Biggest Bass Ever Caught?

What's the biggest Bass you've ever caught? Mine was 5.4 LBS. Caught in Hemphill' date=' Texas on Toledo Bend off the bank. I was using a Black plastic worm with red flake. It was in May with the wind blowing and light rain.[/quote']

Mine is 13.14 lbs caught on Choke Canyon during the dead of winter on a 10-1/2 inch plum colored zoom magnum worm. I have many between 6 and 9 lbs, with 6 over 10 lbs.

My biggest stringer this year was 33.10 lbs (one day 5-fish). Smallest stringer this year was 13.80 lbs (one day five fish).

Need 25 to 35 lbs week after next on Choke (fingers crossed).

My biggets bass was between 7 and 8 lbs. Caught in Lake somerville. Just last year at T.B. I caught a 4lbs white perch that was a stronger fight that my big bass.

Biggets trout was caught at the sabine jetties it was just over 9lbs.

Biggest flounder was caught in Sabine lake driffting the reef it was 8.4lbs.

Love Buzzbaits in the Sping in Shallow water..Wooo' date=' Where you at Jody.[/quote']

I fish all over, however my favorite 3 lakes are:

1st Amistad - Del Rio, Texas (The fishing here has really improved following a decade long drout and two hurricanes that filled the lake in a short period of time. The two combined left a TON of flooded vegitation in a rock filled lake. It is amazing the difference between 1996 and 2006). Average fish weight is almost 4.0 lbs. Takes more than 31 lbs to win most one-day tournaments.

2nd Choke Canyon (Three Rivers, Texas) - This lake is full of Floridas and was considered to be the "Lake Fork" of South Texas. The largest bass I have ever had on a line was on this lake. She broke my 80 lb braided line and smiled as she swam off. The fish cold have easily weighed 18-20 lbs. Also the lake that produced my largest fish, weighing in officially over 13 lbs. Fish was released due to the Share a Lunker folks not being able to pick her up.

3rd Falcon Lake (Zapata, Texas) - Often the heat is such you have to jump in the lake and splash water on the boat carpet to keep the heat from hitting you in the face like an oven door being opened. Having said that, don't be ashamed to throw a line in while wading the banks of the Texas desert. I have caught over 100 fish before the sun came up good and often caught two or three difference species in one area. This lake has also produced my longest bass at 29-1/2 inches, however it only weghed 7.5 lbs. Head like a basketball and a body like a gar. If for no other reason, Falcons gets my nod for 3rd due to 4-Milpas steak house in Zapata.

Texas Honarable mentions: Medina, Coleto Creek, Rayburn, Fork, Fayette & a pond near Orange Texas just North of I-10 inside a RV park.

I've fished Falcon lake many times. That was probably my Grandfathers favorite place in the world to be.

If they can ever get Mexico to only take their own water, then it would be much better. It is a difficult humanitarian and political issue. Life over fishing always wins that battle, but sure would be nice if Mexico would stop killing each other ong enough to build their own State-side water supply.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Several over 8lbs from Nacogdoches' date=' Choke Canyon, and Pinkston.[/quote']

Choke has some moster fish in it. We weighed 30.42 two months ago on Choke and was in 9th place. This month on Falcon there were 16 stringers over 30 lbs and 21 lbs was only good enough for 75th place......

I fished Choke alot when it first opened and it was awsome. We used to put in at Calliham State Park (alot of huge deer in there). I haven't been there in several years but we used to stay at the Bass Inn, is that place still there? The second day I ever fished there we had three 7's , one 8, and one over 9lbs. Great lake.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

9.3 on Pinkston in 1999..... Was loading the boat after a day of fishing on Pinkston. Pulled the boat out of the water and started putting my rods into the rod box. I noticed that one of my reels had a slight backlash so I walked down to the boat ramp and casted the spinnerbait into the water to get the backlash out. I caught the 9.3 on the retrieve! TALK ABOUT LUCK!!!

BTW, if you have never fished on Pinkston, you are missing out! That lake is FULL of big bass!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder