Silsbee vs Bay City Friday 6pm Turner Stadium Humble

BADSANTA

I've done some research on Bay City Black Cats.  

They had to Beat Sealy to make the playoffs.  They finished 3rd in that district, with the last 5 spots being tied at 3-3.  That 5th team, Needleville missed the playoff, I assume some type of head to head scenario... Also they beat a team that's a traditional powerhouse, Cameron Yoe in nondistrict.

BC seems to be able to score somewhat.  They've been held to single digit scores ONCE and have scored over 40 points 3 times.  They're like to pass more than run and have more yards passing than running, but still run Well based on attempts.  

The QB, Davidson, makes the offense go.  He passed for over 2,000 yards and also leads the team in rushing yards with over  1,000 yards rushing.  A dual threat QB.  He doesn't throw to just one receiver.  He passed it around all over the field.  

On defense, seems like their secondary is their weakness.  They give up almost twice as many TD's in the air than on the ground.  

Silsbee should win this one just based on all the things Silsbee's doing well at.  

Just a little research about Bay City....According to MaxPreps....#2..D. Davidson/1007 yds. passing/7TD's.........#4 J. Collins...5 TD'S receiving.....#6 C Janise...6 TD's receiving.....

Also beleive the Tigers can win this game with a HEAVY dose of the running game.....Bay City defense doesn't seem to be that good against the run......guess we'll see firsthand come Friday....

After watching some film, Bay City is a lot like Center but better. Bay City offense runs through their QB, the first true duel threat QB Silsbee has seen this year, 2,000+ passing/1000+ rushing. He likes to spread the ball around.  They have a big running back that likes to impose his size on defense's, doesn't have top end speed and not much of a cutter. The WRs are a good bunch, short routes, deep routes and speed. The Bay City defense is quick. They flow to the ball with great pursuit and like to gang tackle, ok on one-on-one tackling. Their run defense they like to plug the gaps with LB on stunts and blizes and rely on their front to put presser on the opposing QB, DBs has some speed. The Silsbee offense, after last week, needs to clean it up. Four turnovers and run blocking, to many time our RBs got hit in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage. We should be able to run the ball and if they pull up to stop the run we should have no problem going over the top. The Silsbee defense should be able to get after these guys. If we contain their QB like we did last week it will be a long night for Bay City. Again, I don't think Bay City has seen the overall team speed like what Silsbee will put on the field Friday night. Should be another good played game. If Silsbee offense plays clean I see a 42-28 win. I know, a homer pick. TigerNation!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• If there's a specific situation that started this thread, I don't know the details.  Nor do I care.  But I do have an opinion about what I'm gathering from some of the comments. My opinion: I do believe that an AD should leave the players of a particular sport to their respective head coach during that season.  The varsity players of that sport anyway.  I believe it's a little different concerning the sub varsity players of that sport.  If an AD/HFC decides to grab some JV baseball players for some offseason football stuff during the athletics period, I don't have AS MUCH of a problem with it.  I would still consider it a common courtesy to discuss with the head coach of that particular sport to consider their thoughts on it. I also believe that ALL athletes should be lifting and running all year.  When in a particular season, I believe that the head coach of that sport should control the reigns on that topic to implement some sport specific lifting/running during their season.  But all athletes should be in the weight room year round. As far as playing multiple sports?  I'm an advocate.  I know that the popular idea is for potentially good/great players in a specific sport to "focus" on that sport.  And I agree.. but focusing on one sport doesn't mean stopping the others.  It just means prioritizing time in a way that extra work is put into that specific sport.  After hours, weekends, holidays/summer, etc..  Just because you plan on making a push into college baseball (for example) doesn't mean you can't work on baseball during other sports seasons.  That's exactly what I did.. and countless others.  Plus, it's important to maybe learn how to be a role player in a sport that you're not the best at.  Because that's coming. That's my opinion.  And I come from an era where kids played multiple sports if they knew it would be helping.  Helping their classmates.. or just contributing to school pride.  I hate knowing that there are schools that could be much more competitive if their kids would just come out.  It's hard for me to understand if I'm being honest. 
    • I wasn't arguing the point of how an AD keeps his job. The question was "what has happened to Jasper" as in their whole athletic department. They were much much better in those other sports even when football was successful. Not anymore. Something definitely has changed.
    • I just don't think it's as big an issue as what's being discussed. My opinion.
    • It's common knowledge that this sort of thing happens on ranches, out in the country, etc.  I'd be willing to bet that a good number of people who participate in this forum have had to do something similar. That said, she's an absolute moron for putting it in a book, period.  The act of killing the dog can be justified, especially for those of us familiar with how life on a ranch/farm works,  but publicizing it is inexcusable for someone in her position.  I honestly have no clue what she was thinking.  60% percent of the country already doesn't like trump, and now his most likely running mate has a major controversy over killing a dog.  Pure stupidity.
    • There are times when certain things are appropriate, and when they are not.  We can agree to disagree on the appropriateness of star baseball players doing contact football drills in the days leading up the baseball playoffs.  
  • Topics