First Presidential Debate Tonight

PhatMack19

16 hours ago, stevenash said:

I wonder if he thought it was racist of me when I told him that ZB was the best player ever to step on the HJ courts?

Where is the rolling eyes emoji when you need it? Shoot, even Hitler came out to watch Jesse Owens perform. Black nannies use to clean, cook, and raise white kids at one time. 

1 hour ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Where is the rolling eyes emoji when you need it? Shoot, even Hitler came out to watch Jesse Owens perform. Black nannies use to clean, cook, and raise white kids at one time. 

Hitler hated Jesse Owens. Had Hitler won the war, he would have exterminated all blacks just like he attempted with the Jews, and you would not be here.

2 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Be careful what you people ask for, you had a great President leading this country the past 8 years and now look at our choices.

Thanks Dove, I got my laugh for the day.  As you said in your next post, where's my rolling eyes emoji.  But on the "look at our choices", I certainly agree.  Jmo, but I'd take Obama over Hillary.  And I'll vote Trump because Hillary is the worst candidate I've seen in my long lifetime.  If he wins, which I doubt, I may not vote for him four years from now.  But the key to me is, I don't know how good/bad a job Trump will do.  I do know about Hillary.

15 hours ago, TxHoops said:

No question Holt was tougher (if you can call it "tough") with Trump.  And you're right, it was to be expected.  

You, my good friend, are an anomaly.  A liberal (barely by today's standards) who bases his opinion from a level playing field.  We may not always agree, but I always respect your post.  And if you do see something different from me, I definitely stop and rethink why.  That's what's great!  When the left and right can "talk", instead of, as Whoopi posted on another thread, thumping buggers at each other.

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

You, my good friend, are an anomaly.  A liberal (barely by today's standards) who bases his opinion from a level playing field.  We may not always agree, but I always respect your post.  And if you do see something different from me, I definitely stop and rethink why.  That's what's great!  When the left and right can "talk", instead of, as Whoopi posted on another thread, thumping buggers at each other.

It's flicking...not thumping.  If you thump a booger, it usually goes straight up in the air and you don't have any control over where it goes.  You gotta get your technique down and flicking is much more accurate!

2 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

It's flicking...not thumping.  If you thump a booger, it usually goes straight up in the air and you don't have any control over where it goes.  You gotta get your technique down and flicking is much more accurate!

Lmbo, well heck, I was close.  You gotta remember, I'm old and senile.  Don't know what brought you to the Dark Side of the Forum, but you're a welcome addition.  You seem to get on liberals and conservatives with equal enthusiasm.  Since you haven't ragged on me (yet), I find it refreshing :) 

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Lmbo, well heck, I was close.  You gotta remember, I'm old and senile.  Don't know what brought you to the Dark Side of the Forum, but you're a welcome addition.  You seem to get on liberals and conservatives with equal enthusiasm.  Since you haven't ragged on me (yet), I find it refreshing :) 

Definitely the smell of Evadale that's done that for you!  I remember smelling that nonsense in Call Junction growing up!  Lulz.

23 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Good deal...a booger logistical expert...welcome to the political forum...you can help us with liberal speak. :)

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

BS Wildcats and I had a similar conversation yesterday.  It's a shame the folks we have "representing" us can't have meaningful, civilized conversations like you and I have regularly and the same with BS Wildcats.  Our conversation was how sad it is that the dialogue has broken down to the point it has. I think with us, it stems from mutual respect.  I like hearing other view points and genuinely enjoy our conversations.  

There was a day and age when that was true in Washington, Austin, or wherever.  Those days appear to be long gone though.  If so, and we don't do something to right the ship, I fear we are in deep, deep trouble.  And if either side thinks it's just the other side creating or continuing the problem, I could point you to something my grandma would say about finger pointing...

In short, there is no shortage of blame on either side...

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

BS Wildcats and I had a similar conversation yesterday.  It's a shame the folks we have "representing" us can't have meaningful, civilized conversations like you and I have regularly and the same with BS Wildcats.  Our conversation was how sad it is that the dialogue has broken down to the point it has. I think with us, it stems from mutual respect.  I like hearing other view points and genuinely enjoy our conversations.  

There was a day and age when that was true in Washington, Austin, or wherever.  Those days appear to be long gone though.  If so, and we don't do something to right the ship, I fear we are in deep, deep trouble.  And if either side thinks it's just the other side creating or continuing the problem, I could point you to something my grandma would say about finger pointing...

In short, there is no shortage of blame on either side...

No shortage of blame on each side - absolutely!  Although I may detest many democrat politicians for their political/social stances, at least they're out in the open about it.  Even worse, imo, are some Republicans (and Democrats) who get elected pretending to love our country, and our way of life, but have an agenda of globalization.  An aim that in my feeble mind is treasonous.  Must stop now & let my bp go down.