5A playoff projections

Indianforever

6 minutes ago, indianforever said:

At tha Butch 

That would be even better. I just think these 2 teams are far and away the best 5a teams in the state and if they don't play it would be a shame. I will say crazy things happen in the playoffs and even if they go D1 it's no guarantee one of them doesn't get beat before they meet.

45 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

That would be even better. I just think these 2 teams are far and away the best 5a teams in the state and if they don't play it would be a shame. I will say crazy things happen in the playoffs and even if they go D1 it's no guarantee one of them doesn't get beat before they meet.

This year I don't think Cedar Park would beat Denton Ryan, Lancaster, Frisco Lone Star or Foster. I think they would also struggle with College Station after seeing them beat Temple this weekend. You would never have to worry about them playing that potential game at the Butch though, UT, A&M, Baylor, Alamodome and NRG are all more sought after venues that time of year.

36 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

This year I don't think Cedar Park would beat Denton Ryan, Lancaster, Frisco Lone Star or Foster. I think they would also struggle with College Station after seeing them beat Temple this weekend. You would never have to worry about them playing that potential game at the Butch though, UT, A&M, Baylor, Alamodome and NRG are all more sought after venues that time of year.

Oh I agree the game wouldn't be played at the Butch. The question was posed to me and of course I would like to see it there. Close to the house and a nice place to watch a high school football game. I have to disagree about all those teams being better than CP though. Hope they go D1 so we can find out. CP shut out a Vandegrift team that Westalke only beat 17-10. Also killed a Midway team that beat Temple. Most impressive win to me was the Conally game were they shut them out and held them to less than 100 yds total offense. PC was unbeaten at the time.

1 hour ago, bronco pride said:

Oh I agree the game wouldn't be played at the Butch. The question was posed to me and of course I would like to see it there. Close to the house and a nice place to watch a high school football game. I have to disagree about all those teams being better than CP though. Hope they go D1 so we can find out. CP shut out a Vandegrift team that Westalke only beat 17-10. Also killed a Midway team that beat Temple. Most impressive win to me was the Conally game were they shut them out and held them to less than 100 yds total offense. PC was unbeaten at the time.

You have to take Westlake vs Vandy score with a grain of salt though, Same Ehlinger is one of the highest rated qbs in the country and didn't play in that game and is out for the season. Vandy also doesn't have 6000+ career yard rusher Travis Brannan anymore. Westlake wasn't the same team that beat Katy, more like the one that lost to Lake Travis 49-7 the game Ehlinger went down.

Connally has been playing well but they're a lot like Porter, 8-22 the prior three seasons but have improved and beat some people. CP's most impressive district win so far has been shutting out Rouse who dropped 60 on a GT team CP beat 41-20. CP's defense is dominant but this year they lack some of the personnel of years past on both sides of the ball which is I think they would be beaten by several team they're ranked ahead of this year.