Minority jail sentences

Big girl

15 hours ago, Big girl said:

Read the article. Blacks with exactly the same criminal history as their white counterpoint are ARRESTED and CONVICTED at higher rates when commiting the same crime.. Can you read?

I feel sorry for you. It must suck to live a miserable life with so much hate. Instead of fixing the problem blacks want to point the finger and place blame. 

48 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

You and tobie are both defending crooks, at least I believe that tobie will admit it!

I have stated over and over that I'm not a Trump fan. Are you actually trying to say I am?

And who am I defending? new tobie keeps writing outrageous statements on here, and I just respond by showing were he is wrong or hypocritical. Are you suggesting that I am defending someone based on that?

On 10/1/2016 at 2:23 PM, new tobie said:

This is the hidden content, please

Good ole peace loving policeman

That officer was an idiot and got what he deserved. 

Do you want to be judged by any group that you are in (sex, race, profession, hometown, etc.) by what an individual person might do? 

Should any group be judged by individuals?

Why should I or any other officer be judged by this idiot?

Again, name 10,000 crooked or abusive officers and it is 1%. Name 20,000 and it is 2% and so on. 

How many school teachers have been in the news recently for committing sexual assault of a child? In fact we have had several cases locally and likely way more than any officers in this area.... and the teachers are wearing camera or having car videos running. Why no threads of abusive or teachers abusing children? How about the nurses that kill patients or steal their drugs? 

And lastly, even though in my first sentence I said the officer was wrong and got what he deserved, I will hear some in this forum claim yet again that I and others always cover for officers. It has never been true and will remain so. The main difference is that I want to see proof just like we demand for everyone else. 

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:29 AM, stevenash said:

This is the hidden content, please

Question - would you be offended by a group of White lives matter?  How about National Association for the advancement of White People?  Association of White Educators? Committee on the treatment of White people?  

Respectfully, is it much different?  Depends on what side of the fence your on.  

Big girl has a valid point , albeit to the contrary of popular belief of some on this board , I think the point she was trying to make was the injustice that's dealing with our justice system , institutionalized slavery is what it's called , as a black man myself I make NO excuse for my OWN circumstances , I work everyday , pay my taxes , pay my ties at church amongst other things , have NO prison record , own my own land and house , but I'm in no way oblivious to the "white privilege" of the country that I love called America , a country that the amendments were caterd to the "white man" so to speak , at a time when NO other race ( not just blacks ) had ANY rights whatsoever in this country , everybody is quick to say "get over it" " it was a long time ago" well this is how this country was built gentlemen , we've made great strides I must say , tremendous strides , but the stains of racism is inbetted in our minds wether be good or bad , is every white person privileged , NO , I think I'm doing better than some , but the justice statistics don't lie , right here in our backyard  In Jefferson county by way of judge Layne Walker it was blantaly evident , and courts around the nation , im NOT a racist person by far , I work with people of different nationalities and I've hired white guys and others , but if you talk to OUR elders ( Grandmother ), they will give you a completely  different outlook on race because of the hostility in those days , I find myself walking a fine line because that can influence you to think with the same ration , but I can't , why ? , because I didn't experience Jim Crow , or segregation , but being around great uncles and aunts tell horrific stories , show pictures , newspaper clippings , and also experiencing un-equality my self as a minority , you come up with your own conclusion as a man , its a cold world , but it's 50% of what you make it , and 50% of the opportunity , and majority of my people don't get that other 50% of the American Pie , like Whoa said it's strictly based on what side of the fence your on , that's very much true my friend ✔

1 hour ago, Finesser said:

Big girl has a valid point , albeit to the contrary of popular belief of some on this board , I think the point she was trying to make was the injustice that's dealing with our justice system , institutionalized slavery is what it's called , as a black man myself I make NO excuse for my OWN circumstances , I work everyday , pay my taxes , pay my ties at church amongst other things , have NO prison record , own my own land and house , but I'm in no way oblivious to the "white privilege" of the country that I love called America , a country that the amendments were caterd to the "white man" so to speak , at a time when NO other race ( not just blacks ) had ANY rights whatsoever in this country , everybody is quick to say "get over it" " it was a long time ago" well this is how this country was built gentlemen , we've made great strides I must say , tremendous strides , but the stains of racism is inbetted in our minds wether be good or bad , is every white person privileged , NO , I think I'm doing better than some , but the justice statistics don't lie , right here in our backyard  In Jefferson county by way of judge Layne Walker it was blantaly evident , and courts around the nation , im NOT a racist person by far , I work with people of different nationalities and I've hired white guys and others , but if you talk to OUR elders ( Grandmother ), they will give you a completely  different outlook on race because of the hostility in those days , I find myself walking a fine line because that can influence you to think with the same ration , but I can't , why ? , because I didn't experience Jim Crow , or segregation , but being around great uncles and aunts tell horrific stories , show pictures , newspaper clippings , and also experiencing un-equality my self as a minority , you come up with your own conclusion as a man , its a cold world , but it's 50% of what you make it , and 50% of the opportunity , and majority of my people don't get that other 50% of the American Pie , like Whoa said it's strictly based on what side of the fence your on , that's very much true my friend ✔

Then what do you propose as a solution?  Do you think that looting and rioting is a viable means of resolving such issues?  Does the Jim Crow era or the era that your elders discuss exist today?

1 hour ago, Finesser said:

I noticed you failed to mention the trillions of dollars spent on Social programs geared at inner-city Blacks. I noticed you failed to mention Affirmative Action laws that give an unfair advantage to less qualified people based solely on skin color. I noticed you failed to mention these same laws giving the same unfair advantage in admittance criteria. I noticed you failed to mentioned all of the minority outreach programs designed to conform to soft quotas, which in many case means "Whites need not apply". I noticed in your other post on this forum that you instinctly stereotyped white people on this forum. I noticed you failed to mention that a white person can get fired and/or have his life ruined just for disagreeing with a Black person (or any minority). I noticed you failed to provide any stats/proof on this so-called "institutionalized slavery". I noticed you mentioned "white privilege" but give no explanation as to what that consists of. I noticed that you contend that White people get more opportunities but fail to give any clarification/proof. I noticed you failed to mention the daily in-your-face accusations of racism directed solely at White people, especially Southern White men. I've heard it all before, but I don't dare question any of it...lest I be branded racist. The truth you conveniently omitted. 

On 10/7/2016 at 2:43 PM, Finesser said:

Guys,

You think it might be possible to read this and actually think about what he is saying? This man is giving a view through his eyes, something I or anyone else cannot see. It seems most of us have the YEA, BUT attitude, always wanting to put someones opinion down, while promoting our own. To me, this post did not come off like some other folks on here, trying to cram something down our throats......to me, it was an honest opinion that at minimum needs to be considered before automatic retaliation....

This was a well written post!

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:43 PM, Finesser said:

I can fap to this.  You seem like a stand up guy, regardless of your race.  You're right when you say you can't use what your ancestors went through as a motive.  You take the bull by the horns and get things done, and I admire that.  I'm a white mutt, but my best friend is a black man that I'm proud to call my brother.  He's cut from the same jib as you, he is a productive member of society.  But, he also knows the reality of things (Mostly because we had many, many, heated debates in our dorm room in college) that you and him are NOT the issue.  The issue, in my eyes, has nothing to do with race, but with attitude.  You guys are winners in life, and that comes from home training.  Many people are not as fortunate as you and it's showing in the "dumbing down" of our society, Big Girl being a prime example.  Regardless of what she means to get across, what she actually says is what gets everyone wound up.  A little critical thinking goes a long way...