Welp....Kirbyville @ Newton 8-31-18

GATA!

20 minutes ago, Turn back the clock said:

Pretty quiet in Wildcat land.  Heard Kountze beat them 3-0 in the scrimmage last night.  If this is true, it is going to be a long night against Newton.  I looked at the weather today and it doesn’t look like a hurricane is going to save the Wildcats this year.

Sounds like an running clock might be in order 

2 hours ago, Turn back the clock said:

Pretty quiet in Wildcat land.  Heard Kountze beat them 3-0 in the scrimmage last night.  If this is true, it is going to be a long night against Newton.  I looked at the weather today and it doesn’t look like a hurricane is going to save the Wildcats this year.

I was there and Kirbyville did score once. Kountze did get the upper hand by my gosh this team is 70% sophomores and some big kids at that with some in the skilled positions with good speed. Their JV look d pretty salty also was told that was all freshman and 3-4 sophomores. I will confirm this they may struggle this year but watch out in about 2 years your looking at another 2008-2009 type team in my opinion.  Kountze better get ready to get hit in the mouth by those Bobcats 

3 hours ago, Turn back the clock said:

They did step up and play them unlike your Buna Cougars who said no thank you. Coach may need to schedule some salty dogs instead of all the deaf, dumb and blind.  

1 hour ago, 1979HDBobcats said:

I was there and Kirbyville did score once. Kountze did get the upper hand by my gosh this team is 70% sophomores and some big kids at that with some in the skilled positions with good speed. Their JV look d pretty salty also was told that was all freshman and 3-4 sophomores. I will confirm this they may struggle this year but watch out in about 2 years your looking at another 2008-2009 type team in my opinion.  Kountze better get ready to get hit in the mouth by those Bobcats 

Hopefully the bobcats are better than last year. I was at the Kountze vs HD game and it wasn’t pretty.

I doubt that you hear much out of Kirbyville fans or players.  The competent people here understand that we are starting from scratch and have a long way to go.  They are headed in the right direction.  This program has been through alot the past few years.  

As for Newton I think everyone has the same expectations lol.  I can promise you that Kirbyville will come in fighting and fight till the end.  Just hope for a healthy game on both sides and enjoy watching some football.  

13 hours ago, Turn back the clock said:

I am not going to say any names but ^^^.

There are a few people you will hear from that enjoy taking shot at Kirbyville but these serve more a personal agenda.  

13 hours ago, 1979HDBobcats said:

Kirbyville 2nd offense  scored on Kountze 2nd defense once. Their 1st team did not score on Kountze 1st D. 

I wouldn't wish for any school in the state to go through what Kirbyville has had to go through in the last yr +, both on and off the field. But I can tell you this, if they had....then there would be a lot less disrespect being thrown at us. Like someone said earlier^^, I think a lot of folks are sore from what Kirbyville has done to them on the football field in the past and they're taking this chance to kick us while we're down. I've noticed one very glaring thing though so far....we're getting no disrespect from anyone in Newton. They are going to dismantle us this Friday, but the Newton backers are being very very classy in how they handle it. Thank you. I'll be there cheering my team on no matter what cause....unlike some other teams....we weren't afraid to play the #1 team in the state/nation.

Hate to see any kids go through what the Cats have had forced on them the last couple years.  Maybe this coach is in the right place at the right time to lead these guys to their full potential.  Looks like he also believes in Curtis Barbay's theory that you only get better playing better teams.  I hope they stay healthy and get this thing turned around.  I believe it's more fun for everyone when all Southeast Texas teams are playing well.  Go Eagles!

On 8/25/2018 at 11:21 PM, 1979HDBobcats said:

I actually heard something similar that K vile will be someone to watch out for in about two years