PNG vs. Barbers Hill

TradenupBH

9 hours ago, bigswole said:

BH boys warmed up against Porter and it's full steam ahead to Beaumont. Porter band may have PNG beat with that totally annoying tune they play when offence is up 2 the ball calling plays. I think im still hearing it.

BH 38

PNG 24

I have one that got brought up for playoffs, but don't know if he's suiting up for game. I wish he would because he knows all the PNG players, but other two will be there with me.

Mine will be out there also. I'll tell him to look for him.......explain this to me though please. BH refuses to be moved in our district so they have to put Livingston in there but, BH will come play a playoff game in our backyard and they're the ones who had it reserved. PNG had Stallworth. Just doesn't make sense.

22 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

This should be a good game. I know my family is pumped for this game due to the ties we have at the Reservation. I think BH matches up well on both sides of the ball. The X factor will be if we can slow down Shug enough to pull out a win. We've struggled containing a mobile QB this year. Good luck to both teams!

E-A-G-L-E-S, scalp'em Eagles, scalp'em! Lol

PNG has a stud sophomore QB that likes to take off running when his protection breaks down. He's more than likely going to be the fastest kid on the field. Contain him it should be close. If not the mound is in for a long night.

1 hour ago, pirate68 said:

PNG has a stud sophomore QB that likes to take off running when his protection breaks down. He's more than likely going to be the fastest kid on the field. Contain him it should be close. If not the mound is in for a long night.

I'm aware of him. Know him very well.

1 hour ago, Coach85 said:

Mine will be out there also. I'll tell him to look for him.......explain this to me though please. BH refuses to be moved in our district so they have to put Livingston in there but, BH will come play a playoff game in our backyard and they're the ones who had it reserved. PNG had Stallworth. Just doesn't make sense.

No clue why we aren't over there. That's above my pay grade. Lol  I'll let mine know to look out for yours as well. It will be a homecoming. Lol

I was out at Pecan festival Friday night working.

58 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

No clue why we aren't over there. That's above my pay grade. Lol  I'll let mine know to look out for yours as well. It will be a homecoming. Lol

I was out at Pecan festival Friday night working.

Yea. I'm still working out of town so I wasn't in this weekend. But I will be in for the game and I think it will be an exciting one. This will only be my second game to see but I already knew what to expect from Shug. It's the defense I was somewhat impressed with. Hopefully we will see y'all there. 

I guess we see the difference one of the most highly paid coaches in Texas can make in this one. Fist game of district play BH loses to Crosby 42-18, second to last game of district play BH loses to New Caney 42-17 before ending with a solid win over Porter. I personally believe BH is still short on athletes but that's what you pay the coach for. 

I think on good thin for BH is that Johnson rushed for all those yards and tds last week. Prior to that game BH might not even have put a spy on him, now their defensive staff probably views that as the primary threat. I think this will be similar to the PNG vs Dayton games the last couple of years scoring wise. Probably the best game of the four as far as competitiveness.

Hoping for a great game! BH has always had a tough time against PNG in the past , but I believe that our coaching will give us a good chance to knock off the Indians ! It looks like BH will have to contain a very good QB in which they had issues with against Humble, but Humbles QB was a big athletic QB.

On a side note BH fans need to get out of your seat and the band also needs to wake up! During our game against Porter I was embarrases at our fans and band! Porter had 100 fans and was supporting there team better than we were with a full house ! Show up, BLUE OUT & support our team... I can garuntee you PNG will!

38 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Hoping for a great game! BH has always had a tough time against PNG in the past , but I believe that our coaching will give us a good chance to knock off the Indians ! It looks like BH will have to contain a very good QB in which they had issues with against Humble, but Humbles QB was a big athletic QB.

On a side note BH fans need to get out of your seat and the band also needs to wake up! During our game against Porter I was embarrases at our fans and band! Porter had 100 fans and was supporting there team better than we were with a full house ! Show up, BLUE OUT & support our team... I can garuntee you PNG will!

You can def count on that. With this game being so close to home there should be MANY PNG, Nederland and other surrounding 22-5A locals there to support Indian Nation. 

9 hours ago, Coach85 said:

BH has no say so on what district they get put in....that is all a UIL decision...now I know people think there is some at BH that have a say in what decisions are made by the UIL and I can tell you there is no such person...no matter what anybody thinks

20 hours ago, Yeoj said:

You can't be a PNG football fan and complain about parking! That has to be an oxymoron. 

You can be a Lamar Basketball fan and complain about parking. IT IS RIDICULOUS,  to have a football game at Provost-Umphrey Stadium while there is a home opener basketball game going on at Montagne Center.

Pretty much every team we have faced has focused on him and just keeps going like the energizer bunny. Titans held him just under 100 in rushing, I think his lowest. But he threw for 160 there, so there is that....don't know about Hughes, but could be some interesting things in the back field. Your QB looks like he can maneuver and make things happen. # 10 is your our guy to slow down. Is he a senior?

8 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

Pretty much every team we have faced has focused on him and just keeps going like the energizer bunny. Titans held him just under 100 in rushing, I think his lowest. But he threw for 160 there, so there is that....don't know about Hughes, but could be some interesting things in the back field. Your QB looks like he can maneuver and make things happen. # 10 is your our guy to slow down. Is he a senior?

Yea, he's a senior, but alot of the kids are Juniors with some sophs sprinkled in.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:26 PM, FrodoNDN said:

It appears that #10 is primary go to guy. QB looks like he can avoid sacks and throw. Dbacks gonna have to work hard in this one.

I think it goes both ways, our DBs have to step up as well, our LBs have to concentrate on the QB and him taking off and our DBs will have to work hard and know where the ball is, can't keep our backs to the ball.

This will come down LB and DB play. Contain middle, don't over pursue and leave lanes for RJ to escape. Play tight coverage, shut down running game in middle and use the sidelines as your friend when PNG tries to bounce outside. Don't really see this as a blowout unless we let RJ run loose. Also, wrap up, RJ will spin at contact, so we need to flock to ball.

42-40 BH pulls the upset

I agree that this game will not be a blow out and not sure if I would call it an upset if BH won. BH will come to play and has played two good teams back to back coming into the playoffs, so they should be ready! I'll go with BH by 7 with neither team scoring in the 40's. PNG seems to be a 2nd half team like BH ,so I'm expecting a low scoring 1st half.

I haven't seen the hill play this year, so I wont try to predict a score. All I can say is they will have their hands full with this amazing sophomore QB. I hate that we lost our running back, with Him out it puts all the runs on the QB. If they keep spies on him we will take to the air. The question is can our defense stop or slow down the hills offense!