Strong close to losing Job??

D3zii

Monday, Oct. 3

"A high-ranking Texas official said on Sunday night that Strong is 'very close' to losing his job at the end of the season after back-to-back road losses to Cal and Oklahoma State," Sports Illustrated's 

This is the hidden content, please
 reported Monday. "The official said that there will be no move made during the year on Strong."

Yes this year has been up and down, but I for one do not think this was a good idea to let ppl in and know they are close to letting him go,  but just the other day his job was safe...

If I'm not mistaken didn't Perrin Get Gilbert and Maddox here because he said Strong would not be fired... i do feel however Strong will get the ball going again and win 8games and a bowl but ..

this is not a good look 

Well he made is fame by being a DC, lets see what happens now that he taking over the defense. I realize Bedford is a close friend that came with him from Louisville, but if he might have to make a hard decision and go out and hire a big name DC so he can return to HC job duties. If he cant cut ties and put the friendship to the side, it might cause him his job.

HOOK em'

Knowing your defense has been terrible thus far, why defer and let okie lite take the ball, score, get a stop, and go score again. Down 14-0 off the bat. Doesn't make sense to me. I've been wrong before, but I don't think Charlie gets axed. But right now he looks like a dead man walking. We shall see.

33 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

Knowing your defense has been terrible thus far, why defer and let okie lite take the ball, score, get a stop, and go score again. Down 14-0 off the bat. Doesn't make sense to me. I've been wrong before, but I don't think Charlie gets axed. But right now he looks like a dead man walking. We shall see.

Mainly because he said the defense had "been fixed". 

Plus, coaches are stubborn people.

Sometimes us (me included) as longhorn fans are to full of ourselves, he's been there 3yrs and has had back to back top recruiting classes.. That means these kids are Freshman an sophomores and will make mistakes.. He just pulled off a marquee time win against ND, who cares if there not as good as we thought.. Those teams we lost but could have beat are pretty good Okst should be 4-1 and Cal is 4-1 beating a good Utah team..we are getting ahead of ourselves ,  he is a good coach I feel we should give him his due and let him finish out this year an next year, after another good recruiting class and a team of Sophomore and Juniors.. now if we see no change then I'm all for parting ways but I do not like this,  and feel Strong isnt getting his fair share ..

1 hour ago, UTfanatic said:

This worked for aggy.

The expectations are much higher at Texas!

horns up and Hookem

No pun but look at A&M now, a marquee program with a chance to crash the NCAA playoffs... A&M gave him his due and now he has a really good team,  all it took was a key hire.. We can say what we want but he has A&M on the up and up 

2 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Sometimes us (me included) as longhorn fans are to full of ourselves, he's been there 3yrs and has had back to back top recruiting classes.. That means these kids are Freshman an sophomores and will make mistakes.. He just pulled off a marquee time win against ND, who cares if there not as good as we thought.. Those teams we lost but could have beat are pretty good Okst should be 4-1 and Cal is 4-1 beating a good Utah team..we are getting ahead of ourselves ,  he is a good coach I feel we should give him his due and let him finish out this year an next year, after another good recruiting class and a team of Sophomore and Juniors.. now if we see no change then I'm all for parting ways but I do not like this,  and feel Strong isnt getting his fair share ..

I said before, 

that Strong would not get fired during the season. 

2 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

I said before, 

that Strong would not get fired during the season. 

Ion think he should after the season either unless is just that bad and he loses all control which I truly doubt will happen..

I still have Texas finishing 8-4 including a bowl game 

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Ion think he should after the season either unless is just that bad and he loses all control which I truly doubt will happen..

I still have Texas finishing 8-4 including a bowl game 

What bothers me most, are the mistakes made in game 1, have not been corrected.

I love Charlie, but it's all on him now.

I guess being a fanatic, I should predict a shutout!

Hookem

29 minutes ago, baddog said:

Funny, I remember R.C. Slocum firing all his coaches just to save his arse, but let's make fun of Strong taking over a defense.

Reminds me of the old comment from HornFans:

Cletus: Why they can Slocum?

Delmar: Dunno, prolly Bowl Game Chokems and Office help Pokems!

1 hour ago, Footballfan1209 said:

That's like saying its not Obamas fault his 8 years have gone so bad, its Bush's fault even though his been gone for almost a decade.

Even with that, you can only do so much when the house is against everything you try to do 

1 hour ago, Footballfan1209 said:

I can see maybe blaming the first two on Mack but we are in year three, have to start putting the blame where its due and that's on CS

I'm not even blaming Mack anymore, I'm saying look what you have...If its a duck it's a duck we can sit here and say well it's a bigger duck or small duck but at the end of the day it's still a duck..

all im saying is We all wanna sit here and say yea there young but it's no excuse well if you've ever played football that's not always true, yea sometimes you have some phenomes but most freshman and sophomores are gonna play like freshman and Sophmores,..Missing tackles, missing assignments that's rookie mistakes...

people be well freshman play all the time at Bama an they shine....Well I would to if I was playing around next years top 20 draft picks...They mess up but those players around them are so good you barley notice..Difference at Texas is their is no Senior Phenom..Your phenom is a sophomore linebacker who is good but will still make mistakes..or A freshman In Roach or Jones..Let's just look at it how it is guys.,

I do however feel Strong should have them tackling everyday like Muschamp use to do lol

9 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Even with that, you can only do so much when the house is against everything you try to do 

I really believe that the overwhelming majority of Longhorns want Charlie to succeed!

I am not in the administration, so I can't speak for them! I think they do. 

Everyone looks and feels better when Texas wins. 

When I was younger, If Texas lost, best leave me alone until Monday or Tuesday. 

And look at me now!

horns up and Hookem 

2 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

I really believe that the overwhelming majority of Longhorns want Charlie to succeed!

And look at me now!

horns up and Hookem 

Agree, I want Charlie to do well and would like to see him have along tenure on the 40Acres

12 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

And look at me now!

horns up and Hookem 

lol I sware I was the same way, except it was a few yrs ago like when we lost to K-State in 06 I saw purple spots, and then in 08 when we lost to Tech I didn't know what to do with myself