WOS - Sweetwater

XX Man

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

I'm not sure, but I think that may be the case.  td probably knows more about that.

We should be visitor like we were 2 years ago.  My understanding is that they rotate every year between the regions. Last year regions 3 or 4 were the home teams. This year regions 1 or 2 would be the home team. 

55 minutes ago, td said:

I'm still enjoying the victory last night. Honestly haven't asked but I'll find out later. Sitting here trying to make myself believe all of this is real. When these boys were very young we knew they were special. As they got to be 9, 10, and 11 the reality of what we thought was right before our eyes. We said back then that they had 2 State Championships in them. Now we've lost a few of those boys. A couple of them moved to Beaumont and actually one is visiting Yale this weekend to play football. The pride and joy that these boys have given me and a lot of other people is just amazing. I didn't mean to go on a rant about the boys but it's just what's on my mind right now. Can you even imagine? Three State appearance in a row. Not to mention a State appearance in baseball. Thanks for the ride fellas!!!!

I was reflecting back this morning as well TD. What a ride!!! I have been so proud of these young men on and off the field. Sometimes I am amazed at what I see but most of the time I am not because I have seen it happen before.  

Thanks again for the ride boys... now go get that ring!!!!

"Coach Dave" 

I want to tell some of the folks that really care a little about Sweetwater. What I saw last night was a little different. The wos fans keep taking about the slot T and how many times they have played it this year. What I saw last night was maybe different from anything I've seen in the past. Sweetwater runs completely out of the spread, but it is not a spread like y'all saw against Gilmer in 14'. I'm trying to describe it and what keeps coming to mind is a spread/slot t hybrid. The do a lot of not hiding the ball but hiding the receivers. They will roll someone to the backside on almost every play. It's not something you guys certainly can't overcome, it's just a little different than what I have seen. It's kinda like they took our offense and kicked it up a notch. 

With that said they are not big......at all. They got some shifty little runners that we didn't tackle very well. I don't think WOS will have that problem. I can see a game real close to the score of yalls last night game. They're tough country boys, but I think that Sweetwater is in for a rude awakening. One that we would probably have gotten had we been fortunate enough to win. Sometimes you got to just tip your cap!!!!

16 minutes ago, losteraussie said:

I want to tell some of the folks that really care a little about Sweetwater. What I saw last night was a little different. The wos fans keep taking about the slot T and how many times they have played it this year. What I saw last night was maybe different from anything I've seen in the past. Sweetwater runs completely out of the spread, but it is not a spread like y'all saw against Gilmer in 14'. I'm trying to describe it and what keeps coming to mind is a spread/slot t hybrid. The do a lot of not hiding the ball but hiding the receivers. They will roll someone to the backside on almost every play. It's not something you guys certainly can't overcome, it's just a little different than what I have seen. It's kinda like they took our offense and kicked it up a notch. 

With that said they are not big......at all. They got some shifty little runners that we didn't tackle very well. I don't think WOS will have that problem. I can see a game real close to the score of yalls last night game. They're tough country boys, but I think that Sweetwater is in for a rude awakening. One that we would probably have gotten had we been fortunate enough to win. Sometimes you got to just tip your cap!!!!

How is Sweetwaters defense? Big/fast or what compaired to ours?

I think both teams will be comparable in size. From what I've heard y'all aren't that big. Their defense i will say was well coached. It was obvious they knew what was happening when they saw it. After the first quarter they knew we would pass. They  dropped 8 guys into coverage and for some reason (panic I guess) we completely abandoned the run. After we got behind they laid some freaking licks on our receivers across the middle. There one on one tackling is pretty good. They don't try to stand you up. They take you down from the bottom and last night at least, were very efficient at it.

50 minutes ago, losteraussie said:

I think both teams will be comparable in size. From what I've heard y'all aren't that big. Their defense i will say was well coached. It was obvious they knew what was happening when they saw it. After the first quarter they knew we would pass. They  dropped 8 guys into coverage and for some reason (panic I guess) we completely abandoned the run. After we got behind they laid some freaking licks on our receivers across the middle. There one on one tackling is pretty good. They don't try to stand you up. They take you down from the bottom and last night at least, were very efficient at it.

On any level of football if there are 2 deep safeties you run the ball and it's really not use throwing  it if their running prevent 

29 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

When will the team be leaving from Orange to Arlington Texas? (Anybody) It’s a long drive 5 hours &30 minutes without traffic, 330.5 miles. Sweetwater is much closer to Arlington, their commute is 205.1 miles, and 3 hours 6 minutes. Coaches will plan well I’m sure.

Good question. I would think they would leave on a Thursday. And get a room. Since the game is at 12:00. Personally I would want my players rested.

23 hours ago, XX Man said:

When will tickets go on sale at WOS? Stickitmaster wants $24 on line.

Tickets will be for sale at the WO-S Athletic Office on Tuesday from 9am-12pm and on Wednesday from 9am-12pm, according to a post on Facebook.  According to this post tickets at the office will be $14 for adults and $10 for students.

Again, I saw this on a facebook post that was not from WOCCISD or its athletic secretary so I can't verify that this information is accurate.  Just merely passing along potential info.