Maybe- Just maybe

stevenash

OK, guys.  Your man won!  Congrats...I'm sure the feeling is quite euphoric this morning.  Let's get this thing going back in a positive light.  The last thing we need to do now is be as divisive as Obama has let the country get to over the past 8 years.  Let's get back to loving one another and become a galvanized nation, THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, again!

I was too devasted to write anything. I cried a lot last night. It is not a Republican, Democratic thing for me. If Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz etc would've won I would be ok. The fact that a man that has zero political experience , and a guy who cannot control his temper won is terrifying. I know I have to kick the dust off of my feet and keep moving and I have to keep living. God is in control. One think I will not do is whine and moan everyday on this thread about what Trump is or is not doing. it is what it is, and I have to accept that he won. Congrats to the Trump supporters!!!!

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

I was too devasted to write anything. I cried a lot last night. It is not a Republican, Democratic thing for me. If Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz etc would've won I would be ok. The fact that a man that has zero political experience , and a guy who cannot control his temper won is terrifying. I know I have to kick the dust off of my feet and keep moving and I have to keep living. God is in control. One think I will not do is whine and moan everyday on this thread about what Trump is or is not doing. it is what it is, and I have to accept that he won. Congrats to the Trump supporters!!!!

Good post, but you should care enough to share your concerns about what goes on. Too many "it is what it is" comments. That's a defeatist attitude.

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

The Left painting Trump as out-of-control was one of the most pathetic things to ever be leveled by an opponent. Hillary's camp continually said that Trump couldn't control his temper therefore shouldn't have access to the nuclear codes. Well guess what, Trump has access to a gun and has never lost his temper and shot someone. He has no dead bodies in his wake. You can't say that about Hillary. Sounds like you fell headfirst for Hillary's line of BS.

I heard some of the same nonsense about Reagan. I have a good friend that was in high school in 1980 in his first election. She came home one day literally upset and in tears about the upcoming WWIII. Her teacher put the fear of death in her with a statement like, "If Reagan wins we will be in a nuclear war".

I told her it was to the contrary. People are afraid to poke a cornered bear for fear of the retaliation that will certainly come. If they poke Reagan, they knew the response was coming. The evil countries of the world respect strength. That respect is driven out of fear of what may happen. Libya found that out when a US serviceman was killed in a bombing in Europe and Reagan sent jets into Libya to bomb the dictator's own house. He escaped death when the Italians tipped him off shortly before the bombers hit. 

Reagan won his reelection in 1984 with a stunning 17 million vote popular vote win and an EC vote of 525 to 13. 

So much for the guy that was going to bring us to WWIII. His strength and military stance brought down the Soviet Union. 

I am not pretending that Trump will be Reagan but hopefully he will let it be known that he will not back down from a threat. Unlike Obama who drew the red line in the sand and when it was crossed... backed the line up. Everyone in the world knew that the USA was weak willed under Obama. I hope that Trump reverses that trend. 

19 hours ago, Big girl said:

Good post, but I'd ask you to continue reading the threads, because unlike many liberals, if Trump gets way out of line, I'm confident you'll see several of us brow beat him.  As baddog said, we ain't sheep.

i will add, that I for one, am glad this is over.  Been voting for 50 years and never seen a campaign like this.  Now I hope and pray Trump will do a good job.  For the country, and each of us as individuals.