Silsbee@PNG

Indianforever

2 hours ago, The Icon said:

The last time these 2 teams played, the score was 54-27 and it was Shug’s first ever varsity football game. 2 years later, I suspect he has his way with Silsbee’s defense. 

That was ALSO Coach Smith's first varsity game as HC and Silsbee's first game under a new offense and defense.  There was also a RB controversy as well.  Y'all did good to put that game away.  This year, 3rd year, stout defense, and 3 years under the system.  Also, a few 3 year starters, most on defense.  

But the game still will need to be played.  So, well see, but I doubt that it'll be an easy put away type game...

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

That was ALSO Coach Smith's first varsity game as HC and Silsbee's first game under a new offense and defense.  There was also a RB controversy as well.  Y'all did good to put that game away.  This year, 3rd year, stout defense, and 3 years under the system.  Also, a few 3 year starters, most on defense.  

But the game still will need to be played.  So, well see, but I doubt that it'll be an easy put away type game...

I'm not part of the "Y'all", just a fan of RJ and SETX football. I agree that it both teams will have some fire power and not an easy put away type game. 

5 hours ago, pakronos said:

two years ago, silsbee was small and inexperienced in comparison to PNG's TEAM, not boy wonder. Silsbee by a touchdown

Your talking about the same Silsbee team that barely lost to Carthage, the eventual state champs, in the first round (really should have won)... they were by no means small or inexperienced. Calvin Tyler, Willie Jones, Kaylon Barnes, Adonis Thomas- those are just a few of the VERY good players on that team.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

Your talking about the same Silsbee team that barely lost to Carthage, the eventual state champs, in the first round (really should have won)... they were by no means small or inexperienced. Calvin Tyler, Willie Jones, Kaylon Barnes, Adonis Thomas- those are just a few of the VERY good players on that team.

so is fair to compare the same PNG team to Carthage?? png had size and depth over silsbee. you can't compare cathage to PNG.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

I sat by him at the game.  He said the same thing 2 years in the stands when he saw the defense.  So, I can vouch for him.  They were small, especially in the trenches.  

Now, they peaked at the right time late in the season , which is why they almost beat Carthage...  That and Calvin Tyler running for over 300 yards.  

8 minutes ago, pakronos said:

so is fair to compare the same PNG team to Carthage?? png had size and depth over silsbee. you can't compare cathage to PNG.

Hard to compare 2016 versions of PN-G and Carthage.  A Junior Ingram and a Sophmore Boy Wonder were about equal in skills of their actual position...

9 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Central, Ozen, PA. 0-3 versus PN-G last year but their fans are the ones with the loudest mouths on here. Just can't let it go. Seems like the same minus PA was happening long before RJ. Rent free fellas. 

PN-G in a close one. 

What does Ozen and Central have to do with this debate on this thread? 

47 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

What does Ozen and Central have to do with this debate on this thread? 

Don't act like those fans aren't the ones that come on every PN-G thread with the boy wonder and fighting RJ comments like PN-G didn't handle them just fine without RJ. Just can't seem to help themselves from talking football without making smart*** comments in almost every post. Whether it is something about RJ, how we have nothing but him, bubble schools, etc it is always something. Talk football or stay in your own teams threads. And yeah I know you pull for Silsbee so that is meant for more of the Pak's of the board

13 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Don't act like those fans aren't the ones that come on every PN-G thread with the boy wonder and fighting RJ comments like PN-G didn't handle them just fine without RJ. Just can't seem to help themselves from talking football without making smart*** comments in almost every post. Whether it is something about RJ, how we have nothing but him, bubble schools, etc it is always something. Talk football or stay in your own teams threads. And yeah I know you pull for Silsbee so that is meant for more of the Pak's of the board

Cool, but Central/Ozen/United is my secondary team.  You must've been going after the PA guys because United don't play PN-G this year.  

In the past, supporting central, I have came after PN-G, but I come after any team that's next up on the schedule equally as hard.lol

I am grateful that PNG has such a fast, experienced Silsbee Tigers program to play in pre-season this year.  Playing speed always helps your defense work out it's schemes.  Shug will have a great look at defensive speed to either throw, or run against.  Provided that it is a clean, well officiated game, both teams will benefit from this one.  I pray that every player comes through this game without injury.  This will be a great running attack game to watch.

I agree with png9mom. This is not your last couple of season Silsbee team. this is more akin to those from a few years ago who were tearing up the playoffs. This will be a great early season test for PNG and they will give our Indians plenty of speed to look at. They are very very fast up in Silsbee this season. Looking forward to a great game. e

Just now, prepballfan said:

I agree with png9mom. This is not your last couple of season Silsbee team. this is more akin to those from a few years ago who were tearing up the playoffs. This will be a great early season test for PNG and they will give our Indians plenty of speed to look at. They are very very fast up in Silsbee this season. Looking forward to a great game. e

png9mon, please.  I am a man & no ones mom. :)