West Orange-Stark 73 Tarkington 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

Not many highlights for the Longhorns.  We had 2 first downs I believe.  A couple nice kickoff returns; we had quite a few attempts.  A couple good defensive stands. 

WO-S speed was over-whelming to say the least.  Mix that in with some good hard running and it was a long night on defense for the Horns.

I was most impressed with the class that was exhibited by both teams.  WO-S did very, very little showboating.  They played with a lot of class and respect for their over-matched opponent.  

My Horns gave it what they had and played with good attitudes and sportsmanship.  Wasn't a whole lot of helping each other off the turf, but there wasn't any nasty stuff that you might see sometimes in a lopsided affair.

Our players will look back on this as a learning experience and set their sights on getting better.  This was a rebuilding year for us and it showed.  We lose a few really good seniors, but have a lot of underclassmen who gained valuable experience tonight.

About the only weakness I saw with WO-S is a tendency to over-pursue the ball which leaves the counter and reverse open, but with so much speed what would be a TD or a huge gain against most teams is 8-10 yards against you guys.  That and the inconsistency on the extra points.  Dallas kid can sure boot that ball on kickoffs, why is he not the normal place kicker?

Best of luck to WO-S.  Hope you bring home another trophy to SE Texas. 

Oh but If wos would have lost they would be getting bashed on here and yall know it, so if people want to get butt hurt about my post then so be it I'm telling the truth just all these  cowards around wos area that refuse to play them so they stuck with playing p e classes in the regular season too. I'M just saying wos is not afraid to play anybody but nobody wants play them but cupcakes the whole schedule was trash bridge city talk all that noise, trash!!! LCM trash and that team from fort Worth lmaooooooo etc. Now have these weak playoffs, like I said I have seen all these teams thats in the playoffs and I don't see a real threat just last year and the year before that. As far as the uil butt heads yall r right about that because their laughing all the way to the bank with this two division junk I wish we could get rid of them and go back to two out of each district and one true state champion like it should be and then I don't have worry anybody cring when I talk about the cupcake teams and you guys know it too I just have the peaches to put it on blast and I'm glad I'm working 1500 miles away so I won't have waste money going to all the up coming blowouts I'm getting bored with it.

skipper what is up with the kicking game on extra points, this late in the season it should have been fixed by now, lets face it WOS may not need the kicking game for extra points but we still have problems in that area. I guess when you have the offense we do kicking game is not something they work on that much. Just my opinion but if you have not fixed it by now than it won't get fixed. Great win and no injuries

7 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

Not many highlights for the Longhorns.  We had 2 first downs I believe.  A couple nice kickoff returns; we had quite a few attempts.  A couple good defensive stands. 

WO-S speed was over-whelming to say the least.  Mix that in with some good hard running and it was a long night on defense for the Horns.

I was most impressed with the class that was exhibited by both teams.  WO-S did very, very little showboating.  They played with a lot of class and respect for their over-matched opponent.  

My Horns gave it what they had and played with good attitudes and sportsmanship.  Wasn't a whole lot of helping each other off the turf, but there wasn't any nasty stuff that you might see sometimes in a lopsided affair.

Our players will look back on this as a learning experience and set their sights on getting better.  This was a rebuilding year for us and it showed.  We lose a few really good seniors, but have a lot of underclassmen who gained valuable experience tonight.

About the only weakness I saw with WO-S is a tendency to over-pursue the ball which leaves the counter and reverse open, but with so much speed what would be a TD or a huge gain against most teams is 8-10 yards against you guys.  That and the inconsistency on the extra points.  Dallas kid can sure boot that ball on kickoffs, why is he not the normal place kicker?

Best of luck to WO-S.  Hope you bring home another trophy to SE Texas. 

He just started learning to kick in December then came baseball season and summer baseball. Picked it back up in August. He isn't as consistent at xtra points as we would like and the freshman Pauline Santos is also getting better. They both need work. Here's to hoping we get better with time. 

26 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

skipper what is up with the kicking game on extra points, this late in the season it should have been fixed by now, lets face it WOS may not need the kicking game for extra points but we still have problems in that area. I guess when you have the offense we do kicking game is not something they work on that much. Just my opinion but if you have not fixed it by now than it won't get fixed. Great win and no injuries

If you believe its not something they work on, youre sadly mistaken.

5 minutes ago, td said:

He just started learning to kick in December then came baseball season and summer baseball. Picked it back up in August. He isn't as consistent at xtra points as we would like and the freshman Pauline Santos is also getting better. They both need work. Here's to hoping we get better with time. 

probably the Robinson Rockets

2 hours ago, SILVER AND BLACK said:

Oh but If wos would have lost they would be getting bashed on here and yall know it, so if people want to get butt hurt about my post then so be it I'm telling the truth just all these  cowards around wos area that refuse to play them so they stuck with playing p e classes in the regular season too. I'M just saying wos is not afraid to play anybody but nobody wants play them but cupcakes the whole schedule was trash bridge city talk all that noise, trash!!! LCM trash and that team from fort Worth lmaooooooo etc. Now have these weak playoffs, like I said I have seen all these teams thats in the playoffs and I don't see a real threat just last year and the year before that. As far as the uil butt heads yall r right about that because their laughing all the way to the bank with this two division junk I wish we could get rid of them and go back to two out of each district and one true state champion like it should be and then I don't have worry anybody cring when I talk about the cupcake teams and you guys know it too I just have the peaches to put it on blast and I'm glad I'm working 1500 miles away so I won't have waste money going to all the up coming blowouts I'm getting bored with it.

Your classy.

11 minutes ago, SILVER AND BLACK said:

Finally someone who gets me!!! The winner between Caldwell and Robinson will be next they play today

And I didn't even have to say anything else for my point to be made. Dude everyone has the peaches behind a keyboard. We all know that WOS is good and should win STATE. The problem is there is a way to go about it or not. Win with class and loose with class. Don't get on here a show your ***!!! Like I have said some WOS fans are very respectful and don't try and shove how good they are down everyone's through. Then there are posters like you that makes folks hate on WOS! All I am trying to get you to see is to win with class.

29 minutes ago, idk said:

And I didn't even have to say anything else for my point to be made. Dude everyone has the peaches behind a keyboard. We all know that WOS is good and should win STATE. The problem is there is a way to go about it or not. Win with class and loose with class. Don't get on here a show your ***!!! Like I have said some WOS fans are very respectful and don't try and shove how good they are down everyone's through. Then there are posters like you that makes folks hate on WOS! All I am trying to get you to see is to win with class.

I'll no problem saying the same thing to ur face and anybody else who has something to say about it I only fear God homeboy 

31 minutes ago, SILVER AND BLACK said:

I'll no problem saying the same thing to ur face and anybody else who has something to say about it I only fear God homeboy 

Oh Lord, here we go. Sometimes all I can do is shake my head and hope that someday you will get it. I will not get into a war of words as to who is the toughest homeboy. lol (that was really funny, Homeboy). If you choose to keep talking like a classless fan, then by all means go ahead. OH and before you say it, I know you don't care what nobody thinks about you. So have a good day.

37 minutes ago, SILVER AND BLACK said:

Okay, tough guy.  There is no need for this on this board.  If you continue, I possess the power to shorten your stay here!

1 hour ago, idk said:

Let me assure you, this TEAM wins with class every time. Most of their fan base on here does the same, but there are a few.. every town has them

1 hour ago, SILVER AND BLACK said:

You are getting carried away here... I have always been a WOS fan and going all the way with them. Im happy to be because of everything they do and the class that MOST WOS fans have. Please quit making WOS look bad with your insane posts

11 hours ago, idk said:

All I have to say is y'all better win it all, or I will make it my goal to remind you everyday until next year. Dude it is one thing to be confident but to have total disrespect is another. Don't get me wrong there are some really good WOS fans but some others are the most Arrogant posters on this site. 

The vast, vast majority of WOS fans (and the program in general) exhibit nothing but class.  This is the case even rising above nonsense (which was the case with one game of theirs I saw this year).  Every single fan base of every single team has at least one or two knuckleheads.  No one should paint any team or school or its fans with a broad brush based upon the words or actions of a few.