Port Arthur Memorial 40 Vidor 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, skyhcky said:

Maybe getting ready for the playoffs.  Practicing the hurry up offense in a real game situation?

Maybe... but that’s not what it looks like.... especially when their captains set the tone by not shaking hands with VIDOR... hmmm

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Leave no doubt?

Or work on 2 minute drill.  Obviously you only get 2 chances at most per week to work on it in game situations.  Realistically lucky if you get one.  And you aren’t going to do it in a beat down in the 4th quarter.  

Hate that type of complaining.  If you don’t like being down 40 in the second quarter and your opponent in a hurry up, play better defense.  (Not intended for you obviously Soulja). 

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Or work on 2 minute drill.  Obviously you only get 2 chances at most per week to work on it in game situations.  Realistically lucky if you get one.  And you aren’t going to do it in a beat down in the 4th quarter.  

Hate that type of complaining.  If you don’t like being down 40 in the second quarter and your opponent in a hurry up, play better defense.  (Not intended for you obviously Soulja). 

I don’t know man... it’s just the tone of the game the way it started with the Titan captains showing their tails... and then to know they only refuse to shake hands with VIDOR... makes one wonder..

Vidor is gettin out played completely... make no mistake.. no excuses here... just a sad situation with the tone set by the captains AKA the leaders of the team... you can win by as much as you want and still have class

5 minutes ago, vhs said:

I don’t know man... it’s just the tone of the game the way it started with the Titan captains showing their tails... and then to know they only refuse to shake hands with VIDOR... makes one wonder..

Vidor is gettin out played completely... make no mistake.. no excuses here... just a sad situation with the tone set by the captains AKA the leaders of the team... you can win by as much as you want and still have class

It’s not the first time it’s happened in football (at all levels) and there’s a certain amount of gamesmanship to that.  Would I prefer teams shake hands?  Sure.  But I would hope it didn’t have the effect on the players that it obviously did on some of the fans.  If so, it achieved its intended effect I promise you.

The trying to score before the half though is just taking advantage of a key game situation.  Any coach worth his salt is going to try and use that to help his team down the road in a similar situation with more on the line.   

4 minutes ago, vhs said:

So they lost last year and can’t shake hands???? Makes sense.... again I say CLASSY

When a teams spoils your Undefeated season. Out coach and play you in a game that you you was a heavy favorite in you will have something to prove the next time you see them. This game is straight business pretty sure they don't want the same out come as last year.

Who cares on shaking hands, go out on the field and play football. It should motivate you, but sounds like it's getting in the heads of the Vidor faithful. La Marque just be known to come out of their blow up And walk with a swagger taunting the other team. People would cry about it, but I thought it was cool and it intimidated the opposing team. The refusing the handshake is the same thing.

17 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

guess I’m just different man... my son is out there tonight, and if I see him refuse to shake hands with anyone in that field he will be getting a foot in his a$$ tonight when he gets home... some guys condone that poor behavior and I guess that’s cool... I’m done with the topic... hope the rest of the game is clean for both teams