Port Neches-Groves 41 Nederland 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

6 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

He couldn't run the ball when he was in there. Nederland was hurting us in the 1st half with the pass. 2nd half, we started bringing pressure and your qb couldn't handle it. Your running game wasnt doing anything. So I dont think him going out made a difference.

Really? he had 70yds in the first half and was getting probably 7-8 yds per carry.  Ned drove down with him again in the second half but when he went out the offense stalled.

Good win!  Long overdue, but the special teams and kicking game is brutal.  They were lucky that the defense bailed them out when the score was 27-21 after that fake FG.   They obviously have zero confidence in their FG team.  If you're going to go for it, why not let 2 or 22 run the ball or just give it a chance and kick the daggum FG?   Why would you take the chance of that being a lateral and overthrown and scoop and score?   Let the offense do the work if you wanna go for it.  

I'm not really impressed with our team nor the play calling.   I'm proud of the defense for stepping up and making plays.  But this team will not go very far being a 1 man show.  They gotta get more creative and balanced on offense and more physical on defense.   I can't stand this system of playing one side of the ball.   Faircloth said after the game "our goal is to get to the playoffs." Well how about making a deep run in the playoffs and winning a state championship?  That will never happen unless you talk about it often, keep the playmakers On the field, Set the expectations higher and get into the players arse a little bit more.  This team has yet to completely dominate an opponent.

I apologize for this rant. I will stop now.

Congratulations to the Players and the Fans on this victory. 

13 minutes ago, jpg8101 said:

Good win!  Long overdue, but the special teams and kicking game is brutal.  They were lucky that the defense bailed them out when the score was 27-21 after that fake FG.   They obviously have zero confidence in their FG team.  If you're going to go for it, why not let 2 or 22 run the ball or just give it a chance and kick the daggum FG?   Why would you take the chance of that being a lateral and overthrown and scoop and score?   Let the offense do the work if you wanna go for it.  

I'm not really impressed with our team nor the play calling.   I'm proud of the defense for stepping up and making plays.  But this team will not go very far being a 1 man show.  They gotta get more creative and balanced on offense and more physical on defense.   I can't stand this system of playing one side of the ball.   Faircloth said after the game "our goal is to get to the playoffs." Well how about making a deep run in the playoffs and winning a state championship?  That will never happen unless you talk about it often, keep the playmakers On the field, Set the expectations higher and get into the players arse a little bit more.  This team has yet to completely dominate an opponent.

I apologize for this rant. I will stop now.

Congratulations to the Players and the Fans on this victory. 

I believe he said "one of our goals"

Like I said before this week, put in your best player's hands until the other team stops it. Tonight, Roschon was unstoppable. Congrats to the fans, players and staff at PNG - well deserved!

Congrats Coach Faircloth a 9-1 regular season and share of the district championship. COach has lead our Indians to 7 playoff appearances, and 3 District Championships in 8 years. Not to bad and we have a very bright future. The freshmen team was undefeated. The 8th grade team had one loss all year and was the district champions. The talent in those two grades is very very high right now. I see a bright future ahead for PNG. COach Faircloth is 36 wins away from becoming the winningest coach in our history. Hats off to Faircloth he has coached a great season!!!!

First off im still proud of my dogs. We used 5 different QBs, lost Perkins for a few weeks, lost Simmons a couple different times this season, and dealt with other injuries but still had a shot at the playoffs all the way to end. Sucks a forfeited game to a team we dominated kept us out but rules are rules. I think Nederland will bounce back next season.

Secondly hats of to PNG on the victory. This is a really good football team and i wish you a long playoff run....I'll be backing yall the whole way. Your QB is definitely as good as advertised, if not more and the scarey part is he still has 2 more years left!

Nederland played hard all season with all of the adversity and injuries that they dealt with.  I hate it for the players that they are not going to be in the playoffs this season.

With that said, a certain unnamed head coach who failed to properly document a transfer and played an ineligible player against a team that we could have beat with our JV quarterback definitely deserved to be edged out of the playoffs by one point.  No, I do not think it was intentional cheating, but it was still careless and inexcusable given his experience and salary.  I really hope that he apologizes individually to all of the players (and especially the seniors) because they played well enough to be playing next week and they will be sitting at home because of a 'mistake' by their head coach.  If a teacher or administrator in NISD made such a public mistake, they would be run out of town in record time.

I had to wait til this morning to comment. I wanted to digest it all. My main take away from this game is how much I admire Nederland's whole package. Ya'll are a class act in every way. There are too many things to list them all, but I find myself hurt that beating Nederland leaves them out of the playoff picture. I by chance ran into number 10's mom at Chik fil A Thursday night and found out that her son was a receiver for the 'Dogs and I thought well ok, but man that young man had a heck of a ball game. I told her I hated that if we beat Nederland it might keep them out, in the name of full disclosure, I told her don't misunderstand me I want to beat Nederland. MCM is the best sporting event that I have been to in my life. I have been to many MCM's but the last few years have been the most classic run in my life. Oh yeah one other thing, thank you BF for kicking the ball deep most of the time. 

Congratulations to PNG.  Not sure if y'all are happier about being a part of the DC's or beating Nederland lol.  Both are great accomplishments.  I'm pulling for all the 22-5A teams, so Go Indians!

And Ned, you find yourselves in a strange position.  Couldn't imagine the year would turn out like this.  And even through all the adversity, the Dogs played their hearts out.  I'm sure you'll be backing the playoff teams, just as I'm sure that next year, you'll be back in the playoffs.

Come on 22-5A, bust that 21-5A bubble.