5A playoff projections

Indianforever

43 minutes ago, jake94 said:

If PNG were to be upset by Central this week and Central defeats Lee and Livingston, then MCM becomes a one game playoff elimination game for Ned/PNG if Ned beats Lumberton and PNG beats Ozen. True or False?

well, lets see.

In your scenario:

PNG loses to Central, beats Ozen.

They would be 5-2 in district going into MCM.

Ned beats Lumberton 

They would be 4-3 going into MCM.

Central beats PNG,Lee and Livingston.

They would finish 5-3 in district.

So, if Ned beats PNG in MCM,  Ned would be 5-3 in district , PNG would be 5-3 in district and Central would be 5-3.  So Ned would get in via head to head vs the other 2 teams (in 3rd place).  Central would also be in (4th place) via head to head.  PNG would be out.

If PNG wins, they are 6-2 in district , Ned would be 4-4 in district and Central would be 5-3.   PNG  (2nd place , head to vs Vidor) and Central (4th place) would be in , Ned would be out .

So after a long answer to a short question , yes that would be true.

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

Ozen is out as well. (head to vs Ned and Central) (Also -20 vs Ned and -21 vs Central)

Central has Livingston, Lee and PNG left and are currently 2-3 in district.

Livingston has PAM , Central and Ozen left and are 3-3 in district.

Ned has Lumberton and PNG left and are 3-3 in district.

If Ned wins out they are in and the rest of this probably won't matter. (Assuming PAM beats Livingston)

If it ends up a three way tie it goes to point differential.

Ned:                          

-1 vs Livingston

+7 vs Central

+ 6 so far

Central:

-7 vs Ned

(Final score in Central vs Livingston game)

-7 so far

Livingston:

+1 vs Ned

(Final score in Central v Livingston game)

+1 so far.

So I think it would go like this:

If Central beats Livingston by 14 they are in.  -7 (currently) +14 (Livingston gm) would equal +7 total

If Central wins by less than 14 , Ned is in.   -7 (currently) +13 or less (Livingston gm) would equal +6 or less total. (Livingston would be out and it would go head-to-head, Ned won the game.)

If Livingston wins they are in. (+1 vs Ned) 

Appreciate man 

Guest Aledoalumni
6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It's a ways away but all fans of the 21-5A and 22-5A D2 playoff teams should be cheering for Hutto to beat Leander Rouse this weekend. If that happens Cedar Park will most likely go D1 with Manvel and Temple leaving the D2 bracket wide open in region 3.

With College Station stud qb Ty Brock breaking his leg and Cedar Park going D1, not only do the bi-district winners have a chance to win a couple of games but they also have a chance to play for the region if things pan out.

I dont know the tie breakers for 19-5A but this is what I am worried about. Assuming Cedar Park and Connally are in, I think the most likely scenario is Georgetown, Hutto, and Rouse all end up at 5-3 in district. I think no matter what tie breakers you use, if this happens, either Georgetown or Hutto are the odd team out. Georgetown beat Hutto 35-32 and Rouse beat Georgetown 60-27. Doubtful Elgin or Bastrop will upset Rouse so you have to hope for Georgetown to beat Connally week 11. 

Laymens for Cedar Park D1:

Hutto beat Rouse and Cedar Creek

Georgetown beat Cedar Creek and Connally 

D1 Cedar Park 8-0

D1 Connally 6-2

D2 Georgetown 6-2

D2 Hutto 5-3

Out: Rouse 5-3(lost head to head vs Hutto)

43 minutes ago, WinterIsComing1 said:

I dont know the tie breakers for 19-5A but this is what I am worried about. Assuming Cedar Park and Connally are in, I think the most likely scenario is Georgetown, Hutto, and Rouse all end up at 5-3 in district. I think no matter what tie breakers you use, if this happens, either Georgetown or Hutto are the odd team out. Georgetown beat Hutto 35-32 and Rouse beat Georgetown 60-27. Doubtful Elgin or Bastrop will upset Rouse so you have to hope for Georgetown to beat Connally week 11. 

Laymens for Cedar Park D1:

Hutto beat Rouse and Cedar Creek

Georgetown beat Cedar Creek and Connally 

D1 Cedar Park 8-0

D1 Connally 6-2

D2 Georgetown 6-2

D2 Hutto 5-3

Out: Rouse 5-3(lost head to head vs Hutto)

Yeah, I was going pie in the sky. I hadn't been sold on Conally and after Rouse put 60 on Georgetown I thought they would get PC. Now that PC beat Rouse I have little to no faith Georgetown can knock them off the last week of the season. The game is in GT though, maybe GT just had a bad night in Leander? 

Another Interesting thing is Brenham and Magnolia will most likely both be 7-0 in district play and playing for the district championship the last game of the season. Cedar Park would get the loser of that game in the first round. 

Guest Aledoalumni
8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

25 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, I was going pie in the sky. I hadn't been sold on Conally and after Rouse put 60 on Georgetown I thought they would get PC. Now that PC beat Rouse I have little to no faith Georgetown can knock them off the last week of the season. The game is in GT though, maybe GT just had a bad night in Leander? 

Another Interesting thing is Brenham and Magnolia will most likely both be 7-0 in district play and playing for the district championship the last game of the season. Cedar Park would get the loser of that game in the first round. 

If Hutto wins then Georgetown knows they must win to make the playoffs. Considering that and Connally already being locked into a playoff spot maybe Connally is not as motivated as while Georgetown is playing in front of all their fans for their playoff lives. Georgetown would be in playoff mode while Connally might rest a player or two if they need a week to get healthy. 

17 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Obviously I'm a homer so I want Brenham to win that game, but the way their defense has been lately, I'm not convinced.

On 10/17/2016 at 11:09 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

It's a ways away but all fans of the 21-5A and 22-5A D2 playoff teams should be cheering for Hutto to beat Leander Rouse this weekend. If that happens Cedar Park will most likely go D1 with Manvel and Temple leaving the D2 bracket wide open in region 3.

With College Station stud qb Ty Brock breaking his leg and Cedar Park going D1, not only do the bi-district winners have a chance to win a couple of games but they also have a chance to play for the region if things pan out.

Hutto will not beat Rouse.  Hutto barley beat a bad Elgin Team(37-34) and equally as bad Eastview  team(36-29) and let Bastrop(1-7) hang around until the 4th quarter before pulling away 28-12.  Rouse beat a very good Georgetown team a few weeks ago 60-27.  Rouse(2006) and Pflugerville Connally(1977) will go D1 and Cedar Park(1949) and Georgetown(1877) will go D2.

32 minutes ago, Javelina said:

Hutto will not beat Rouse.  Hutto barley beat a bad Elgin Team(37-34) and equally as bad Eastview  team(36-29) and let Bastrop(1-7) hang around until the 4th quarter before pulling away 28-12.  Rouse beat a very good Georgetown team a few weeks ago 60-27.  Rouse(2006) and Pflugerville Connally(1977) will go D1 and Cedar Park(1949) and Georgetown(1877) will go D2.

the #1 seed in 21-5A is on the tough side of the bracket if Cedar Park goes D2

5 hours ago, Javelina said:

Yep, and after sucking so long Conally wasn't supposed to be a factor this year either. It's definitely going to be a task but they're basically playing a playoff game Friday night, maybe Robinson makes a couple of plays in a big time game that effects the outcome? I think Rouse will win also though, which is why I already predicted we play Cedar Park in the third round. 

Here's how I see it: Ned wins out and makes MCM relevant because KJAC, KFDM, FOX, SETXSports, KLVI, 92.5, ESPN, the Port Arthur News and Gabe Pruitt will all be happy and can make it the game of the century. Meanwhile, PAM and Vidor are playing for the district championship the last game of the regular season somewhere in northwestern Orange County. 

9 hours ago, indianforever said:

If central wins by 14+ they are in...if central wins by 7 or less Nederland is in...I think that's how it goes

What happens in the 7 - 14 range that you left out? 

If Central wins by 14 they would be in, if they win by 13 or less, Nederland is in.  If Livingston wins, they are in. 

17 hours ago, robanadana said:

Here's how I see it: Ned wins out and makes MCM relevant because KJAC, KFDM, FOX, SETXSports, KLVI, 92.5, ESPN, the Port Arthur News and Gabe Pruitt will all be happy and can make it the game of the century. Meanwhile, PAM and Vidor are playing for the district championship the last game of the regular season somewhere in northwestern Orange County. 

Sorry Roban Vidor isn't playing for the district championship, not even close. PAM is loaded and will not let Vidor ruin their 10-0 run for the year. Don't care if it is in boneyard or not, Hines will keep yall  on yalls heals all night long.

23 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

Sorry Roban Vidor isn't playing for the district championship, not even close. PAM is loaded and will not let Vidor ruin their 10-0 run for the year. Don't care if it is in boneyard or not, Hines will keep yall  on yalls heals all night long.

Uuuhhhmm yes, it is for the district championship. We win, we share title. In the immortal words of Herm Edwards "it's why you play the game!"

9 minutes ago, robanadana said:

Uuuhhhmm yes, it is for the district championship. We win, we share title. In the immortal words of Herm Edwards "it's why you play the game!"

SO, if P.N.G. wins out, then Vidor can beat Memorial, its a 3 way tie???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow......... Its the simple things in life!!!!!!!