Looks like we all might have to wait and take the games one at a time!!

HJ played a great game but they didnt win in the 9th..........the runner, not sure who it was, didnt tag up completely, he left 2nd early when Hart caught the ball so i am not saying HJ wouldnt have won but it shouldve gone another inning because he should not have scored......put an asterisk by their district record because they didnt win in the 9th inning

also i would also like to add that last night was the most horrible excuse for umpiring i have ever seen...im not just saying that for jasper.......there were bad calls both ways

Yeah I was just figuring out that scenario as well and you are right Red1. Let's just put it this way, Anything can happen in this district and odds are we won't know who is in the playoffs until after the final out is recorded on April 27. And we may still not know after that...........Gonna be a great finish!!!!!

HJ played a great game but they didnt win in the 9th..........the runner, not sure who it was, didnt tag up completely, he left 2nd early when Hart caught the ball so i am not saying HJ wouldnt have won but it shouldve gone another inning because he should not have scored......put an asterisk by their district record because they didnt win in the 9th inning

also i would also like to add that last night was the most horrible excuse for umpiring i have ever seen...im not just saying that for jasper.......there were bad calls both ways

Dont make excuses, yall lost fair and square! Dont be mad that your beloved jasper couldnt pull it out. It's not our fault we out played yall. :)

Dont make excuses, yall lost fair and square! Dont be mad that your beloved jasper couldnt pull it out. It's not our fault we out played yall. :)

no im  not saying HJ didnt outplay jasper but im just saying that when the winning run didnt tag up completely, the win is disputed......im not taking anything away from HJ....their a great team

no the runner tagged nodoubt about it cause if he would ahve left early then he wuold have gotten called out on the appeal...i was there and it was a great peice of base running he had perfect judgement on when to leave but all in all it was a great game wiht terriable UMPS

IF Custer would have had machine guns it would have been different also. Used to be automatic a cpl of yrs back, didn't need to apeal. Umpires arn't to blame if they were perfect the would have a religion named after them. It for sure dont get no better no matter what level.

And the reason your Karma is -88?

Great game by 2 good teams. At one point late in the game the linescore looked like this:

R  H  E

6  4  4 HJ

6  4  4  Jasper

Both pitchers went the distance and both hit HR's.  Baserunning and fielding made the difference late.  Congrats to all kids on both squads!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder