Silsbee@PNG

Indianforever

1 minute ago, The Icon said:

I honestly thought you were the mom of #9 at PNG 

I am a 53 year old gentleman who has been going to the PNG football games since I was 9 months old.  I have missed a total of 3 games since I was born.  Thus, I am png9mon.  Happy to clear that all up for you!!!:)

IMO the game will be won by PNG, but it will not be a blowout by no means.  Having RJ will be the difference maker in pre-district games like this.  In the two scrimmages he was not able to run the ball at all except maybe one time.  RJ is a duel threat QB and a lot more running this year than throwing.  Unless receivers and the o-line will do their jobs.  Our defense is always a ? mark until I see them really start shutting down other teams.  

6 minutes ago, Lamar1996 said:

IMO the game will be won by PNG, but it will not be a blowout by no means.  Having RJ will be the difference maker in pre-district games like this.  In the two scrimmages he was not able to run the ball at all except maybe one time.  RJ is a duel threat QB and a lot more running this year than throwing.  Unless receivers and the o-line will do their jobs.  Our defense is always a ? mark until I see them really start shutting down other teams.  

PNG has the running backs & offensive line to grind it out against Silsbee, if needed. And the break away speed of Shug to get off quick passes, or run.  Will be a great game for both teams to prepare for the season.  Looking forward to it being a real close, hard fought game. 

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

Was told that PN-G is small on the defensive front.  If that's the case, it'll be a long day.

Mid-Sized, Very Aggressive on the PNG D-Line.  PNG offense will have to score.  We will not consistently stop Silsbee.  Hopefully, 1 or 2 stops, and a lot of Cherokee playing for our touchdowns.

8 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Mid-Sized, Very Aggressive on the PNG D-Line.  PNG offense will have to score.  We will not consistently stop Silsbee.  Hopefully, 1 or 2 stops, and a lot of Cherokee playing for our touchdowns.

I agree.  PN-G's offensive game plan always good, no matter the personnel.  So it'll be tough to slow them down.  So the Silsbee offense would need to be on point. Basically what you said by reversed for Silsbee.  Lol

1 hour ago, png9mon said:

I am a 53 year old gentleman who has been going to the PNG football games since I was 9 months old.  I have missed a total of 3 games since I was born.  Thus, I am png9mon.  Happy to clear that all up for you!!!:)

What an awesome name now that I know I really like it.

16 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

How many kids go both ways for Silsbee? I could see it being close until the 4th quarter

Well, we don't really know yet.  Not sure about the linemen,  but skill position, at least what we've seen in scrimmages, players do go both ways,   it. It full time.  You'll probably see a corner or 2 on I, you may see a RB or 2 for a couple of plays on D.  Again,  it sure if Coach Smith will do it this way in an actual game....  Only speculation at  this point...

20 minutes ago, MustangNation#1 said:

Silsbee don't have the physical speed they had the last 4 years I'm not seeing that  this year they might score a couple but nothing over 21 so I see RJ at lease with 4 or 5 touchdowns and they playing at home to the lndain going to be dancing all night

I mean, it's hard to replace world class speed like K. Boogie last year (many don't), but overall, this team has speed, overall speed.  In this game, overall, more than PN-G.  But we all know speed alone won't win games.  Let's hope that there's a good game plan for the team in Maroon.

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I mean, it's hard to replace world class speed like K. Boogie last year (many don't), but overall, this team has speed, overall speed.  In this game, overall, more than PN-G.  But we all know speed alone won't win games.  Let's hope that there's a good game plan for the team in Maroon.

True that silsbee have some speed but it's not physical like the past now I went to the png scrimmage vs Wos and png defense has some big guys on there front line man and they is very physical