Best player or players off every team in SETX

Mamba

12 hours ago, Cowboynation said:

Gaven Whitmire- pg from Lumberton should be on this list. 

I definitely put him up there on the list. The kid does so much for his team and has put up great numbers this year in most games. And I've seen what he has done against many of the kids on this list this season. 

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

There was some discussion about a game (virtual reality lol), so with that in mind, here's the 4 that were (past tense being the important part) in the discussion.

Me and stevenash vs TxHoops, and Bluedove3.  All Stars?  Hmmm maybe not.

Praise be that it never got past talk.

Dove and I would be prohibitive favorites obviously lol

A few I think I would add to that list... 

Gaven Whitmire - Lum... one of the purest shooters in the area. Kid can go and has the heart for them game that many do not match. If he didn't have to play PG for his team, this kid would be scoring a lot of points  

Bruce Newton- Silsbee... he just has that dog about him. Love the heart he puts into defense. He makes plays when he needs to! 

Hayden Hefner- Ned... I know he is just a freshman... but man the kid can play big time ball. Remember this name! 

2 hours ago, Bad boyz said:

I've heard about a kid from Pineywoods community academy, last name house anyone heard of this kid?? 

I don't know anything about their personnel, but I was checking them out & they have a good record.  I figured they must have a few good players, or one stud.

On 1/31/2017 at 2:15 PM, aTmfan06 said:

Yeah well his team isn't doing much..

We were 1-19 two years ago. Nick will probably be a first team pick this year. Chris probably second (and he's only a sophomore!). We have been fairly close with Hardin and Kirbyville. Just because we aren't looking great record wise, this team has done more than any other team we've had. We are developing. Next year will be even better.

10 hours ago, Tbone jl said:

Jamyus Jones from Sabine Pass Is the the best guard in the area in my opinion 

He's not even better than CJ Wooten from Woodville, much less the top dogs like McCain. Scale of 1-10, with a 10 being McCain and a 1 being the JV level.....he's a solid 6 and could make a case for 7. He's a good player with decent fundamentals and a good basketball IQ, but it takes more than that in a coverage area like ours. 

On another note......Julius Midkiff of Colmesneil (formerly of Woodville) is a very solid player for the Bulldogs. He at least deserves a mention.

10 hours ago, Coach Frey said:

We were 1-19 two years ago. Nick will probably be a first team pick this year. Chris probably second (and he's only a sophomore!). We have been fairly close with Hardin and Kirbyville. Just because we aren't looking great record wise, this team has done more than any other team we've had. We are developing. Next year will be even better.

I have been impressed by how quickly the Bob Hope School has developed athletically. The Hughen Center is doing a good job. Keep it up!