Gilmer 50 Jasper 21/FINAL

lostaussie

12 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

Probably be another shoot out from all the indications.  Gilmer will likely be a 10 point favorite.  

That is when we are at our best. Jasper may have the ball 30 to 32 minutes of the game. We just don't keep it very long most of the time. Sometimes that's good for us...... sometimes it's bad

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

according to Pigskin Prep they are a 18 point favorite.  lol reckon the homefield advantage comes into play?  lol mother francis field is aka gilmer south

We do like to play there........but I can recall 2 of our most crushing defeats there also. In 2003 we were undefeated and were absolutely crushed by a 9-4 Atlanta and in 2005 we were beaten in what at the time, was the 3rd highest scoring game in Texas history, by Canton 61-58. A game that if we had played 100 times we would have won 99. It can and does happen. But......yes we like Earl Campbell field!!! 

5 hours ago, losteraussie said:

That is when we are at our best. Jasper may have the ball 30 to 32 minutes of the game. We just don't keep it very long most of the time. Sometimes that's good for us...... sometimes it's bad

Losteraussie I truly understand why u say that. After watching numerous film on the both of them. Keys for Jasper : It's an absolute must that they put pressure on A.brown if not cud b a long nite. Bc #13 Morton will b a matchup problem for them. I think they matchup fairly well with the rest of the wrs. And try to keep #25 at bay. This year gilmer defensive wise isn't as strong as years past. So if Jasper has any shot on offense that running back will have to have a huge nite. And Jasper can't afford the turnovers. A.brown is just a JR. With over 4000yds passing.likes to get the ball out quick. He's not that tall. Maybe 5'8 or5'9. So if  d-line can't get to him. They need to raise there hands up to make him throw over them. This for sure will b a great game !

26 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Im taking Glimmer...but I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand I always support bEast Texas teams. On the other hand everybody likes to see the bully get punched in the mouth.

Make sure it is a bully and not just a bad mother.....  shut yo mouth!!!

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Im taking Glimmer...but I have mixed feelings about this one. On one hand I always support bEast Texas teams. On the other hand everybody likes to see the bully get punched in the mouth.

We've been punched in the mouth a bunch. 9 times out of 10 we get the last lick in though. 

10 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

December 18, 2004 down by 21 3 different times the Dawgs punched, kicked, and clawed and had them Buckeyes and their fans as nervous has could be once we got the ball at the end of the game but sadly time run out. as bad as i hated it for those young men that day never could i be more proud of them!!

talk bout leaving it all on the field..................................wow there couldnt be a better example

It was a great game........ the kind of game that you love to win........but you truly hate it for the other team. 

18 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

yes it was a great game. there are many people (not just gilmer or jasper fans) to this day consider it to be if not the best one right at the top of the list state championship games ever played in texas.

Yep, could you imagine that game played in front of a packed house in ATT instead of SFA. 

Now back to the game at hand. Just listened to the S2S playoff show. Those guys are picking the Buckeyes by 3 to 4 TD's. Y'all hammer on Grant and Terry......I don't see it.

33 minutes ago, XX Man said:

As much as I would like to see Jasper win, I would rather see WOS get to kick that rear end. 

We would like to see that too. But 1st things 1st. We are not good enough to overlook Jasper. We will be ready Friday evening. The other awaits for someone. I hope it's us.