5A playoff projections

Indianforever

7 minutes ago, indianforever said:

what has to happen for PNG to go D2?...........

the way I see it Central has the best shot of getting in even if PNG beats them this week. They then have Livingston and Lee left and if they win out they are in...is that correct?

If Central loses this weekend Nederland and Livingston have the best shot at getting in. No matter what if Livingston beats Central and Ozen they're in. If Ned and Central both finish 4-4 in district play which is very likely Nederland would get in. Central isn't mathematically eliminated but realistically it's between Livingston and Nederland for the last spot.

It's a ways away but all fans of the 21-5A and 22-5A D2 playoff teams should be cheering for Hutto to beat Leander Rouse this weekend. If that happens Cedar Park will most likely go D1 with Manvel and Temple leaving the D2 bracket wide open in region 3.

With College Station stud qb Ty Brock breaking his leg and Cedar Park going D1, not only do the bi-district winners have a chance to win a couple of games but they also have a chance to play for the region if things pan out.

There are still a lot of scenarios left in 21-5a to decide seeding. 

• BH wins out and Crosby loses to NC -  BH Div II 1 seed and Crosby Div II 2 seed
  • BH loses 1 game -  Crosby DIV II 1 seed and BH Div II 2 Seed
  • NC  & BH beat Porter - NC Div I 1 seed and Porter Div I 2 seed
  • Porter beats NC and NC loses to Crosby - Porter Div I 1 seed and NC Div I 2 seed
  • Porter beats NC and loses to BH So on and so on and so on :)

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Icon what are the scenarios? Or are they to many to count yet?

It really comes down to the following 3 teams (someone fact check me like Anderson Cooper please): Livingston, Nederland and Central

Livingston owns the Head to Head tiebreaker vs Nederland due to 1-0 forfeit for the ineligible player. If Central find a way to beat Livingston and Nederland can win at least 1 of their last 2, there's a chance of a log jam of 4-4 teams at the end of the regular season. It gets into point differentials after that, and I'm not up to date on those. 

Central could win out and throw a wrench in Nederland's plans, as can Livingston. The only way Nederland can "for sure" make it is by winning out. 

The only teams that are mathematically out are Lumberton and Lee. 

22 minutes ago, The Icon said:

It really comes down to the following 3 teams (someone fact check me like Anderson Cooper please): Livingston, Nederland and Central

Livingston owns the Head to Head tiebreaker vs Nederland due to 1-0 forfeit for the ineligible player. If Central find a way to beat Livingston and Nederland can win at least 1 of their last 2, there's a chance of a log jam of 4-4 teams at the end of the regular season. It gets into point differentials after that, and I'm not up to date on those. 

Central could win out and throw a wrench in Nederland's plans, as can Livingston. The only way Nederland can "for sure" make it is by winning out. 

ty

1 hour ago, The Icon said:

What about Ozen?

Guest Aledoalumni
3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It's a ways away but all fans of the 21-5A and 22-5A D2 playoff teams should be cheering for Hutto to beat Leander Rouse this weekend. If that happens Cedar Park will most likely go D1 with Manvel and Temple leaving the D2 bracket wide open in region 3.

With College Station stud qb Ty Brock breaking his leg and Cedar Park going D1, not only do the bi-district winners have a chance to win a couple of games but they also have a chance to play for the region if things pan out.

Count this Aledo guy cheering for Hutto! 

2 hours ago, The Icon said:

Ozen is out as well. (head to vs Ned and Central) (Also -20 vs Ned and -21 vs Central)

Central has Livingston, Lee and PNG left and are currently 2-3 in district.

Livingston has PAM , Central and Ozen left and are 3-3 in district.

Ned has Lumberton and PNG left and are 3-3 in district.

If Ned wins out they are in and the rest of this probably won't matter. (Assuming PAM beats Livingston)

If it ends up a three way tie it goes to point differential.

Ned:                          

-1 vs Livingston

+7 vs Central

+ 6 so far

Central:

-7 vs Ned

(Final score in Central vs Livingston game)

-7 so far

Livingston:

+1 vs Ned

(Final score in Central v Livingston game)

+1 so far.

So I think it would go like this:

If Central beats Livingston by 14 they are in.  -7 (currently) +14 (Livingston gm) would equal +7 total

If Central wins by less than 14 , Ned is in.   -7 (currently) +13 or less (Livingston gm) would equal +6 or less total. (Livingston would be out and it would go head-to-head, Ned won the game.)

If Livingston wins they are in. (+1 vs Ned) 

16 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Ozen is out as well. (head to vs Ned and Central) (Also -20 vs Ned and -21 vs Central)

Central has Livingston, Lee and PNG left and are currently 2-3 in district.

Livingston has PAM , Central and Ozen left and are 3-3 in district.

Ned has Lumberton and PNG left and are 3-3 in district.

If Ned wins out they are in and the rest of this probably won't matter. (Assuming PAM beats Livingston)

If it ends up a three way tie it goes to point differential.

Ned:                          

-1 vs Livingston

+7 vs Central

+ 6 so far

Central:

-7 vs Ned

(Final score in Central vs Livingston game)

-7 so far

Livingston:

+1 vs Ned

(Final score in Central v Livingston game)

+1 so far.

So I think it would go like this:

If Central beats Livingston by 14 they are in.  -7 (currently) +14 (Livingston gm) would equal +7 total

If Central wins by less than 14 , Ned is in.   -7 (currently) +13 or less (Livingston gm) would equal +6 or less total. (Livingston would be out and it would go head-to-head, Ned won the game.)

If Livingston wins they are in. (+1 vs Ned) 

What if Livingston beats central and Ozen but loses to PAM? They would be 5-3 with head to head wins over Central and Nederland.

22 minutes ago, bulldawg64 said:

No we have to beat lumberton at our stadium first or it does not mean diddly what central does if we do not win we need to worry about the dogs what happens elsewhere will happen regardlous if dogs are barking there or not  go jags! 

True.  All this assumes that Ned beats Lumberton and loses to PNG.  If Ned wins out , it depends on what Livingston does against Central,Ozen and PAM.